Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIV- Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
you really hope that nutcase sells the team but knowing him he'd do it with someone wholl move them to Quebec

Melnyk is arguing with local authorities over the new arena development, getting sued by former partners, losing money on the team hand over fist. He has done NOTHING to change the course. Losing Duchene and Stone makes things worse, not better. There is a point as a business man that you have to accept defeat and cut your losses. As long as fans in Ottawa continue to not buy seats, merch, and voice their malcontent. They will win the staring contest.
Melnyk will run out of money before fans run out of will.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Melnyk is arguing with local authorities over the new arena development, getting sued by former partners, losing money on the team hand over fist. He has done NOTHING to change the course. Losing Duchene and Stone makes things worse, not better. There is a point as a business man that you have to accept defeat and cut your losses. As long as fans in Ottawa continue to not buy seats, merch, and voice their malcontent. They will win the staring contest.
Melnyk will run out of money before fans run out of will.
We'll see how long the league's patience lasts, too.

Reactions: bbfan419

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I actually feel bad for Ottawa fans. They deserve better than this and what has been happening in recent years.

They were one goal away from the Stanley Cup finals and have just rocketed straight down ever since. The off ice shenanigans don't help but man alive.

As much as we all belly-ache and complain, we've got a good team, good management and are set up to continue to be on the cusp of contender.

No GM is perfect but I'd take Don Sweeney over most GM's in the league.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
They were one goal away from the Stanley Cup finals and have just rocketed straight down ever since. The off ice shenanigans don't help but man alive.

As much as we all belly-ache and complain, we've got a good team, good management and are set up to continue to be on the cusp of contender.

No GM is perfect but I'd take Don Sweeney over most GM's in the league.

Minnesota and Edmonton would kill for Sweeney right now.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Guys honestly I think we're just a brassard or Kevin Hayes to take a real super shot for lord Stanley. We need a 3c i want Coyle up with debrusk and David k. Patrice needs pasta. So if we have say brassard and danton on third that's as deep as you can be to take a shot against tampa.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Guys honestly I think we're just a brassard or Kevin Hayes to take a real super shot for lord Stanley. We need a 3c i want Coyle up with debrusk and David k. Patrice needs pasta. So if we have say brassard and danton on third that's as deep as you can be to take a shot against tampa.
No, Brassard isn't gonna be the answer to pushing us over the top. We need one of Stone/Duchene/Panarin to be a true threat to Tampa imo. Not saying we can't beat them if we stand pat, just it would be quite an uphill battle.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Yeah, Studnicka and/or Vaak are off the Market unless its a sign and Trade.
The only problem I have with trading Studnicka is predicting how long Bergeron and Krejci will be effective. Now if we think Bergeron and Krejci will be playing at the same level this season for the next 2-3 seasons, does that give the Bruins some leeway to deal Studnicka in a package for someone like Stone and enough time to draft/develop another prospect to be a #1C/#2C? I think Coyle (if he re-signs), JFK, and/or Frederic could be able to to take that #2C spot eventually, but I don't think they will be able to be that #1C the Bruins will need. The Bruins would also be loaded at wing with Marchand, Pastrnak, Stone, and DeBrusk. Marchand, Pastrnak, and Stone have shown that they can carry their line (Riley Nash). Maybe that makes trading Studnicka a little easier, for a signed Stone of course.

With Vaakanainen, I think he will be a top 4D, most likely a top-pairing defenseman. I can also see Lauzon being that top 4D. I'm not sure Lauzon has as high as a ceiling as Vaakanainen, but Lauzon does play a more physical game. If the Bruins feel like both will be top 4D, then maybe they can move one of them to improve the team. The Bruins also still have Chara, Krug, Grzelcyk, Moore, and Zboril on LD. Locking up McAvoy and Carlo long term at RD will certainly help.

Last edited:

Bauer3000

Oct 19, 2006

I don’t agree with this. This team needs a Mark Stone or Panarin to have any chance at a cup this year. If they decide to grab a Zucc or Hayes and not dig deep into the asset pool I’m ok with that. Will make for an exciting playoff and good experience for some of the younger guys but no way are they beating Tampa or Washington in my opinion

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
No, Brassard isn't gonna be the answer to pushing us over the top. We need one of Stone/Duchene/Panarin to be a true threat to Tampa imo. Not saying we can't beat them if we stand pat, just it would be quite an uphill battle.
The problem Donny has to empty the cupboards for these type . We will have ruined our prospect pool. I think a Hayes or brassard is needed to stabilize that third line. Backes is an anchor and not producing that's whats holding us to become elite.

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Are you assuming Kuhlman is 3rw or 13th forward? I'm struggling to see us sitting both Backes and Nordstrom so if I'm getting your point, then yes, I upgrade 3RW before Accciari.
Yes, sorry to be unclear, I think Kuhlman gives us a better chance to win than either Backes or Nordstrom so he's my 3rd line RW until something changes.

Just something to think about considering the Bruins are apparently still looking at centers. The other way to think about it is: if you got another center would you play Coyle at 3rd RW or 4th line center? Kuraly-Coyle-Wagner could be dynamite.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Many people here wouldn't touch Evander Kane last year either. He was being benched on a horrible team. He was a cancer who would destroy the chemistry of any team. The Sharks got him for a prospect and a conditional 1st / 2nd. He's been nothing but the perfect power forward for them since, signing an affordable contract there as well (exactly what we're searching for right now).

With guys like Chara, Backes, Bergy, etc, etc - I'm not worried about anyone destroying our team from within...

It's what can happen if you get a player like that on a team with a strong leadership core. Pavelski, Jumbo, Burns, Karlsson etc. A good culture in the room can make all the difference, Bruins are the same, I agree.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The problem Donny has to empty the cupboards for these type . We will have ruined our prospect pool. I think a Hayes or brassard is needed to stabilize that third line. Backes is an anchor and not producing that's whats holding us to become elite.

We already got a 3rd line C.The remaining need is for someone to finish the 2nd line.

I don't see Brassard as a solution to what ails this team. Certainly not as a 3rd liner

Reactions: bbfan419 and TCB

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

The responses are fantastic

D0BIqNHX4AEVtJf.jpg

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Gotta bum rush this deal for Stone. Overwhelm the GM. If Dorian says he is gonna wait and do his due diligence, which he should, of course, go get Hoffman and another D and be done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad