Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals X - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
If we are in on Schenn, what are the chances the home town boy, Frederic, is part of the deal?

Lauko, Vaakanainen and Frederic are my keeps

In actuality I agree with both above. The thing Saxon is that as Sleepy said St.Louis would want Frederic in a trade for Schenn and I guess if the Bruins want to win it in the next 2 years they need a guy like Schenn more than Frederic. If we were rebuilding and looking at Bergy/DK finished then you don't trade Frederic. It feels like they can go for it this year (believe it or not) or next so Schenn is the guy for 2RW/3C. If they do trade him they need to make SURE that Studnicka is the future 1/2 C.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I like Sweeney and think he will pull the trigger when he wants too, and will. Playmakers had said he thought they were weary of dealing them, and I don't think they are but maybe they value them differently then other GMs

I like Sweeney also, but he has me doubting his abilities as a GM. I think he has, over-rated his prospects or counted on them too early and that has cost his ability to make a trade, which ultimately is his duties to rightfully analyze and access his players.

I think he hit the ground running by trading away Looch and Hamilton, which were good deals, but since then he's been evaluating and waiting a little too long for me anyways. I understand with all the injuries, and all its been a tough year so, I'll give him till the deadline, heck Ill even give him through this years draft and the FA period, but if there's no significant move by then, Id say he's more than earned his walking papers.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
he certainly fit in well game 2, period 2 vs Tampa in 2011 and was one of the only forwards to show up 2012 vs the Caps...Shocked his horrible lifestyle didn't affect the team even more.

Lunch pail mentality is what gives you the Hayes for Smith type deals. We have what, 5-6 lunch pail guys in our bottom 6 every night, and where has that gotten us so far?

I like lunch pail guys, but an over abundance of them isn't winning you anything in this recent "new" NHL.

When I hear "lunch pail guys" I think of Wensink, Nowak, and Bobby Schmautz.
They all had a particular attitude, a "get your hands dirty" and "smash 'em up" attitude. Not particularly talented but willing to work their asses off for as long as it takes.
I don't see lunch pail in most of these kids except for maybe Kuraly. Most of these kids seem to
shy away from the "dig down and get your uniform dirty and bloody" hockey that it imply's IMO.

Reactions: TCB and LouJersey

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Thanks. I heard the interview it didn’t come off as Neely railing on Charlie. He was asked a direct question by Felger and he answered. I’m sure it stems from McAvoy actually being late a time or three. In watching Behind-the-B and Road To Winter Classic it seems like his teammates get along great with him.

Which makes me think, McAvoy has been unlucky in regards to his health. We haven’t really experienced the impact a healthy McAvoy will have on this team. I think he’s better than most of us give him credit for.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
he certainly fit in well game 2, period 2 vs Tampa in 2011 and was one of the only forwards to show up 2012 vs the Caps...Shocked his horrible lifestyle didn't affect the team even more.

Lunch pail mentality is what gives you the Hayes for Smith type deals. We have what, 5-6 lunch pail guys in our bottom 6 every night, and where has that gotten us so far?

I like lunch pail guys, but an over abundance of them isn't winning you anything in this recent "new" NHL.

lou, I am not necessarily defending this history... but ive seen it
and im sure you've seen it too

weve gotten to chat in the sim league and I like you... I respect you... you know your stuff

you wouldn't be making these moves weve made... but you aren't really telling me im wrong. im not wrong. the team believes in trading soft skilled players for hardworking plugs and it always has

this is the team that traded shawn MacEachern for trent McCleary. its a philosophy that rares its head on a regular basis for the past 40 years ive been paying attention

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
lou, I am not necessarily defending this history... but ive seen it
and im sure you've seen it too

weve gotten to chat in the sim league and I like you... I respect you... you know your stuff

you wouldn't be making these moves weve made... but you aren't really telling me im wrong. im not wrong. the team believes in trading soft skilled players for hardworking plugs and it always has

this is the team that traded shawn MacEachern for trent McCleary. its a philosophy that rares its head on a regular basis for the past 40 years ive been paying attention

I agree with you, you certainly aren't wrong, I just disagree with the way they think at times

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Yes. I agree those were nice signings, especially Halak but your not going to win by catching a small fish in a big pond, when you need another big fish and you already have a fist full of those small fish in hand already. But those were nice signings.

Although those signings do little to help his prior disastrous signings of Belesky and Backes where he self induced the crippling of his cap room with nearly zero return.

Add to that When Sean Kuraly is your best Trade acquisition in 3+ years and your not any further ahead now than you were then, tells me that he's failing as GM. Considering when he traded Looch and Hamilton he came out and said these picks, are also assets that can be used to improve the bruins down the road. Well that road is getting pretty long.

Why don't you go look at Looch and Dougie's stats and then try saying those trades were actually bad. The pieces he got have done more this season than both of them combined.

You also can't blame DS for Belesky who had a great first year here. Nobody could have predicted what happened to him.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
One line of muckers & grinders is enough.

Acciari
Kuraly
Backes
Wagner
Nordstrom

Pick three and sit the rest. I’d much rather roll with a Heinen-JFK-Donato 3rd line and live with their warts

That kid line would be lucky to see 1 shift in the 3rd period of a close game...if will never happen and that's why you need a more reliable 3rd line center.

Throwing out someone like Schenn or Spezza (just a name) does settle things a lot more.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts

Acciari
Kuraly
Backes
Wagner
Nordstrom

Pick three and sit the rest. I’d much rather roll with a Heinen-JFK-Donato 3rd line and live with their warts

Could not agree with this more.

The frustrating part is that the ‘kid’ line actually looked pretty good together.

Them with Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner is fine by me for the time being.

Cave and Acciari with 2 goals combined for 52 games thus far is wearing thin on me.

Reactions: maxl7 and Baddkarma

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Acciari
Kuraly
Backes
Wagner
Nordstrom

It was funny yesterday to keep hearing Doc and Eddie O refer to the Kuraly line as the 4th line, when the reality was it's the 3rd line. The Cave line was effectively the 4th line.

I think the best we can hope for is 4 out of 5 of these guys each night.

One trend I've noticed this season is the sheer amount of goals league wide scored off the rush. And it's very concerning how much the Bruins struggle to score off the rush outside of the Bergeron line.

We are halfway through the season. For better or worse, it's pretty clear by now the Bruins are going to live and die off their Goaltending, defensive play, and PP scoring. They are unlikely at this point to have more than 5 forwards crack the 10 goal mark. Not sure what choice they have if they are determined to roll out what is effective TWO 4th lines every night.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
It was funny yesterday to keep hearing Doc and Eddie O refer to the Kuraly line as the 4th line, when the reality was it's the 3rd line. The Cave line was effectively the 4th line.

I think the best we can hope for is 4 out of 5 of these guys each night.

One trend I've noticed this season is the sheer amount of goals league wide scored off the rush. And it's very concerning how much the Bruins struggle to score off the rush outside of the Bergeron line.

We are halfway through the season. For better or worse, it's pretty clear by now the Bruins are going to live and die off their Goaltending, defensive play, and PP scoring. They are unlikely at this point to have more than 5 forwards crack the 10 goal mark. Not sure what choice they have if they are determined to roll out what is effective TWO 4th lines every night.

On that note, are there any stats anyone knows off hand comparing PP chances in the playoffs vs. regular season? I feel like they must be fewer historically but maybe that is trending higher in recent years. The root of my question is that the idea our offense is built around 1 line and a good PP scares me. If the PP goes cold, or Krug gets hurt again for example, you're dead in the water.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Room him with Chara or dont let him live on his own for now
or don't let Marchand bust his teammates chops on stupid interview segments.

If this was a real problem there's zero chance Marchand brings it up as comedy fodder. That segment with Haggs is literally the only reason Felger & Mazz even knew about McAvoy being late to anything. It's a f***ing joke. It's not an actual problem.

Reactions: maxl7 and Strafer

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

If this was a real problem there's zero chance Marchand brings it up as comedy fodder. That segment with Haggs is literally the only reason Felger & Mazz even knew about McAvoy being late to anything. It's a ****ing joke. It's not an actual problem.

you're probably reading too much into this, the whole habs team got criticized for having a Christmas party a day before the bruins game a few weeks ago. In fishbowls like Boston and Montreal these things get discussed.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

If this was a real problem there's zero chance Marchand brings it up as comedy fodder. That segment with Haggs is literally the only reason Felger & Mazz even knew about McAvoy being late to anything. It's a ****ing joke. It's not an actual problem.

Well they asked Neely about it yesterday.....and I think the Jacobs as well

And they didn't deny it. Just said there are good vets on the team to show him the ropes..... as well future contract talk has gone stale (Neely), as they need to see more from McAvoy (injury preventing this) before dolling out a fat contract

Reactions: 22Brad Park

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Well they asked Neely about it yesterday.....and I think the Jacobs as well

And they didn't deny it. Just said there are good vets on the team to show him the ropes..... as well future contract talk has gone stale (Neely), as they need to see more from McAvoy (injury preventing this) before dolling out a fat contract

Are you speculating about the contract talks and McAvoy needing to show more?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Disappointing to hear that about McAvoy, but I don’t think there’s anything to worry about.

They didn’t deal Seguin based solely on his attendance issues. He had serious holes in his game, specifically his fear of contact, that made them question what he would become.

Obviously, they were wrong, so wrong that I think they’re now gunshy when it comes to dealing any promising young player. Look at the comments they made about Bjork and Donato... they don’t want to deal anyone that might become good, let alone someone who is already really good.

Seguin went because of a few reasons.1 He was due a new deal and That same playoffs did not score .2 Showed up at hotel drunk during series with leafs wearing same clothes from day before 3 Bruins brass had themselves backed into a corner financially and were quite frankly to many opinions in the room.The Huge blunder there was the return .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad