Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals - VII - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I’m not opposed to it or overly for it. He seems like a complimentary piece. but would he get the Jimmy Hayes treatment? I’m guessing so.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yeah Coyle still would make for a good depth RW addition, at 26y he could have a longterm future on the Bruins, and cheap for the next 1 1/2 years.

I don't want any expensive old rentals, just players who could have a longtemr future on the Bruins, and a good one.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
It always depends on price, but I would take Coyle in a heartbeat. Not fair to compare him to Jimmy Hayes IMO. Jimmy Hayes was able to ride a semi-decent season at the age of 24/25 into a contract. He's never been good. Coyle broke in at 20 and has been a productive player on a playoff team for 6 or 7 years. He's a proven middle-6'er. The type of depth I think this team needs right now IMO.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Nibbling around the edges. Fine upgrade on some of the lesser guys here but this isn’t nearly enough.

At some point I believe they will need to move some real talent to acquire some high end talent. Coyle is far from that guy.

Reactions: TCB and PlayMakers

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Nibbling around the edges. Fine upgrade on some of the lesser guys here but this isn’t nearly enough.

At some point I believe they will need to move some real talent to acquire some high end talent. Coyle is far from that guy.

Coyle is a “nice” player, but when Heinen is going good, don’t think he’s as good.

Now if you want to add one of:

Saad/Schenn/Toffoli

And then add Coyle to play with a guy like Heinen on the 3rd line, I would be for that.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Pierre LeBrun just said that he believes the Bruins have been talking to the Wild about Charlie Coyle, makes a lot of sense for the Bruins. He didn't say what the Wild were looking for in return.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Coyle with a goal and a +2 on the night

Not a good night for faceoffs though

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Pierre LeBrun just said that he believes the Bruins have been talking to the Wild about Charlie Coyle, makes a lot of sense for the Bruins. He didn't say what the Wild were looking for in return.

Guessing a fwd and D prospect

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Heard they are looking for a center. They already have a strong d corps.

Then JFK + Donato or Bjork is probably what it takes. They could get greedy and instead of Donato or Bjork seek Heinen

I can't see a huge urgency to trade Coyle but a little overpay and they will budge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad