Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Ryan White to PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Always thought they were taking Kyle Connor.

I like DeBrusk a lot - I was stunned when called but I'm glad they did

Senyshyn I won't comment till 25 games in AHL

Zboril was the only non reach

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Travis Konecny, Anthony Beauvillier, Kyle Connor, Mathew Barzal, Brock Boeser.

Most draft previews had these players rated ahead of Senyshyn, Zboril was a consensus top 20 pick, so while he is not developing as hoped I will leave him alone and look at who else they could have had instead of Senyshyn.
Colin White, Ilya Samsonov, Vince Dunn, and Thomas Chabot.

Too me DeBrusks high end is second line, just an opinion, and it isn't so bad if that is what he becomes. I like his game and he was the one Sweeney reach I haven't minded.

You're all wet with this post.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
So, can we get a tougher forward already?

LA has been running Boston tonight and we have nobody interested in responding.

After Pasta got run, Backes yapped at MacDermid but he would beat Backes up pretty bad ---too bad that Backes is our toughest forward out there.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
So, can we get a tougher forward already?

LA has been running Boston tonight and we have nobody interested in responding.

After Pasta got run, Backes yapped at MacDermid but he would beat Backes up pretty bad ---too bad that Backes is our toughest forward out there.

Bruins are responding by hitting right back; I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure the hits are pretty even. Chara has been stapling the Kings forwards all night long.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Bruins are responding by hitting right back; I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure the hits are pretty even. Chara has been stapling the Kings forwards all night long.
Yeah, guys like Pastranak have been pissed off trying to throw hits all night and get revenge for being roughed up ---I can think of better things for him to focus on and would rather have a 4th liner focused on running MacDermid etc.

The Kings have been playing a heavy dominating game --it is ONLY tied because Rask has stolen this game.

If we have an "energy" line trying to throw meaningless hits, we may as well get a guy in there who can actually throw impactful hits that will put their D's head on a swivel.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Yeah, guys like Pastranak have been pissed off trying to throw hits all night and get revenge for being roughed up ---I can think of better things for him to focus on and would rather have a 4th liner focused on running MacDermid etc.

The Kings have been playing a heavy dominating game --it is ONLY tied because Rask has stolen this game.

If we have an "energy" line trying to throw meaningless hits, we may as well get a guy in there who can actually throw impactful hits that will put their D's head on a swivel.

DeBrusk planted a couple of people. Same with Backes. With the exception of the Kempe hit, everything has been clean. It's been a hard, physical game. 35 hits for the Kings, 34 for the Bruins.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Don't know what they promised him, but if they don't give him a shot now with Acciari, Backes, Krejci, and Spooner out then I can't imagine they ever will.

They're looking at rolling out 5 rookie forwards tonight. . .

Last edited:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Don't know what they promised him, but if they don't give him a shot now with Acciari, Backes, Krejci, and Spooner out then I can't imagine they ever will.

They're looking at rolling out 5 rookie forwards tonight. . .

It may not the most reliable source, but capfriendly still shows his PTO with Boston as active, but he hasn't played with Providence at all that I can tell. They signed him 10/10 right? I would have thought we'd have heard something by now.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
No updates yet? Can it be that he tweaked something or isn't in the best shape? Right now I would think that he'd be a better **** stirrer than Beleskey. The other night against Columbus they were anemic in the first period or two .

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Send Belesky to the AHL, let him (try to) get his game back. Sign White, move on. Maybe Belesky's value will improve, maybe it won't. But I can't see his value getting WORSE than it is now.

Reactions: Strafer

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
They need White or a player like him ASAP. There are options in the minors that wouldn't cost too much and considering that Vatrano is firmly in Cassidy's doghouse I would use him as trade bait. Spooner they need to use as a piece to upgrade the top 9

Reactions: Strafer

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
It may not the most reliable source, but capfriendly still shows his PTO with Boston as active, but he hasn't played with Providence at all that I can tell. They signed him 10/10 right? I would have thought we'd have heard something by now.

I DON'T THINK YOU'RE allowed to sign a player to a PTO and assign him to AHL.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
They need White or a player like him ASAP. There are options in the minors that wouldn't cost too much and considering that Vatrano is firmly in Cassidy's doghouse I would use him as trade bait. Spooner they need to use as a piece to upgrade the top 9
Agreed. Just how much could we get for Vatrano? The guy is simply not good.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Pugnacious center Ryan White remains in camp on a tryout basis, but Cassidy said so far the team has attempted to fill holes with in-house candidates.
“Those are internal discussions. I think it’s a matter of exhausting our options that we do have with guys who have been in the organization that we feel can help us, depth guys. We talked about adding to our depth in the summer and that’s getting tested from Day 1 here. I think we’ve done a good job with that. Some guys have done better than others, that’s normal,” said Cassidy. “And without kicking the can down the road, those are (Don Sweeney’s) decisions on who he signs and who he doesn’t.”
White said he has possible opportunities in the KHL, AHL and other NHL clubs, but his first choice is the B’s.
“Don’t want to give up on the dream,” said the affable White, who is being paid just a per diem to stay with the team on the tryout deal.
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins/2017/11/bruins_notebook_beleskey_bounces_back_into_lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad