Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposal - VI - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Agreed. Sweeney should stand pat while most teams ahead of him improve. Donato Bjork Heinen will improve this season and provide the secondary scoring needed.

LOL this is a terrible attempt at a troll job. I do wonder though how you'd react if Sweeney went out and traded for the guys PIT did today. My guess is you'd be irate blowing up every thread Sweeney related (and probably ones not Sweeney related) complaining that Sweeney sucks and he should be fired, stone as he left the building and then burned at the stake.

Seriously you're constant pissing and moaning is getting old. You're free to response with your kicking and screaming antics, but I can guarantee with 100% certainty I won't see it. Its probably best that you and I avoid each other and I'm going to do my part by just adding you to the ignore list.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
This offense is putrid. It’s borderline embarrassing. Bergeron is great but he isn’t turning around this bottom of the barrel offense all by himself.

Soon Bergeron will be 35-36 and Bjork Heinen Senyshyn will be on their 3rd or 4th NHL teams.

Bill Belichek would be looking to move Bergeron Chara Rask Krejci now while they’re still worth something

Reactions: Sheppy and Strafer

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
LOL this is a terrible attempt at a troll job. I do wonder though how you'd react if Sweeney went out and traded for the guys PIT did today. My guess is you'd be irate blowing up every thread Sweeney related (and probably ones not Sweeney related) complaining that Sweeney sucks and he should be fired, stone as he left the building and then burned at the stake.

Seriously you're constant pissing and moaning is getting old. You're free to response with your kicking and screaming antics, but I can guarantee with 100% certainty I won't see it. Its probably best that you and I avoid each other and I'm going to do my part by just adding you to the ignore list.
You might have me confused with someone else. But ya if Sweeney moved on Pearson I’d be okay with that.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
throw in Marcus Johansson as a rental and I'm so all over that.

1st, Krug, Donato, Zboril, 4th, 5th
for
Taylor Hall
Marcus Johansson (some salary retained)

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Hall-Krejci-Debrusk
Heinen-Johansson-Backes
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Chara-McAvoy
Moore-Carlo
Grizz-Miller
Lauzon-Kampfer

gimme a hell yeah

*disclaimer: I don't usually get specific with trade proposals, please be gentle

It doesn’t matter what anyone suggests....

We all know that it’s all in fun and they never happen the way we suggest anyway.

Of those that comment
1/3 will feel the need to correct you with condescension
1/3 will agree with all/most of it
1/3 will disagree respectfully

Curiously, as I’ve stated before — when a trade actually happens...those same categories exist....except instead of arguing whether or not they will happen, the argument becomes whether or not the trade was good or not.

Personally, for me....of players under 24...I’d let them take any 3 that aren’t McAvoy or Pasta for Hall.

And a second round pick.

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
He hasn't been a 50 point guy for three years.

He's on pace for 53 points this year and has scored at a 50 point pace during his time in Ottawa. But even if he only produces at the 43 point pace he was on last year when he was injured, he'd still be a good value at $3.6m. There are 10 point, 4th liners who make that. Kevin Hayes is a career 45 point player who makes almost $6m.

Plus, I'm banking on some chemistry with Krejci, something I don't think Ryan has had during his time in Ottawa. But again, if that hope doesn't pan out (which is a fair argument) the exit strategy is fairly short money, especially with the cap expected to go up considerably over the next 2-3 years.

To me, the worst case scenario of paying half of his buyout a few years from now is well worth the risk of adding someone, on the cheap, who could be a good fit for Krejci for the last few years of his deal.

Okay, let's say that fixes it this season. Hayes is a pending UFA. Are you prepared to trade a ton of assets for him AND re-sign him long term?

I'm not giving up "tons of assets" for him. I'm giving up a 2nd and JFK. I would be completely okay with giving up that package and walking away after the playoffs. That's not mortgaging the future, the prospects I'm dealing in both deals are from areas of organizational depth. The 2nd stings a bit, but it's the cost of doing business at the deadline. If Sweeney didn't want to part with any picks at the deadline he should have signed a UFA center as an insurance policy.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Evaluating

Evaluating

Evaluating
Sweeney may be waiting for Rick Nash to make a decision.

He's not ideal (IMHO) but as others have said, he wouldn't cost us futures to acquire, which could allow him to spend more on a 3c.

Just sayin' it's a possibility. We only just started losing. Before that they were squeaking out wins so maybe he thought he could hold on for a few more weeks until a decision was made.

Reactions: Strafer

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
if Bergeron, Chara and McAvoy are out much longer and the team continues to struggle, do you look at dealing one of Rask or Halak? I get that goalies usually don't bring much back but for a team that might not make the playoffs let alone make any noise if they do get in having 2 started caliber tenders might be a luxury that they could turn into a piece they need more somewhere else?

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Sweeney may be waiting for Rick Nash to make a decision.

He's not ideal (IMHO) but as others have said, he wouldn't cost us futures to acquire, which could allow him to spend more on a 3c.

Just sayin' it's a possibility. We only just started losing. Before that they were squeaking out wins so maybe he thought he could hold on for a few more weeks until a decision was made.

Honestly, if that’s the reason then Sweeney needs to pack his boxes. An old Rick Nash currently not playing due to concussion issues shouldn’t be who we’re waiting on. He really wasn’t all that good despite I think most of us desperately wanting him to be. But given what management said, what they also paid for Nash...I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re right.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Honestly, if that’s the reason then Sweeney needs to pack his boxes. An old Rick Nash currently not playing due to concussion issues shouldn’t be who we’re waiting on. He really wasn’t all that good despite I think most of us desperately wanting him to be. But given what management said, what they also paid for Nash...I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re right.

What they paid for Nash really wasn’t that much at the end of the day.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
What they paid for Nash really wasn’t that much at the end of the day.

They took Beleskey off our hands which was great. Spoons wasn’t gonna do much and he’s already moved on. It was the 1st to me that felt like overpayment. We will see how that pick ultimately ends up but yeah you’re right, fortunately at the end of the day it wasn’t that much.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
LW? He's not (and never has been, AFAIK) a center

not true... early in his career Edmonton moved him to center for training camp and to start the season... it was a colossal failure with hall doing multiple interviews where he said he doesn't like center and cant feel comfortable there

so I think we have to say he wont be a center for us

as for the original question though... if hall did come here debrusk would be losing his job to him. I like debrusk about as much as most but if any of us think debrusk would win a battle for a job against hall... that's just crazy talk

I suggest we would go with 2 lines for the most part

marchand/Bergeron and friend would probably become our number 2 line moving forward as they age into their 30s

hall/pastrnak and friend would become our top line... if hall wins the mvp last year with that support group just imagine what he does with pastrnak

and krecji? we probably need to dump him for cap room if we add hall... but in the meantime if krecji was our 3rd line anchor that's a pretty damn good 3rd line anchor.

if im jersey and I actually am trading hall... theres no way I do that without debrusk coming back

could we honestly have a chance at hall if we made some sort of real offer?

hall/butcher
for
krug/debrusk/Urho

any deal we might actually get hall for is going to hurt and involve guys we don't want to give up.

the downside is... hes going to get paid on his next deal and its coming up for renogtiation soon. but he is a seguin/benn/Tavares type impact guy that will be a difference maker wherever he ended up and would let us make the statement we were trying to make when we went after tavares

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
is it too soon to start worrying about the seattle expansion draft

if I understand correctly... they enter the league for 20-21. we can protect 4 d and 4 f or 10 skaters but only 3 d

guys with nmc have to be protected

up front we are in trouble
backes/krecji/marchand/Bergeron all have nmc
if we want to protect pastnak we have to go the 3 dman option

but on d we will McAvoy/carlo and then who? if we do decide to keep krug… he seems he would be the obvious number 3. how good will gryz be by that time? can we loose him? moore?

it becomes IMPERITIVE we trade one of krecji/backes before the expansion draft

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I saw a posters on the trade board calling for a shakeup trade for Carolina and saying he wants victor rask gone...

rask is a big body center who has been an underachiever and is on a long term contract at 4 mill {could rask be someone seattle would want in the upcoming expansion draft?}

just because a fan wants to trade rask in a shakeup doesn't mean Carolina management would but for arguments sakes…

how do we feel about?
danton Heinen
for
victor rask?

we address our need for immediate center depth... there is a chance rask would play well enough here to allow us to trade krecji…

the downside is rask is overpaid at 4 mill cap hit and honestly I don't think hes any better than Heinen other than he plays center which is a team need while Heinen plays left shot wing where we are over croweded

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I saw a posters on the trade board calling for a shakeup trade for Carolina and saying he wants victor rask gone...

rask is a big body center who has been an underachiever and is on a long term contract at 4 mill {could rask be someone seattle would want in the upcoming expansion draft?}

just because a fan wants to trade rask in a shakeup doesn't mean Carolina management would but for arguments sakes…

how do we feel about?
danton Heinen
for
victor rask?

we address our need for immediate center depth... there is a chance rask would play well enough here to allow us to trade krecji…

the downside is rask is overpaid at 4 mill cap hit and honestly I don't think hes any better than Heinen other than he plays center which is a team need while Heinen plays left shot wing where we are over croweded

Done deal and I like Heinen.

This is a great trade target and one I hope Donny is working the phones on if he’s available.

He is overpaid but taking on that contract likely gets the surplus value and upside that I would be 110 percent gambling on.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
is it too soon to start worrying about the seattle expansion draft

if I understand correctly... they enter the league for 20-21. we can protect 4 d and 4 f or 10 skaters but only 3 d

guys with nmc have to be protected

up front we are in trouble
backes/krecji/marchand/Bergeron all have nmc
if we want to protect pastnak we have to go the 3 dman option

but on d we will McAvoy/carlo and then who? if we do decide to keep krug… he seems he would be the obvious number 3. how good will gryz be by that time? can we loose him? moore?

it becomes IMPERITIVE we trade one of krecji/backes before the expansion draft
Backes' contract will be over thankfully by the time the expansion draft takes place before the 2021 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad