Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I think Miller is a very solid bottom pairing defenseman. I'd view him as a quality #5. He's a guy who can move up if need be, but not someone you want there permanently. He has gotten better every year, and really took off once he took a step forward with his skating. I'll need to see a lot more from Lauzon in one game before I start saying he could be a threat to Miller. Lauzon did look very good last night though. I hope he gets more minutes next game; only played 11ish.

That is very fair.Miller has improved every year for sure but some people view players differently.Were all going to have to wait and watch how it plays out.Myself I think the idea should be to push guys and force them to hang onto their jobs.Will be tough decisions looming if this kid can show he is ready.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Would love to try and pry a guy like Rakell away from the Ducks, but I imagine he's as untouchable as they come on that team. back to back 30 goal scorer with 3 years left (after this season) at $3.8 million. Plays all 3 forward positions and can play all situations...he's a Bruins fans wet dream.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Before you come up with proposals, first you determine what team needs. What the B’s need depends on your POV of the team.

1) They need a Top 6 RW AND a 3rd line center to compete for an EC title and a SC.

2) The 2nd line will be fine with some combo of 74, 43, 10, 17 on the wings with Krejci, but they do need a 3rd line C.

3) They need a legit 2nd line RW, which would move Heinen down to the 3rd line and we can get away with Nordstrom, Kuraly or Frederic in that 3C spot.

4) The team is winning as currently constructed and will be a contender with the young wings in the Top 6 and 20, 52, T-Fred in the 3C spot.

4a) Same as above for the time being, but we will have to check back after 20-25 games.

Right now, I’m leaning towards Option 2, but before they make any deals, I would like to see what Frederic looks like at the 3C.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Would love to try and pry a guy like Rakell away from the Ducks, but I imagine he's as untouchable as they come on that team. back to back 30 goal scorer with 3 years left (after this season) at $3.8 million. Plays all 3 forward positions and can play all situations...he's a Bruins fans wet dream.

I mentioned him and Toffoli in the old thread right before it was closed.

Silfverberg is another guy I have always liked. He’s in the last year of his deal, so he would be cheaper than Rakell or Toffoli. He’s on IR with a broken finger, but won’t be out long and started the season strong (3g/4a in 6 games).

If ANA is looking to shake things up, he’s a guy I ask about.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Before you come up with proposals, first you determine what team needs. What the B’s need depends on your POV of the team.

1) They need a Top 6 RW AND a 3rd line center to compete for an EC title and a SC.

2) The 2nd line will be fine with some combo of 74, 43, 10, 17 on the wings with Krejci, but they do need a 3rd line C.

3) They need a legit 2nd line RW, which would move Heinen down to the 3rd line and we can get away with Nordstrom, Kuraly or Frederic in that 3C spot.

4) The team is winning as currently constructed and will be a contender with the young wings in the Top 6 and 20, 52, T-Fred in the 3C spot.

4a) Same as above for the time being, but we will have to check back after 20-25 games.

Right now, I’m leaning towards Option 2, but before they make any deals, I would like to see what Frederic looks like at the 3C.

I read an article today that showed Bruins first line plays like 25.8% of the game 5vs 5 and Bruins 2nd line was at like 9.8 % The Leafs top two lines 5vs 5 were 26.6 % and 2nd line 19.8% That means Leafs have better scoring on the ice more often while Bruins are rolling 3rd and 4th lines more 5vs 5.Will this help keep Bruins fresher down the stretch ?As for your post I prefer option 3.Load up the 2nd line to and bump Heinen to 3rd line.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa

I agree with your assessment, I think Frederic could solidify the 3rd line C, he would probably look better there after half a season in Providence, but if he can't that is definitely the position that needs filling. I like the 2nd line as constructed and think it should be kept together for now. I think we need a winger for the 3rd line as well right now, but I think that is a position that will sort itself out as the season goes on by someone like Donato or Cehlarik or even Fitzgerald. I could also see Frederic working as a 3rd line winger this year to add some size and develop his game in a lower responsibility role.

Ultimately I think we need an upgrade to our 3rd line, but I'm not convinced we don't already have that solution in house. If we do need to chase a high end forward I think Krug is the best asset to use for the purpose.

Reactions: HustleB and Strafer

False Start

May 8, 2018
Columbus just re-signed Wennberg to an extension and he's in his 2nd year of it. He's signed to a really team friendly cap hit of 4.9M AAV over that as well. He's a young and talented center as you know. Not seeing why they would deal him.

Health issues, and lack of production.

We can certainly entice them with a package of stud prospects.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

I agree with most of this, but right now the team is winning games against Philly, Edmonton, Detroit, Ottawa x2 & Buffalo - I would like to see them face teams that are expected to be the top dogs this year.

I'd like to see them get a 2 RW & solid 3C we well, though.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
We are not getting a high end 3rd line center that is going to be happy with those minutes and no power play time. We have to accept that Nordy is it and he has been good or look for a guy like him at his cap hit.

I know one thing he makes Bjork skate and play at a higher pace. If they break even then that line is doing the job. Helping Bjork has made that line better.

The way the kids come up and play, I am not sure I want to part with many prospects before seeing them for a quick fix on the 3rd.

No need to to bring in a guy that will block Frederic next year, stay in house and stay the path. Whoever they bring in will not come here for a year and he will cost us. Everyone knows next year it is one of the kids at center, other players in the league will know that too. They will ask the agent how is the outlook there.

Let the lines get some chemistry, eventually move Donato back to the 3rd, move out Acciari and if Backes is ok put him on the 4th were he can run out his time here. They both can leave next year, we have better options.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
We are not getting a high end 3rd line center that is going to be happy with those minutes and no power play time. We have to accept that Nordy is it and he has been good or look for a guy like him at his cap hit.

I know one thing he makes Bjork skate and play at a higher pace. If they break even then that line is doing the job. Helping Bjork has made that line better.

The way the kids come up and play, I am not sure I want to part with many prospects before seeing them for a quick fix on the 3rd.

No need to to bring in a guy that will block Frederic next year, stay in house and stay the path. Whoever they bring in will not come here for a year and he will cost us. Everyone knows next year it is one of the kids at center, other players in the league will know that too. They will ask the agent how is the outlook there.

Let the lines get some chemistry, eventually move Donato back to the 3rd, move out Acciari and if Backes is ok put him on the 4th were he can run out his time here. They both can leave next year, we have better options.

See now your back to the same issue though.Stay in house means waiting till they mature which takes a couple years etc which burns Bergeron remaining years.They are either in this to win now or in this to build and win down the road .Slippery slope trying to do both at same time.And what does Backes make?6 million or bit less to play 4th line.That will make Sweeney look real bad so I do not see that taking place.Anyways I am wrong alot just my 2 cents

Reactions: Strafer

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I mentioned him and Toffoli in the old thread right before it was closed.

Silfverberg is another guy I have always liked. He’s in the last year of his deal, so he would be cheaper than Rakell or Toffoli. He’s on IR with a broken finger, but won’t be out long and started the season strong (3g/4a in 6 games).

If ANA is looking to shake things up, he’s a guy I ask about.

Problem is that the Ducks need offense way way way more than the Bruins. Don't see a match.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I agree with most of this, but right now the team is winning games against Philly, Edmonton, Detroit, Ottawa x2 & Buffalo - I would like to see them face teams that are expected to be the top dogs this year.

I'd like to see them get a 2 RW & solid 3C we well, though.

I hear ya, but they can only play the schedule they are given. They have pretty much taken care of business so far (6-2-2 and tied for first). In the next month they play Nashville twice, Vegas, Dallas, and Toronto (as well as Montreal), so maybe we will have a better idea of what they are by Thanksgiving.

As I said, I’m ok with the 2nd line (43, 46, 74) as constituted and would like to see them build on their chemistry. I do think Frederic would be best served in PRO for a year, but maybe he steps up.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I hear ya, but they can only play the schedule they are given. They have pretty much taken care of business so far (6-2-2 and tied for first). In the next month they play Nashville twice, Vegas, Dallas, and Toronto (as well as Montreal), so maybe we will have a better idea of what they are by Thanksgiving.

As I said, I’m ok with the 2nd line (43, 46, 74) as constituted and would like to see them build on their chemistry. I do think Frederic would be best served in PRO for a year, but maybe he steps up.
Totally.

43-46-74 have looked pretty good since Heinen had a seat upstairs. I'm cool with them rolling with that line for a while, that's for sure.

3rd line is absolute balls, though.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
What about Detroit?

To Boston:
C - Andreas Athanasiou
W - Tyler Bertuzzi

To Detroit:
????

Andreas Athanasiou doesn't seem much of a center. He has a 41 FOW% for his career. I wouldn't mind this package, but it wouldn't be made that he's playing center. At least not until he improves.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Totally.

43-46-74 have looked pretty good since Heinen had a seat upstairs. I'm cool with them rolling with that line for a while, that's for sure.

3rd line is absolute balls, though.

I like Nordstrom a lot more than I thought I would, but I think the team would be better with him on the 4th line.

20-52-14

I’m guessing that Bjork and whatever other wing is on that 3rd line would probably look a lot better/different with a legit 2 way center that provides some O.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Andreas Athanasiou doesn't seem much of a center. He has a 41 FOW% for his career. I wouldn't mind this package, but it wouldn't be made that he's playing center. At least not until he improves.
Well, you have one of the best teachers in the game who can help him with the faceoffs, that's for sure.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I like Nordstrom a lot more than I thought I would, but I think the team would be better with him on the 4th line.

20-52-14

I’m guessing that Bjork and whatever other wing is on that 3rd line would probably look a lot better/different with a legit 2 way center that provides some O.
I too like Nordstrom, very much like his hustle game, that's for sure. 20 - 52 - 14 is also my ideal 4th line going forward with everyone healthy.

The big thing for me is David Backes... Even "healthy" Backes this year looks like a 13th forward out there. It's pretty rough to watch, and I'm not sure it's going to get better, honestly. A once durable power forward now looks like he's made of egg where one hit can crack him for eternity.

Reactions: Dr Hook

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I read an article today that showed Bruins first line plays like 25.8% of the game 5vs 5 and Bruins 2nd line was at like 9.8 % The Leafs top two lines 5vs 5 were 26.6 % and 2nd line 19.8% That means Leafs have better scoring on the ice more often while Bruins are rolling 3rd and 4th lines more 5vs 5.Will this help keep Bruins fresher down the stretch ?As for your post I prefer option 3.Load up the 2nd line to and bump Heinen to 3rd line.
I was at last night game and Nordstrom & Bjork were all over the place. It’s obvious after 10 games Nordstrom is another player with a plus hockey awareness.

I would throw Donato with them as others have posted

Eventually you are going to be fine at center long term but right now

Donato-Nordstrom- Bjork

Works

That shot by Donato in the second was heading right at us and I was watching him and I still haven’t seen him release it was so fast

Reactions: Dr Hook and Sheppy

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I too like Nordstrom, very much like his hustle game, that's for sure. 20 - 52 - 14 is also my ideal 4th line going forward with everyone healthy.

The big thing for me is David Backes... Even "healthy" Backes this year looks like a 13th forward out there. It's pretty rough to watch, and I'm not sure it's going to get better, honestly. A once durable power forward now looks like he's made of egg where one hit can crack him for eternity.

I linked a Fluto piece on Backes in his thread and maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it sounded like they aren’t quite sure what’s going on with Backes or when he might return?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I linked a Fluto piece on Backes in his thread and maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it sounded like they aren’t quite sure what’s going on with Backes or when he might return?
LTIR could be in the cards, I guess.

I personally (mind you I'm sitting at home drinking beer when he's playing hockey) think he's pretty much done. It's unfortunate, but I don't see him ever improving or even going back to half the guy he was his first year with the Bruins.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I was at last night game and Nordstrom & Bjork were all over the place. It’s obvious after 10 games Nordstrom is another player with a plus hockey awareness.

I would throw Donato with them as others have posted

Eventually you are going to be fine at center long term but right now

Donato-Nordstrom- Bjork

Works

That shot by Donato in the second was heading right at us and I was watching him and I still haven’t seen him release it was so fast

I think Donato will be fine eventually but they're (and us fans) going to either have to have patience with him as he adjusts to the NHL or send him to Providence for a stretch. It seems like the B's want to give him 15 games or so to see how he does and maybe take it from there. That seems fair at this point, but if they get into a rough patch and he struggles things might change

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think Donato will be fine eventually but they're (and us fans) going to either have to have patience with him as he adjusts to the NHL or send him to Providence for a stretch. It seems like the B's want to give him 15 games or so to see how he does and maybe take it from there. That seems fair at this point, but if they get into a rough patch and he struggles things might change

I put him in the same category is Bjork. Have them focus on the details and the scoring will eventually will come. Both have plus offensive abilities and fine tuning those little details will lead to more opportunities.

Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad