Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals X - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Frederic and either a 1st or Vaakanainen.

They gave up a roster player and two 1st round picks to get him, I would think they're going to want to get close to that back.
I think the Bruins should do that deal, Frederic & Vaakanainen. I think Studnicka has a higher ceiling than Frederic so I would like the Bruins to keep him. Schenn is I think what we hope Frederic to be so the Bruins get the finished product that is in his prime, and the Blues get the younger version that is also from St. Louis. Bruins also get to keep their 1st in what I think, if I am wrong let me know, is to be a center heavy draft so they can fill the void Frederic will leave.

If you asked me in the offseason if I would be okay with the Bruins dealing Vaakanainen, I would have said no. However, with the emergence of Grzelcyk and Lauzon, I think the Bruins can afford to move Vaakanainen.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wild need a defenseman....we have bunches....

Zboril and Heinen for Mikael Granlund

Came in here to ask about JFK, Studnicka and Frederic. Wish I didn't see this.

Anyway, those three guys, how do you rate/rank them, and what do you see them realistically ending up as? 2nd liners? 3rd? 40, 50, 60 points?

Reactions: veganbruin

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Wild need a defenseman....we have bunches....

Zboril and Heinen for Mikael Granlund
If the Wild need defensemen, it's NHL defensemen, not prospects. They're in a playoff race. They're not going to weaken their team by dealing a roster player for a prospect.

If you want Granlund or Nino or Coyle then I think we have to give up Gryz+.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
If the Wild need defensemen, it's NHL defensemen, not prospects. They're in a playoff race. They're not going to weaken their team by dealing a roster player for a prospect.

Done!

Last edited by a moderator:

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Anyway, those three guys, how do you rate/rank them, and what do you see them realistically ending up as? 2nd liners? 3rd? 40, 50, 60 points?
I am sure other posters are able to provide more concise and accurate projections based on following the NCAA, OHL, and Providence much more than I have, but I'll give it a go.

3. JFK - I forgot who, but someone here, @neelynugs ?, brought up Riley Nash as a comparable, which I think can be a good comparable given from what I've seen from him this season. He's a smart two-way player that can play in all situations. I can see him as a middle 6 center that is good for around 40ish points depending on who he is playing with. He's that jack of all trades kind of player that should be able to move up in the lineup if need be. Realistically, I see him as a being a #3C on a cup contender.

2. Frederic - I think the Backes comparable is spot on. He uses his size well and has a knack for going to the net. Two-way, hard-nosed center that will stick up for his teammates. Middle 6 probably good for scoring in the 40s to 50s.

1. Studnicka - I think he is much more skillful than the other two, and I think he has the most potential of all 3. If he puts everything together, I think he has the potential of becoming a #1C but being a #2C is much more realistic. Top 6 and I think he has the potential of scoring in the 50s to 60s.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I am sure other posters are able to provide more concise and accurate projections based on following the NCAA, OHL, and Providence much more than I have, but I'll give it a go.

3. JFK - I forgot who, but someone here, @neelynugs ?, brought up Riley Nash as a comparable, which I think can be a good comparable given from what I've seen from him this season. He's a smart two-way player that can play in all situations. I can see him as a middle 6 center that is good for around 40ish points depending on who he is playing with. He's that jack of all trades kind of player that should be able to move up in the lineup if need be. Realistically, I see him as a being a #3C on a cup contender.

2. Frederic - I think the Backes comparable is spot on. He uses his size well and has a knack of going to the net. Two-way, hard-nosed center that will stick up for his teammates. Middle 6 probably good for scoring in the 40s to 50s.

1. Studnicka - I think he is much more skillful than the other two, and I think he has the most potential of all 3. If he puts everything together, I think he has the potential of becoming a #1C but being a #2C is much more realistic. Top 6 and I think he has the potential of scoring in the 50s to 60s.

The Wild don't need defensemen and trading our forwards for defensemen is the last thing we should be doing, unless we also have deals in place to then trade defensemen for more scoring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The Wild don't need defensemen and trading our forwards for defensemen is the last thing we should be doing, unless we also have deals in place to then trade defensemen for more scoring.

Who said that we should be trading forwards for defensemen?:huh::confused:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
What kind of deal do you think lands Schenn?

Frederic and either a 1st or Vaakanainen.

They gave up a roster player and two 1st round picks to get him, I would think they're going to want to get close to that back.

But don't forget that St. Louis also got to dump the last 2 years of Jori Lehtera's awful contract ( $4.7 million salary cap hit ) on Philly.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'm more interested in the cost of Tarasenko to be the 2nd line RW with Krejci and DeBrusk.
Would want DeBrusk or McAvoy back as part of package if we dealt you Tarasenko. He is our franchise player and need someone we think has star potential for him (or Petro). I expect Schenn gets moved and Petro wouldn't surprise me, but I doubt Tarasenko gets moved.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Would want DeBrusk or McAvoy back as part of package if we dealt you Tarasenko. He is our franchise player and need someone we think has star potential for him (or Petro). I expect Schenn gets moved and Petro wouldn't surprise me, but I doubt Tarasenko gets moved.

Fair enough and figured as much. I also think it's doubtful he gets moved but the gaping terrible hole in the 2nd line only gets more magnified each time they try and put capable 3rd liners into that spot instead of letting them develop together as...3rd liners.

I'm not sold at all on Schenn suddenly fixing the terrible 5 on 5 scoring woes by bolstering a 3rd line when a 2nd one can't even step up.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

And thanks for the insight and response!

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
cant trade vaak as a throw in for anything less than a impact player with term

id probably put studnicka into the same breath

schenn was dealt for a late first and a cap dump... plus a conditional pick

would we take a late first or a conditional for either vaak or studnicka straight up?

schenn for backes, a first {which would be a better first} and a warm body like Bjork maybe?

schenn has less term... is closer to a big contract... his value wont be any higher.

I don't mind the idea of the trade... if we move backes in this deal and then move krejci in the offseason... go with schenn as our second line center while we retool cheaper/younger

its not the worst ideas I could imagine... but giving up our blue chip prospects for this guy is NOT the answer

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Personally for me it’s Studnicka, JFK, frederic in that order. Some fans are higher on frederic, but I still see his lack of speed and edging being an issue at the nhl level.

Studnicka has the highest ceiling, wouldn’t be surprised if he was a fringe 1st/2nd line center. JFK will probably be the best two way player out of that group and most likely a 2nd line center and frederic could be anywhere from a 2nd to 3rd line center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad