Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well........Donnie is obviously trying to do both.

He appears to be and it isn't an impossible task either. Successful long-term franchises like Detroit for example in past eras did just this. I'd prefer to hang on to the picks unless it becomes completely obvious that a move needs to be made that surrenders something valuable in the draft to come. Right now we are not in that place. Your point about the New Year, with Nordstrom doing the 3c job so long as he continues to play as he is, is dead-on. That's the earliest we ought to think about any moves that surrenders picks in what should be a deep draft. Of course if the wheels come completely off before then, well then, something might need to be done.

Reactions: Strafer and HustleB

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Well........Donnie is obviously trying to do both.
Not so obvious to this observer. What's obvious is that he is playing and developing talent here and in Providence.

What I don't see is that he's doing anything at this point to address the 3C situation. Unless, of course, you think Nordstrom is going to lead his line into the playoffs and beyond. Of that I'm doubtful. That's why I suggested offer sheeting Nylander. We keep our prospects while surrendering draft picks.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Not so obvious to this observer. What's obvious is that he is playing and developing talent here and in Providence.

What I don't see is that he's doing anything at this point to address the 3C situation. Unless, of course, you think Nordstrom is going to lead his line into the playoffs and beyond. Of that I'm doubtful. That's why I suggested offer sheeting Nylander. We keep our prospects while surrendering draft picks.

He's trying.

We don't always see it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

My observation is they got their second and third line long term centers in Studnicka and Frederic maybe as soon as next year ON the roster- not necessarily in those spots

JFK I’m still hopeful

It’s October and if I’m GM and i certainly would be great at it I would proceed as is for now and assess organizationally and league wide Thanksgiving st the 1/3 mark

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I can only go by what I see and what's reported in the media to form my opinions.

I realize you have insight into other sources that we don't.

That's the thing though.... Just because you don't hear a rumor doesn't mean he's not trying. He's not sitting on his thumbs during the season :laugh:.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
My observation is they got their second and third line long term centers in Studnicka and Frederic maybe as soon as next year ON the roster- not necessarily in those spots

JFK I’m still hopeful

It’s October and if I’m GM and i certainly would be great at it I would proceed as is for now and assess organizationally and league wide Thanksgiving st the 1/3 mark
What is the deal with JFK anyway? I never get to see Providence games but from what I’ve seen in his limited time in the NHL is he looks....overwhelmed?

Can he play the wing? We’ve seen plenty of centres start their careers on the wall and then move to the middle with some success.

As for the Rask trade people... easy now. I don’t know if Cassidy actually likes him or not (seems indifferent to his existence frankly) but Halak isn’t exactly a spring chicken any more. We’ve seen him on his cold streaks before. They aren’t pretty.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
I would trade Pastrnak to Philly for Patrick and Konecny, or Patrick and Voracek.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I love the guy, but he'd be a rental and won't come cheap. He has hard miles on his body and I just can't see it being wise to re-sign him after fails like Backes and Beleskey (both results from injuries).

That is fair enough but he sure has looked good in spite of playing on a bad team.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

JFK I’m still hopeful

Fair enough but then what happens if he sits tight through the holidays? Then we get to the trade deadline and the excuse is “big trades are too hard with so little time”, or “prices are too high with so many teams looking”.

I would like to see him more aggressive on the trade front. You can’t play the wait and see game forever. Go hard after a quality player now before other teams are active. You can’t willingly let another year of Chara, Bergy et al go by in the name of “we have our future 2nd and 3rd line centers in the organization”. That seems ludicrous to me. It’s not about the future all the time...sometimes it’s about today.

Reactions: Strafer

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
People in here clamoring for a trade and yet the team is 6-2-2 and should have 7 or 8 wins depending on you view a couple of those Western Canada games. I know, that wasn't the iron of the league, so to speak, but isn't like we are in the lottery zone and need something drastic to salvage the season already. The 3c spot is long-term a potential concern and maybe requires a trade, and a scoring RW might also be the same, but we could at least give it a few more weeks and see how we stack up against the TBs and Washingtons of the league first.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
People in here clamoring for a trade and yet the team is 6-2-2 and should have 7 or 8 wins depending on you view a couple of those Western Canada games. I know, that wasn't the iron of the league, so to speak, but isn't like we are in the lottery zone and need something drastic to salvage the season already. The 3c spot is long-term a potential concern and maybe requires a trade, and a scoring RW might also be the same, but we could at least give it a few more weeks and see how we stack up against the TBs and Washingtons of the league first.

Sweeney is in no hurry or especially in a panic mode. With the Bruins winning games and continuing to get sellouts at home. The only way Sweeney pulls out a deal now is if someone comes a calling and over-pays or the right deal happens.

However he knows the weaknesses and that this team as currently made-up, wont go far in the playoffs with-out adding more scoring depth up front.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
However he knows the weaknesses and that this team as currently made-up, wont go far in the playoffs with-out adding more scoring depth up front.

I would alter that to say as it is currently playing? If one of Bjork or Donato or even Heinen finds some serious scoring touch as the season progresses then we are in better shape. All three at least have the potential to do it, so we are in better shape for a wait and see strategy.

Reactions: HustleB and TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I would alter that to say as it is currently playing? If one of Bjork or Donato or even Heinen finds some serious scoring touch as the season progresses then we are in better shape. All three at least have the potential to do it, so we are in better shape for a wait and see strategy.

Without question and with the depth and talent in the back-end If one of those players step up, Sweeney would diffidently have the ammo to bring in a legit superstar, to make the Bruins as much as a SC favorite as any team out there.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

We already saw it vs Tampa in playoffs.This team wants a serious shot they need some more muscle up front.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
People in here watched a deeper and more cohesive version of this team last year barely beat the Maple Leafs and then get curbstomped by the Lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad