Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Did those same people forget how bad this team started off last year?

I think so. I think this year's squad is actually better all around. Maybe we do need some muscle up front as @22Brad Park suggests, time will tell on that one. If just one or two of the young players find their NHL groove- for instance what if after the holidays Frederic comes up and gives us that big, strong skilled 3c option, or Bjork starts lighting the lamp regularly? It's too early to predict anything, especially a curbstomping. I'd like to see us in the playoffs with a healthy Brandon Carlo for starters on the blueline. Lauzon may also prove to be a physical presence. Wagner brings more in that department than Schaller, and Nordstrom plays a much more physical game than Riley Nash ever did.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Oh stop it, you know we are going to get curbstomped by the Leafs or the Lightning in the playoffs, if we even make it.
I got them beating Leafs again in round 1 and winning it all in 2020

There isn’t 1 person registered on HF that had the Capitals and Knights in the finals so I’ll watch and see how plays out

I’d love to see how ass kicking the Leafs will be when they miss 4 of top 9 D and 3 of top 5

Reactions: Dr Hook

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I guess if your ultimate hope is a similar result, this is the absurd solace you might find. The team has not improved while the teams they must beat in order to advance have improved; it's pretty simple.

This should be a better team than last year. While I they may not equal their point totals of last years regular season (reality is that mid-November through Feb run will be hard to repeat) this team is better in the net with Rask/Halak vs Rask/Khudobin, better and deeper on D with the addition of Moore and the growth of Carlo, Gryz, and McAvoy.

Up front, they've replaced guys like Rick Nash, Riley Nash, Tim Schaller, Wingels, etc. with young and faster players in Nordstrom, Bjork, Wagner and Donato. Once again not to mention further growth of young guys like Debrusk and Heinen.

It's too bad you only see team improvement on paper by adding a brand name player.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I don’t care if Simmons is a “rental.” Talk about a “go for it” move while the core is playing peak hockey. And while Chara is still effective. And the D is looking phenomenal, and we possibly have the best goaltending duo in the league.
Of course he’d probably be expensive but the fact that he’s not signed beyond this year is not a barrier I don’t think.

DeBrusk/Krejci/Simmonds would be a legit threat.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I don’t care if Simmons is a “rental.” Talk about a “go for it” move while the core is playing peak hockey. And while Chara is still effective. And the D is looking phenomenal, and we possibly have the best goaltending duo in the league.
Of course he’d probably be expensive but the fact that he’s not signed beyond this year is not a barrier I don’t think.

I was told the other night that Simmonds was a "punk". I wanted to know why he was called that and then, as if on cue, Simmonds was a total punk. :laugh:
Sign me up for a deal for that punk, but I had to laugh at how that segment played out.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I don’t see the Flyers trading for months

The coach will go first

They have to much skill

Last year they started with I believe both a 10 game losing and winning streak in first half that had never been done

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Trades are fun to talk about, but how often do they even take place, especially with this team? Aside from giving away Mcquaid, all we see are the annual deals where Sweeney gets hosed at the deadline. To think he's suddenly going to make a deal to bring in a big, mean RW or a 3rd line center is simply wishful thinking. "Trades are hard" and they take guts. We don't have such a GM.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Love to get Wayne Simmonds.Him Krecji and DeBrusk would work.
Only way I do that is if we could get him on the cheap side, because he either walks as a UFA after the season or signs a long term expensive deal and Simmonds is already showing some signs of slowing down, players of that nature tend to age faster i.e. Lucic, Backes etc.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would trade Pastrnak to Philly for Patrick and Konecny, or Patrick and Voracek.
As much as I would like Patrick and Voracek, I am not trading Pastrnak, he is the last player I would trade, I would even trade Marchand and Bergy before him. Only way I would trade Pasta is a no brainer deal where McDavid or Matthews someone like is coming back and that is not happening, so Pastrnak stays in Boston.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Only way I do that is if we could get him on the cheap side, because he either walks as a UFA after the season or signs a long term expensive deal and Simmonds is already showing some signs of slowing down, players of that nature tend to age faster i.e. Lucic, Backes etc.

Lucic is 3rd in NHL right now in hits.Oilers are playing great hockey.I think this signs of slowing down only comes up when the team they are on is bad.The UFA part though is a big deal and price has to be right there so i agree on that.

BruinsNetwork

Trades are fun to talk about, but how often do they even take place, especially with this team? Aside from giving away Mcquaid, all we see are the annual deals where Sweeney gets hosed at the deadline. To think he's suddenly going to make a deal to bring in a big, mean RW or a 3rd line center is simply wishful thinking. "Trades are hard" and they take guts. We don't have such a GM.

You are a noted critic of David Backes since day 1, but yet you constantly want to bring in a “big” and “mean” winger. That’s wxactly what he was when he came here. What “big” and “mean” wingers are even available? Wayne Simmonds was rumored to be available, but he’s not worth it as a rental when the team has so much high-end skill in the fold right now. Bjork and Heinen are both high-skill players, and the latter is just now being given a look on 2LW.

Aside from Simmonds, can you name another “big” or “mean” winger who isn’t a bottom-six player? Big, strong and tough wingers who can play in the top-six are a dime a dozen.

Don Sweeney also traded away his 1st-round pick, Ryan Spooner, Ryan Lindgren (a future top-four D) and Matt Beleskey for Rick Nash last year. Talk about having “guts” and going for it.

What happened? Well, he’s still facing criticism from fans and media about that trade, even though he did exactly what everyone has wanted. He went after the big name, impact, 2nd-line winger for Krejci, and it was working really well until the concussion.

Sweeney has the guts to make the moves, but why would he shell out assets on a 3C with term when Frederic is on the cusp of being one? He’s close.

The Bruins haven’t even given extended time to Bjork, Heinen or Donato on 2RW or 2LW, so why would he trade for a winger right now when the team has an abundance of them?

I know you constantly like to rag on the Bruins and criticize and stir the pot, but come on now, at lease include logic within your takes.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
You are a noted critic of David Backes since day 1, but yet you constantly want to bring in a “big” and “mean” winger. That’s wxactly what he was when he came here. What “big” and “mean” wingers are even available? Wayne Simmonds was rumored to be available, but he’s not worth it as a rental when the team has so much high-end skill in the fold right now. Bjork and Heinen are both high-skill players, and the latter is just now being given a look on 2LW.

Aside from Simmonds, can you name another “big” or “mean” winger who isn’t a bottom-six player? Big, strong and tough wingers who can play in the top-six are a dime a dozen.

Don Sweeney also traded away his 1st-round pick, Ryan Spooner, Ryan Lindgren (a future top-four D) and Matt Beleskey for Rick Nash last year. Talk about having “guts” and going for it.

What happened? Well, he’s still facing criticism from fans and media about that trade, even though he did exactly what everyone has wanted. He went after the big name, impact, 2nd-line winger for Krejci, and it was working really well until the concussion.

Sweeney has the guts to make the moves, but why would he shell out assets on a 3C with term when Frederic is on the cusp of being one? He’s close.

The Bruins haven’t even given extended time to Bjork, Heinen or Donato on 2RW or 2LW, so why would he trade for a winger right now when the team has an abundance of them?

I know you constantly like to rag on the Bruins and criticize and stir the pot, but come on now, at lease include logic within your takes.
I never said the big, mean RW had to be top six. The much-talked-about Josh Anderson would be a good add to the 3rd line
I know you want to give Sweeney credit for having guts to make the Nash trade, but I mentioned that with the "hosed at the deadline comment. Also, you call Backes a RW. I thought he was supposed to be a center when Sweeney made that "brilliant" signing. :laugh:

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
This should be a better team than last year. While I they may not equal their point totals of last years regular season (reality is that mid-November through Feb run will be hard to repeat) this team is better in the net with Rask/Halak vs Rask/Khudobin, better and deeper on D with the addition of Moore and the growth of Carlo, Gryz, and McAvoy.

Up front, they've replaced guys like Rick Nash, Riley Nash, Tim Schaller, Wingels, etc. with young and faster players in Nordstrom, Bjork, Wagner and Donato. Once again not to mention further growth of young guys like Debrusk and Heinen.

It's too bad you only see team improvement on paper by adding a brand name player.
Nothing you have said here has proven to be true in a substantial way. Saying something "should" happen is purely speculative. The product on the ice and the underlying metrics suggest something different than your hollow assessment.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017

Here's a good visual look at how effective the bruins actually are at even strength

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Because everyone of them is proving they need AHL time (Donato), are gooey soft (Hienen) or just may not be anything more than a 3/4 line winger (Bjork).

Oh and aside from Simmonds start with Nick Foligno, Anderson, Ferland, Nick Ritchie and Miles Wood

Reactions: Brent Hughes

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Oh stop it, you know we are going to get curbstomped by the Leafs or the Lightning in the playoffs, if we even make it.

That’s the measuring stick whether people like it or not. We’re not competing for a 1st/2nd round exit. Does this team beat Washington, Tampa or Toronto in 7? Right now it looks like a no. Even healthy, we still have gaps. Ideally Bjork, Donato and Heinen underperforming changes soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad