Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals X - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Personally for me it’s Studnicka, JFK, frederic in that order. Some fans are higher on frederic, but I still see his lack of speed and edging being an issue at the nhl level.

Studnicka has the highest ceiling, wouldn’t be surprised if he was a fringe 1st/2nd line center. JFK will probably be the best two way player out of that group and most likely a 2nd line center and frederic could be anywhere from a 2nd to 3rd line center.

its going to come down to which kid has the hunger... the intangibles... the fight

in terms of raw talent none of these guys make the top 50/or even top 100 prospect lists for most talent evaluators. these talent evalurators and their lists are based on what would be considered tools

our kids don't have the tools that scream superstar

we have some second round or late first round picks here... so they do have some talents/tools/reasons for optimism. a team doesn't spend second round picks on players they don't think have a chance

Bergeron and krejci were second round picks.

weve seen jfk in his development show signs that he might not battle/war consistently. he was drafted mostly because of his hockey sense. it was thought he could become a Bergeron. Bergeron wars/battles almost every shift. if jfk can buckle down and get hungry enough to put out effort every shift he still has a chance. even if he doesn't do this, he might bounce around for awhile as a smart guy that doesn't hurt you a lot

federic… is a big guy. I don't know a lot about federic. I do know hockey minds believe big guys take longer. big guys are considered projects. federic was considered a project the day we drafted him. hes still a project today. sometimes big guys become the next ryan getzlef. sometimes they become the next paul gaustaud. sometimes they become nothing. when a big guy pays off... he is often very valuable. if federic pays off we will have something valuable to be happy about

studnicka… I don't know about about. he has more raw tools/offensive skills that impress people. sometimes these type of guys don't need to work as hard to be useful. im hoping he will work harder than ryan spooner or alexander khoklachev worked. the bruin braintrust usually doesn't let these type of players make the team unless they learn to work harder on a consistent level

we have 3 guys with a chance to make it between 50-80% maybe? will all 3 make it? probably not... but will all 3 fail? probably not

do we need more success than vladamir sobotka and kevyn adams gave us in order to be happy? would that be success?

will any of these guys be good enough to work into the top 6?

time will answer most questions

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lauko
Donato
Heinen
Frederic
Senyshn
Studnicka
Bjork
Chelarik
Cave
JFK

Are all these guys locks for roster spots soon? Sweeney should know more or less which of these kids are keepers. What is his plan for the rest of them? How does keeping them in the Organization affect their value?

To see to the end who's going to make it and by that destroying their value completely, meaning none of them can be real assets on bigger trades.

C'moon Sweeney go get that top6 level player.
During Winter Classic game our Finnish TV guy was talking how the management feels they are a contender, but I can't seriously say a 1 line team is a contender.

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Prospects I don't want too see the Bruins deal unless its for a player the caliber of Tarsenko.

Are the top two picks in the 2017 draft Studnicka and Vaak. The prospects who I feel are most like to be dealt are Fitzgerald, Cehlarik, Bjork, Lauzon and Zboril.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
As a Blues fan, I would think package of Heinen, Studnicka, and either Zboril or Vaak could be enticing.
I think that's too much.

STL gave up two 1st round picks and a cap dump for Schenn when he had 2.5 years left on his contract. You can't expect to get more than that now that he has 1.5 years left. In your proposal, you're essentially asking for 2 firsts plus a good young player.

Earlier in the thread I offered Vaak and Frederic. That's essentially two first round picks and many here value Studnicka above Frederic. If it were me, I'd also ask the Blues to take Backes back as part of that deal, just like STL asked Philly to take Lehtera.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Prospects I don't want too see the Bruins deal unless its for a player the caliber of Tarsenko.

Are the top two picks in the 2017 draft Studnicka and Vaak. The prospects who I feel are most like to be dealt are Fitzgerald, Cehlarik, Bjork, Lauzon and Zboril.

People here say the Rangers have nothing of value to offer for McAvoy even though their top prospects are better than ours, so I don't expect to get much for any of those guys if we were to offer them. Bjork and Lauzon should fetch something nice I would think, but would be hesitant to trade either.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
You don't think someone would pay a mid-round pick for him?
I don't know. Maroon only fetched a 3rd round pick at last year's deadline when he was on pace for 20 goals and 40 points (and coming off a 27 goal season). Now he's on pace for 7 goals, coming off a 17 goal season.

Edit: Maybe you could get Chiarelli to take a chance on him? He seems to be throwing all sorts of crap at the wall, hoping something will stick. Maroon had his best years in Edmonton and PC loves "heavy."

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I think that's too much.

STL gave up two 1st round picks and a cap dump for Schenn when he had 2.5 years left on his contract. You can't expect to get more than that now that he has 1.5 years left. In your proposal, you're essentially asking for 2 firsts plus a good young player.

Earlier in the thread I offered Vaak and Frederic. That's essentially two first round picks and many here value Studnicka above Frederic. If it were me, I'd also ask the Blues to take Backes back as part of that deal, just like STL asked Philly to take Lehtera.

Heinen, Zboril and Studnicka would be a steal for the Bruins if Tarasenko was coming back.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
People here say the Rangers have nothing of value to offer for McAvoy even though their top prospects are better than ours, so I don't expect to get much for any of those guys if we were to offer them. Bjork and Lauzon should fetch something nice I would think, but would be hesitant to trade either.

Lauzon is interesting.

I think a lot of teams will have interest in him. He's big and strong and looked good in his short stint with the Bruins. I would rather see the bruins keep him because he's one of the prospects who I feel is a sure fire NHLer but given the B's depth they can afford to move a defenseman, I'd prefer-it be Zboril but I don't think he'll bring back a nice return unless he's part of an add on.

Bjork, I would like too see him stick around as well, but I wonder about the Bruins. He's suffered a few injuries when given the chance and I' like to see him get another one but Im feeling the bruins would deal him at this point and you gatta give to get.

I'm a Cehlarik fan and feel he could be a 15-20 goal scorer in the NHL under the right circumstance but I don't feel the Bruins do and it maybe time they move him and give him an opportunity elsewhere. Fitz is a guy, who I see as other teams will want. He's a safe player who' could be a real good 3/4th liner and should come somewhat cheap.

Current Bruins on the big team. Heinen by far leads the way and I can see Grizz, but only because a lot of teams will have interest in him and given the Bruins depth he might be expendable, but I'd think only if its for a bigger deal involving Taresanko/ Duchene like return.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Pass on both for me.

Really? I'd give up Heinen right now just to have Backes off the books. So then I'm trading Frederic, Vaak and a 1st for Taraensko? I do that all day. Tarasenko is an elite scorer...I don't think you get him for that package, let alone pass on it.

Reactions: Silva

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Really? I'd give up Heinen right now just to have Backes off the books. So then I'm trading Frederic, Vaak and a 1st for Taraensko? I do that all day. Tarasenko is an elite scorer...I don't think you get him for that package, let alone pass on it.

I would send half the roster outside the top 5 forwards for Tarasenko.

Reactions: Silva

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I would send half the roster outside the top 5 forwards for Tarasenko.
Yeah I dont think you get Tarasenko without giving up one of McAvoy, DeBrusk or Carlo, with other pieces as needed. Obviously you can't give up McAvoy, but if Carlo or DeBrusk is a must I think you have to do it. Nevertheless that's fantasy land...not gonna happen.

Schenn, also likely fantasy land, seems more like the kind of guy who'd help 'enough' from management's eyes and wouldn't kill the Bruins in terms of talent lost to get him.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Heading into the winter classic the Bruins weren't a playoff team - taking injuries and vet windows into consideration, is this really a team that should be mortgaging the future?

I'm not sure.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Heading into the winter classic the Bruins weren't a playoff team - taking injuries and vet windows into consideration, is this really a team that should be mortgaging the future?

I'm not sure.
What do you mean? They’ve been in the wild-card spot all season, which is pretty impressive considering the amount of injuries they’ve had to deal with. And with the win in the Winter classic they bumped buffalo out of the top three.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
What do you mean? They’ve been in the wild-card spot all season, which is pretty impressive considering the amount of injuries they’ve had to deal with. And with the win in the Winter classic they bumped buffalo out of the top three.

They were on the outside looking in on account of the Islander win heading into the WC. Larger point is they're clearly bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad