Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposal - VI - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Two cheap(ish) trades to consider...

Kevin Hayes for a 2nd Rd Pick and JFK.
Brassard was dealt for a 3rd last year and Lars Eller went for two 2nd's two years ago so I'm thinking Hayes is somewhere in that range.

He's a career 45 point center with size, decent on draws and sound defensively so your classic 3c. He's also a moose in front of the net and would provide that LH shot, net front screener they've been looking for since Nash left.

Bobby Ryan (50% retained) for Jakub Zboril.

I think Ryan and Krejci would be dyno-mite together. His contract is bad, even at 50% retained ($3.6 cap hit) it's bad because of the term (4 years). But if he doesn't produce in a couple years you could buy out the last two years and with the money retained it would only cost about $900k on a cap that is expected to go up and up. I would think Ottawa is desperate to free up some part of the money tied up in Ryan to give it to Duchene and Stone. He could also give the PP a boost, playing the bumper role on the second unit with Krejci, DeBrusk and Backes in front.

Marchy - Bergy - Pasta
DeBrusk - Krejci - Ryan
Heinen - Hayes - Donato
Nords - Kuraly - Backes

They're not the super sexy additions we all pine for, but that lineup looks deep and balanced. They're both producing at a 50 point pace on their current teams.

Last year we definitely got pushed around by Tampa in the second round and these two additions would make us a lot bigger though the middle6, with Ryan at 6'2" and Hayes at 6'5". Bobby Ryan is the more physical of the two, averaging about a 100 hits a year, and while Hayes isn't a big hitter, he is a battler, averaging over 50 takeaways a year.

I can't in good conscience spend any assets on a guy who requires a contingency plan for if he keeps being not worth his contract. That seems like a high risk, low reward move.

Hayes seems like a fine player, but a pending UFA who doesn't drastically alter this forward group's talent level seems like treading water.

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Interesting take Sarge and you definitely make think about it in a slightly different way as far as Sweeney being in a tough spot. I still think he has what it takes to make a move now and get what we need now. Krug + a Heinen/Bjork/Donato/JFK etc to bring back that player we need now. I personally would be very disappointed if we moved Lauzon or Grz. I think those are the guys you keep. It would have to be a real nice player coming back for me to do that. We have a great young defensive core and Torey is not in the plans for that, and shouldn't be so I'd hang onto those guys and move Torey. Zboril can go, he's down the depth chart quite a ways.

I don't know. I really think he needs to pull the trigger before the roster freeze. I'm concerned we may get waxed these next two games.

It's tough and fluid....which makes it tougher.

Say they get three points out of the next 2 vs. TB and Toronto - Then a very possible 5 out of the next 3 vs. Ott. Arizona and Pitts.

So that's 8 points in 5 games, and we're a week and change closer to Chara and Bergy coming back and they're again looking at improving with this year in mind.

Problem is that the same goes for other teams. Win 3 out of 4 and the outlook changes. Lose 4 out of 6, changes the other way.

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Two cheap(ish) trades to consider...

Kevin Hayes for a 2nd Rd Pick and JFK.
Brassard was dealt for a 3rd last year and Lars Eller went for two 2nd's two years ago so I'm thinking Hayes is somewhere in that range.

He's a career 45 point center with size, decent on draws and sound defensively so your classic 3c. He's also a moose in front of the net and would provide that LH shot, net front screener they've been looking for since Nash left.

Bobby Ryan (50% retained) for Jakub Zboril.

I think Ryan and Krejci would be dyno-mite together. His contract is bad, even at 50% retained ($3.6 cap hit) it's bad because of the term (4 years). But if he doesn't produce in a couple years you could buy out the last two years and with the money retained it would only cost about $900k on a cap that is expected to go up and up. I would think Ottawa is desperate to free up some part of the money tied up in Ryan to give it to Duchene and Stone. He could also give the PP a boost, playing the bumper role on the second unit with Krejci, DeBrusk and Backes in front.

Marchy - Bergy - Pasta
DeBrusk - Krejci - Ryan
Heinen - Hayes - Donato
Nords - Kuraly - Backes

They're not the super sexy additions we all pine for, but that lineup looks deep and balanced. They're both producing at a 50 point pace on their current teams.

Last year we definitely got pushed around by Tampa in the second round and these two additions would make us a lot bigger though the middle6, with Ryan at 6'2" and Hayes at 6'5". Bobby Ryan is the more physical of the two, averaging about a 100 hits a year, and while Hayes isn't a big hitter, he is a battler, averaging over 50 takeaways a year.

Bill, I am not sure Hayes would be the best fit here, given some of the history with the family and Vesey, but I applaud the thinking.

Guys I would like to see the B's at least kick the tires on:

Schenn, Saad, Simmonds, Lowry, Sobotka, Bennett, Kreider

Some of these guys would be more available than others.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
The only time I ever want to see the name "Hayes" on a Bruins jersey is if I run into Jimmy repping his old sweater as a fan at a Bruins game.

Fine, but Kevin Hayes is 100x better than Colby Cave.

I like Bill's ideas. I have zero confidence Sweeney does anything like those, or anything at all, but I think those moves make the Bruins a better team.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Fine, but Kevin Hayes is 100x better than Colby Cave.

I like Bill's ideas. I have zero confidence Sweeney does anything like those, or anything at all, but I think those moves make the Bruins a better team.

Taking away Hayes' name, he would be better than any option we have as a 3LC. However, I have no interest in Bobby Ryan at 3.6M for another 3 seasons. This with Backes already here.

Reactions: bbfan419

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I can't in good conscience spend any assets on a guy who requires a contingency plan for if he keeps being not worth his contract. That seems like a high risk, low reward move.

Hayes seems like a fine player, but a pending UFA who doesn't drastically alter this forward group's talent level seems like treading water.
50 points for $7.25 is not worth the contract.
50 points for $3.6 is high value.

A proven 45pt center wouldn’t drastically alter the makeup of this forward group? I beg to differ when the current options are Kuraly and Prospects who aren’t ready.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
50 points for $7.25 is not worth the contract.
50 points for $3.6 is high value.

He hasn't been a 50 point guy for three years.

Plus, he's 31. It's far more likely that his production starts to crater than it is that he sustains it. And the Bruins would be left holding the bag. No thank you.

A proven 45pt center wouldn’t drastically alter the makeup of this forward group? I beg to differ when the current options are Kuraly and Prospects who aren’t ready.

Okay, let's say that fixes it this season. Hayes is a pending UFA. Are you prepared to trade a ton of assets for him AND re-sign him long term?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Not necessarily a pink slip yet but it frustrates me that a team like the Penguins go on a mini losing streak, Rutherford starts testing the market for Kessel (rumored), and makes 2 shakeup trades shipping out Hagelin and Sprog.

Yet here’s Sweeney still rolling out Acciari every night, Cave as his first line center. Wtf
I think he is hopeful they can weather the storm,until they get Bergy back,than the top line will mask the other issues they have on the forward lines.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I think he is hopeful they can weather the storm,until they get Bergy back,than the top line will mask the other issues they have on the forward lines.
When Bergy was healthy and the top line was the best in the NHL there was still almost zero secondary scoring. This team needs scoring help, wether Bergeron is back or not

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Anderson is on pace for 44 pts this year and had 30 last year. Last year Heinen put up 47 and was a year younger than JA.

I don’t think the offer is that far off, if at all. Depends on what type of player a team is looking for.

Well I think we know what kinda player Torts wants... And Anderson is it.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Let’s start with that.

THAT wasn’t good enough last year. And they had Riley Nash at 3C instead of Colby friggin Cave or whoemever else. And that’s been my point all along. They weren’t good enough last spring when they had both Nashes. Going into this season with neither was a serious bet on the kids. And so far, snake eyes.

I mean it’s not like either Nash is ripping it up. Riley is a huge mistake by the Jackets.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Meanwhile today Pittsburgh has made its 3rd trade in as many weeks.

They're swapping crap for crap lol. One of the guys they just acquire was former Bruins 7th round pick from 2009 HAHAHA. Seriously, the Pens go out and acquire a few 27yr old AHLer and you get all hot and bothered? The other guy the acquired has been traded like 3-4 times and is average in the ECHL.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Wonder if this team could swing some sort of deal like RW Tyler Toffoli, Kyle Clifford and a pick for C Noal Acciari, D Steven Kampfer, LW Peter Cehlarik and a pick maybe another lower prospect instead of a pick.

Marchand Bergy Pasta
DeBrusk DK Toffoli
Nordstrom JFK Donato
Clifford Kuraly Wagner

Heinen Bjork

Chara McAvoy
Moore Carlo
Krug Miller

Gryz

Gives the Bruins a 2nd line RW and a guy like Clifford who isnt afraid to drop the mitts and defend teammates

Reactions: bbfan419

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
They're swapping crap for crap lol. One of the guys they just acquire was former Bruins 7th round pick from 2009 HAHAHA. Seriously, the Pens go out and acquire a few 27yr old AHLer and you get all hot and bothered? The other guy the acquired has been traded like 3-4 times and is average in the ECHL.
They’ve won back to back Cups in recent years so I’m assuming they know what they’re doing. When the team goes stale they shake things up

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad