Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposal - VI - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Is Physically really another need? Half of the Bruins teams are grinders... checking/grinding players along the boards for a good part of the game

this team could use another Pearson, Paul Stasny, Barzal etc

Ok, you are reaching now.

Stastny...Barzal...Pearson.

One of those players is different.

Also, if I am going out and getting a scorer, and I have my choice of three guys and one is physical in addition to his scoring touch, he’s my guy.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
This team is on the verge of tanking and they are not even trying to

Of course when Bergeron returns, should play better

in any case, you know that Hughes is considered a once in a generation type talent right?

The Pens, Hawks etc. foundation are built on tanking and getting lucky with Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Kane.... when have the Bruins ever done this?

It is not the noble/cheap way but a part of sports

We had Thornton, Kessel and Seguin to build with...

but we prefer getting 3 role-players instead.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
This team is on the verge of tanking and they are not even trying to

Of course when Bergeron returns, should play better

in any case, you know that Hughes is considered a once in a generation type talent right?

The Pens, Hawks etc. foundation are built on tanking and getting lucky with Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Kane.... when have the Bruins ever done this?

It is not the noble/cheap way but a part of sports

No, honestly I did not know that about Hughes. And I'm not against tanking because of "nobility" or "honorability". It's just not something that a management team is going to do.

I would target at least one of the following: Namestnikov, Saad, Simmonds, Toffoli. I think two of them would be a huge help and are probably somewhat realistic. Maybe it's not good enough to put us over the top but you gotta go for it. You're not going to try to lose.

I don't want to see Stempniak. That's for sure.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Ok, you are reaching now.

Stastny...Barzal...Pearson.

One of those players is different.

Also, if I am going out and getting a scorer, and I have my choice of three guys and one is physical in addition to his scoring touch, he’s my guy.

Bruins had that chance with Landeskog last season but it didn't go through (wish had that one back)

the type of player you want (in theory like a Rick Nash) is hard to come by.

The point of the Pearson trade idea was that the Bruins are hurting on offense and he looked like he needed a change of scenery. He was a cheap buy

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Bruins had that chance with Landeskog last season but it didn't go through (wish had that one back)

the type of player you want (in theory like a Rick Nash) is hard to come by.

The point of the Pearson trade idea was that the Bruins are hurting on offense and he looked like he needed a change of scenery. He was a cheap buy

I would much rather pay more for a Saad or a Kreider (and have to move DeBrusk to RW) than acquire Pearson and move 74.

I just don’t think Pearson is that good.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Not a solution by any means, but could Sweeney be any worse off by signing Jan Kovar to a small contract? It certainly wouldn’t help his defense, but might spark the offense for a time until Bergs returns and other repairs are made to the roster.

2018-19Providence Bruins*AHL124610
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I watched him play. I say it's 50-50 if he can make it in the NHL or not, but might be worth a shot if we are really desperate.

Good description of him:

"Kovar has been described as a dynamic centre. He may not be the tallest player standing at five-foot-eleven, but he’s stocky and isn’t moved off the puck easily. Additionally, he’s decent in the faceoff circle finishing with above 50% in each of his five regular seasons."

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I would much rather pay more for a Saad or a Kreider (and have to move DeBrusk to RW) than acquire Pearson and move 74.

I just don’t think Pearson is that good.

i wouldn't mind that either...but to execute a trade for Saad, Kreider is not easy

Pearson was "available"

i guess for you, either get those type of players or don't do anything at all

for me if this teams plan is to make noise in the playoffs.... things need to change. Otherwise will be entering the brutal no mans land of drafting 13-14 and not even making the playoffs

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
i wouldn't mind that either...but to execute a trade for Saad, Kreider is not easy

Pearson was "available"

i guess for you, either get those type of players or don't do anything at all

for me if this teams plan is to make noise in the playoffs.... things need to change. Otherwise will be entering the brutal no mans land of drafting 13-14 and not even making the playoffs

I already told you that I don’t think Pearson is that good. I’m not wasting assets on a guy who is marginally better than what I have.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I wouldn't mind this (except trading Kuraly)

but Senyshyn hasn't earned the right to be called up....because he is still rough around the edges

Donny and Cassidy won't allow it .... they probably call up Szwarz first
Keeping Kuraly is fine.

It may be a year early, but I think Senyshyn is the kind of player the Bruins need. He's fast, he can score, and he's willing to go to the dirty areas and use his body to make the right play.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I already told you that I don’t think Pearson is that good. I’m not wasting assets on a guy who is marginally better than what I have.

really? he has 5 points in 10 games.... Heinen has 5 points in 23 games!
Backes has 4 points in 24 games!

Thats not only marginally better rate/projection

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Keeping Kuraly is fine.

It may be a year early, but I think Senyshyn is the kind of player the Bruins need. He's fast, he can score, and he's willing to go to the dirty areas and use his body to make the right play.

I agree.... I would call him, Zboril, Fitzgerald, Cehlarik up and send down some of the guys .... starting with Acciari, Wagner

Reactions: Absurdity

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
This organization clearly has no desire to tank despite the fact that the proper time to start it was right when they traded Boychuk for futures, and then again when they traded Hamilton and Lucic and Jones for futures, and then again when they traded Smith.

But then they traded a pick for Zac Rinaldo and signed Matt Beleskey. So it was clear they have no appetite for a real rebuild.

We should probably eliminate any possibility of intentionally tanking until JJ is gone and Sinden isn't an influence any longer and the entire org goes through a house cleaning.

As it stands, they're probably closer to being like a Red Wings or Kings or Blackhawks where they are dragged kicking and screaming to irrelevancy and getting a lottery pick accidentally instead of any kind of intentional rebuild. So enjoy the ride while it lasts, folks.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
This organization clearly has no desire to tank despite the fact that the proper time to start it was right when they traded Boychuk for futures, and then again when they traded Hamilton and Lucic and Jones for futures, and then again when they traded Smith.

But then they traded a pick for Zac Rinaldo and signed Matt Beleskey. So it was clear they have no appetite for a real rebuild.

We should probably eliminate any possibility of intentionally tanking until JJ is gone and Sinden isn't an influence any longer and the entire org goes through a house cleaning.

As it stands, they're probably closer to being like a Red Wings or Kings or Blackhawks where they are dragged kicking and screaming to irrelevancy and getting a lottery pick accidentally instead of any kind of intentional rebuild. So enjoy the ride while it lasts, folks.

JJ? ooh I see

haha...he is never selling the team. As long as profit is good/building is pretty much packed right?

you still think Sinden has that much influence?

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
JJ? ooh I see

haha...he is never selling the team. As long as profit is good/building is pretty much packed right?

you still think Sinden has that much influence?

I wasn't talking about JJ selling the team...more like buying the farm.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Sweeney did this last year and we got "Rick Nash" , Nick Holden and Tommy Wingels. He gave up a 1st, 3rd, 4th and a 7th round draft pick, Ryan Spooner, Ryan Lindgren, Rob O'Gara and 1/2 of Matt Beleskey. By giving all that up we have nothing to show for it today.
The window has closed for Chara. The only thing that might benefit Boston is if Chara wants to go to a Stanley Cup contender to try to win a Cup again. It's not happening with this team this year. Krejci will be lucky to stay another year because they will try to get rid of him for pennies on the dollar once his limited NTC comes into affect. Rask and Bergeron still have a few years left.
Boston is not in the same league as teams like Toronto,Tampa, Washington or Nashville
I was not talking about trading for over the hill guys or rentals like Nash, I meant making some solid deals for good young players like Panarin/Tarasenko/Stone/Duchene/Barkov ETC. If we could even get one of these guys then a lesser player like Toffli or Schenn that could be a big boost. I know some salary would have to go out to make it work, in the case of the Blues maybe something with Backes can be worked in there? I would even make a hockey trade that I am sure I will get flax for, but at this point I would offer Marchand 1for 1 for Taylor Hall.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
My biggest fear is that we're a .500 team, or slightly above and come deadline day the Bruins acquire Kyle Brodziak or Magnus Paajarvi or something along those lines.

Reactions: maxl7

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Sorry but I find this just fundamentally wrong. They're can't be an excuse for every single situation where a trade is mentioned, and there's too many other factors.

1. Players aren't evaluated only on the last month or so. If the Bruins think DeBrusk, Heinen, Donato, etc. are good enough to play top 9 minutes and have bright futures, it could EASILY be the case that other NHL teams view it the same way. Thus, they could absolutely want those players and value them highly.

2. Most NHL teams have "woes" right now. I think fans kid themselves when they say things like "we can't make a trade now, we're losing, we'll get fleeced!" That makes no sense. A competent GM knows he's losing, and other GM's might hope to get lucky, but they can't expect to. What goes around comes around, and it's a circle for all these teams. They all go through slumps and have needs. I'm not suggesting they help each other out, but the idea that a trade needs to be unfair depending on the relative level of desperation for the GM's seems like complete BS to me.
Yes, even though Harry Sinden got the better of some deals he also lost on some. He said something years ago about it being a win/win and that the other guy can't be made to look foolish etc (can't remember the words exactly).

Reactions: maxl7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad