Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Lol I'm just furious with rask. Guys face it we ain't winning with him. We can all agree on that. I'm not a general manager but I do but stocks and if a player is like a stock rask is pointing only one way down. Sell and get something for it before it delists.

Then do the homework. Stop the rants.
Just like stock. Do the homework.
Who, why, whats the cap implications, whats replacement cost of other players, what does the new lineup look like.

No different than managing a portfolio. Players are assets. No more no less.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Lol I'm just furious with rask. Guys face it we ain't winning with him. We can all agree on that. I'm not a general manager but I do buy stocks and if a player is like a stock rask is pointing only one way down. Sell and get something for it before it delists.

No we can't lol. When Rask is on, he's one of the best in the NHL. He historically (and his split show it) starts out slow.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
No we can't lol. When Rask is on, he's one of the best in the NHL. He historically (and his split show it) starts out slow.
That's why I'm not so quick to want him traded. Goalies go through hot and cold streaks, and as you mention Tuukka is a slow starter. Halak is looking great now, but there's still most of the season to be played. What happens when he reverts back to closer to his normal career numbers, or even goes into a slump? You trade Rask and bring in some mediocre backup and you will have a huge issue come the playoffs if Halak isn't playing above his career norm. Last year Rask went on a 19-0-2 stretch and finished 7th in the Vezina voting despite a slow start. No need to panic at this point in the season and trade away a player who is part of a team strength. The goalie situation is going to be fine. No need to mess with it.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
So Rask is terrible, but some team is going to trade us a good young forward for him? Classic HF logic

Rask isn't awful and his stats have been in line for his career I'll be surprised if his stats aren't decent come December. A team with no goalie would be interested the term on his contract is pretty much ideal. Goalies don't get traded for much so I'm sure something would be added and the move would be good for both teams. Mentally hes probably one of the athletes who would benefit from a trade lots of them do it obviously hasn't happened since we are in the NMC era though. Could be a trade that we clearly lose down the road like Kelly for Wheeler if the guys we add do well. But I'd love one more really good player and I don't think it would be hard to find a better backup than Zane we could possibly end up with another Halak *or Thomas) and the position would carry a cap hit of 3 or 4 mil total. Anyone good has a cap hit around Rasks so he'd likely need to be in it to make the salaries work.

Not trading him for cap space and a crappy pick at this point. If hes healthy we'll always be able to make a trade like that as I said the term is perfect to another team and isn't too risky like trading for Carey Price would be if they are looking for a new #1.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
im a big time rask fan but there might be a trade that makes sense for us... Columbus is having all sorts of problems with bobrovsky. my personal opinion is rask is better and signed longer but that just means we should be able to ask for more...

my proposal then
rask
for
bobrovsky
and riley nash 1/2 retained {making him cost 1.375 for next 3 years as a c/rw bottom 6 guy who weve seen play fairly decent with marchand/pastrnak

we put bobrovsky through a trial by fire this year and see if we want to resign him or not... vlader is getting a chance to grow in providence and might be ready to challenge for halaks backup job next year. maybe we don't need any 7 million dollar goalies?

who knows... maybe bobrovsky signs for less if he thinks he can win a cup with us?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Would you offer a fifth round pick to EDM for Zack Kassian with two years remaining at 2m per?

that contract is too much for what limited help kassian offers. he takes at least 50% of games off and is not nearly talented enough to be a non factor that often. only way we could possibly take him on is to send money back

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
im a big time rask fan but there might be a trade that makes sense for us... Columbus is having all sorts of problems with bobrovsky. my personal opinion is rask is better and signed longer but that just means we should be able to ask for more...

my proposal then
rask
for
bobrovsky
and riley nash 1/2 retained {making him cost 1.375 for next 3 years as a c/rw bottom 6 guy who weve seen play fairly decent with marchand/pastrnak

we put bobrovsky through a trial by fire this year and see if we want to resign him or not... vlader is getting a chance to grow in providence and might be ready to challenge for halaks backup job next year. maybe we don't need any 7 million dollar goalies?

who knows... maybe bobrovsky signs for less if he thinks he can win a cup with us?

So you think Rask is better but the addition that puts the trade over the edge is Riley Nash retained 50%?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Lol I'm just furious with rask. Guys face it we ain't winning with him. We can all agree on that. I'm not a general manager but I do buy stocks and if a player is like a stock rask is pointing only one way down. Sell and get something for it before it delists.

So why would anyone else trade for him if he's so bad. Do you think you see this happening and no one else in the league does? This is beyond stupid

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
So you think Rask is better but the addition that puts the trade over the edge is Riley Nash retained 50%?

or the salary cap freed up moving on from a 7 mill goalie we aren't sure can win the big games?

when I say I think rask is better... I guess im saying I don't think bobrovsky would be a savior either but at least we are only committed to him 1 season. he gets his chance to prove he can win. if he wins, then I change my mind.

im just not convinced spending 7 mill a year on a guy that hasn't won anything is the right choice to make. I mean there always seems to be a guy you can get for a year or two if you are willing to pay. and very few goalies are good year after year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad