Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposal - VI - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
At this point maybe you give Donato one more try but this juggling to Bjork/Heinen/Donato on the second line just isnt working. You need to call it what it is - they aren't ready.

I think Heinen can comfortable fill in on the third or fourth and maybe make his way up but he is giving us nothing in the top 6. Donato and Bjork aren't ready yet.

I know Sweeney wants one of them to step up and maybe they will at some point this season but I dont think anyone is benefiting from trying to force them to play somewhere they aren't ready. Krejci needs another guy who can keep up. Hes been much better lately and DeBrusk has been killing it they need a third partner who can contribute.

Whether that is Rick Nash or a trade I dont know. But I think were reaching a breaking point.

Reactions: Strafer and Dizzay

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Not sure how the team is at a “breaking point” when they have 30 pts in 24 games, are in a Wild Card spot and only a couple of points out of 3rd...

All the while playing a chunk of the season so far without 3 of their Top 4 D.

Don’t make any panic moves.

I think the question still remains of IF this team returns to a healthy line-up, are they beating Tampa, Toronto or Washington (or all 3) in a 7 game series. If not and the goal is to win, we need to add IMO and it's not a bottom 6 forward.

Reactions: Strafer

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If they don't trade Heinen, I'd like for him to be on the 3rd line wing. I don't want him on the second line, like at all.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Not sure how the team is at a “breaking point” when they have 30 pts in 24 games, are in a Wild Card spot and only a couple of points out of 3rd...

Because here at HF everything is a breaking point and every game is the biggest test with the season hanging in the balance, unless they win then it's because the other team is garbage.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC

My apologies I wasn't clear. I dont mean the team overall is at a breaking point. I mean that I think were reaching a point where continuing to shuffle Heinen Bjork and Donato is not going to fix anything.

Can they get through the season with one of them on Krejcis wing? Probably. But that's really bringing down krecjis potential and possibly hindering their development.

Were a quarter of the season in and none of them have done much of anything. I think they're all going to be good players but maybe not top 6 players this season. And that's okay.

I agree not to do anything rash but I also dont like seeing three of our most promising young players being forced into situations they're probably not ready for.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
If they don't trade Heinen, I'd like for him to be on the 3rd line wing. I don't want him on the second line, like at all.

We get it. You don't like Heinen and have made it clear in many threads.

But if you don't want him on the 2nd line, who do you want to see in his spot and why?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
We get it. You don't like Heinen and have made it clear in many threads.

But if you don't want him on the 2nd line, who do you want to see in his spot and why?
I don't dislike Heinen, I'm calling it as I see it. He's flat out not producing, and i think that's a pretty safe thing to say, no? He didn't produce in the post season either, he went missing down the stretch last year and 2 goals in 20+ games this season just isn't good enough.

I'd like to see them make a trade for a 2nd line winger, move Heinen down to the 3rd line where he belongs.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I don't dislike Heinen, I'm calling it as I see it. He's flat out not producing, and i think that's a pretty safe thing to say, no? He didn't produce in the post season either, he went missing down the stretch last year and 2 goals in 20+ games isn't good.

I'd like to see them make a trade for a 2nd line winger, move Heinen down to the 3rd line where he belongs.

Like I said, if they find a better option via trade, perfect. But until then, Heinen is the most skilled/better option for that 2nd line spot next to Krejci+DeBrusk.

And trading Heinen right now would be stupid as they would be selling low.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Like I said, if they find a better option via trade, perfect. But until then, Heinen is the most skilled/better option for that 2nd line spot next to Krejci+DeBrusk.

Sure he is, I don't disagree with you, but should we settle for that just because he's the most skilled and suitable? I'm not saying he NEEDS to be traded, either. I'm saying that if they find a suitable winger, he can drop down to the third line where, truthfully, he belongs.

I don't think secondary scoring can be handled internally like most people.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Sure he is, I don't disagree with you, but should we settle for that just because he's the most skilled and suitable? I'm not saying he NEEDS to be traded, either. I'm saying that if they find a suitable winger, he can drop down to the third line where, truthfully, he belongs.

I don't think secondary scoring can be handled internally like most people.

I thought everything could be handled internally. That’s the plan we are all agreeing to right?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I thought everything could be handled internally. That’s the plan we are all agreeing to right?

I don’t think that’s it at all. I would be fine with a good trade that benefits both teams. I just don’t want any horrible panic deals. You know, like a couple of years ago when people thought the B’s needed a stud D and were suggesting moves like Pasta and Carlo for Trouba.

How bad would that deal look right now?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

When healthy is this team a real contender without a second line RW or 3rd line center? If they are not you make moves based on the playoffs not getting through this rash of injuries but Sweeney is going to have to make some moves or accept a one and done in the playoffs. Right now they line up with Washington, care to venture how that will turn out?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Heinen is more suited for second line in Providence than Boston, his numbers back that up as does his quiet, heady play.

False Start

May 8, 2018

I can guarantee you almost 100% that there won't be any panic moves this season.

Any trade made this year will have to take into account the expansion draft in 2020, resigning RFA's Heinen, McAvoy and Carlo, and what to do with Krug.

Management won't be trading for young cost effective assets or veterans on contracts with term, unless Krug/Carlo/Heinen/Backes/Krejci get moved. (Moving one of those guys might be considered a panic move) Otherwise, we'll be playing the kids or shopping around for rentals.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'd take Rick Nash back if he wanted to come on a show-me deal for the vet minimum. But he kind of sucked in the playoffs and might prefer to invest in someone better toward the deadline.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
When healthy is this team a real contender without a second line RW or 3rd line center? If they are not you make moves based on the playoffs not getting through this rash of injuries but Sweeney is going to have to make some moves or accept a one and done in the playoffs. Right now they line up with Washington, care to venture how that will turn out?

I didn’t say not to make any moves. I said don’t make a panic move. I thought that was fairly self explanatory, but I guess not?

I would prefer they not make any moves until Bergeron is healthy and they at least have McAvoy and Carlo back.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Friedman reported that blues are gonna sell. I think it's time we send a package for schenn. I would guess heinan would be the start of the package if I'm Donny . I like Brayden age only 27 and can give us strong forward depth.

It’s Heinen, not heinan.

Also, even if the Blues are struggling and want to sell off some pieces, why would they move the 27 year old Schenn? If I’m looking to rebuild on the fly, he’s not a guy I’m moving.

If he is available, I hope the B’s are inquiring.

Reactions: HustleB

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Isn’t Rick Nash as likely to sign in Columbus or Toronto as he is here? I wouldn’t hold my breath expecting him to come in and save us at the 11th hour.

And for those pinning his uneven playoff on a concussion, I’d suggest you look at his body of work. Even if you take out his run with Boston he only has 34 points in 77 career playoff games. So, maybe he was off last year, maybe he wasn’t, but his production was on par with his historical average. In fact, he had that same stat line (5 in 12) twice with the Rangers.

Reactions: Strafer and Estlin

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Friedman reported that blues are gonna sell. I think it's time we send a package for schenn. I would guess heinan would be the start of the package if I'm Donny . I like Brayden age only 27 and can give us strong forward depth.
I’m a big fan of Schenn too... I would think Torey Krug would be an even swap but if they’re looking to go young they’re probably going to be asking for Frederic (STL kid) plus, maybe a big plus considering they gave up two 1st’s for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad