Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals X - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well, any player over the age of 24/25 has likely peaked in terms of pure scoring efficiency, so none of the players mentioned by people are good targets by that criteria.

A lot of them aren’t signed for multiple years at that dollar value

Are we sure we aren’t judging Saad for what he did a few years ago as opposed to what he is now?

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Ferland seems to have cooled off a lot after having a great first six weeks or so. That trade looks terrible for Carolina imo. Lindholm and Hanafin are excelling in Calgary while Dougie is struggling.

As someone who watches the Canes, Dougie is most certainly not struggling. And Ferland missed a bunch of games with a concussion (then left a game early because he didn't feel right). He's looked good since returning.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
A lot of them aren’t signed for multiple years at that dollar value

Are we sure we aren’t judging Saad for what he did a few years ago as opposed to what he is now?

I'm not even saying that Saad is the guy to get. I'd explore the options for him, but I don't think he's finished and more to the point, I don't trust the average fan to be able to rationally assess and evaluate players on their own team.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Heinen will bounce back. I would keep him. Him scoring 47 points in his second pro season wasnt a fluke. He is totally snake bitten right now. We should be patient. There are other prospects we could use as trade bait.

To be fair, that 47 points in his rookie season is a tale of two seasons. In fact as you look at his NHL career, it appears the beginning of 2018 might be the exception not the rule.

'17/'18: 8 games. 0G/0A/0 Total. Not worth considering. Young player getting his first taste of big leagues.
'18/'19 Pre AS Break: 43 games. 11G/22A/33 Total. Projects to a 63 point season. Excellent. Why we all got so excited.
'18/'19 Post AS Break: 34 games. 5G/9A/14 Total. Projects to 34 point season. Not bad at all. Maybe hitting wall a bit.
'19 playoffs: 9 games. 1G/0A/1 Total. Not good but first playoffs are learning curve, and maybe rookie has really hit wall.
'19/'20 Pre AS Break: 40 Games. 4G/6A/10 Total. Projects to 21 point season. Nothing special and definitely trending in wrong direction.

Now I'm not saying that Heinen is a bum. He does lots of things well on the ice and he obviously cares. This is not an attitude kid. However, defensively responsible kids that project to 27 points over their last 74 regular season games is fine but not anything extraordinary (I ditched playoffs -- let's be fair).

It's why if the B's can move him to get help we need, I don't think it's the end of the world. And, by the way, this is not a stats exercise - this is an eyeball test that rings true.

If Cassidy wants to bench him to get a little more fire/urgency from him so he's closer to Pre All Star Break 2018 Danton as opposed to Post All Star Break 2018 Danton I don't think that's to harsh.

Those first 43 games of last year showed the kid has real promise. Perhaps other teams were caught by surprise? Either way, Danton is not slumping. He's trending kinda into Riley Nash territory. Now Riley Nash is a good guy, and was GREAT for us last year. However, he's not a guy to get concerned about trading and having Blake Wheeler Part Two show up and bite you in the ass.

Something needs to happen with his game soon.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
As someone who watches the Canes, Dougie is most certainly not struggling. And Ferland missed a bunch of games with a concussion (then left a game early because he didn't feel right). He's looked good since returning.
Ferland had 7g, 4a in October. In November he had 4g, no assists. 12 games played both months. Since November he has 1g, 3a in 10 games. Hes definitely slowed down.

As for Hamilton, he's capable of being great but he's on pace for 28 points right now versus the 44 he had last year and 50 the year before. He's also a minus 14 but I'm assuming he usually plays against the top lines and plus/minus is kind of a crap stat anyhow. Saying he's struggling might not be fair but he doesn't seem to be excelling. I've also read this week that canes are shopping him and leafs are interested. Not sure if there's any truth to that tho.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
While I "liked'' this I doubt it ever happens. It's fantasy but: If Sweeney is going to swing for the fences I want Stone. He and Taylor Hall would be two players that would have their numbers hanging in the rafters in 25 years IMO.

Getting players like ^^^ these two would be legendary moves that would put Sweeney in elite company when talking about managerial moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad