Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Ryan White to PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Providence can sign him to a PTO. It would only be good for 25 games and you can sign him to that twice.

I guess White wasn't interested in that given that he has NHL and KHL interest he can pursue. I don't disagree with him either, he PTOs at Providence and gets hurt, he's hosed.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
The current GM as well as the coaching staff clearly prefers a soft, passive and non-aggressive team. I guess we may as well get used to being pushed around. It will happen tonight for sure. Bank on it.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I guess White wasn't interested in that given that he has NHL and KHL interest he can pursue. I don't disagree with him either, he PTOs at Providence and gets hurt, he's hosed.

I’m not saying there is no interest for White from other NHL teams, but if there was, why would he be staying with the B’s just for a per diem at this point?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I’m not saying there is no interest for White from other NHL teams, but if there was, why would he be staying with the B’s just for a per diem at this point?

Just going on the article Wally posted- possibly he's had some 2-way type offers, but if the B's have indicated that if they sign him it will be for Boston, not Providence, I could see him hanging on for a bit in hopes it works out. He's probably not hurting for money :laugh:

Reactions: Strafer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The current GM as well as the coaching staff clearly prefers a soft, passive and non-aggressive team. I guess we may as well get used to being pushed around. It will happen tonight for sure. Bank on it.

I`ll respond in more detail once I see this team actually get "pushed around" by a team to the point where it was/is the reason for this team losing

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I'm going to guess here and say that if Ryan White had a firm contract offer from an NHL team, he'd take it in a heartbeat. He'd be crazy not to.

He's probably got a few other teams willing to give him a PTO like Boston did.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Is there a time limit on a PTO? Can he play games on a PTO or does he have to sign an SPC to be eligible for games?

Either way, I feel like it's time to shit or get off the pot here. They signed him to a PTO almost a month ago. That's twice as long as a training camp so it's not about getting him up to speed anymore.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Is there a time limit on a PTO? Can he play games on a PTO or does he have to sign an SPC to be eligible for games?

Either way, I feel like it's time to **** or get off the pot here. They signed him to a PTO almost a month ago. That's twice as long as a training camp so it's not about getting him up to speed anymore.

He has to sign a SPC to be eligible to play in an NHL game.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
This is the softest, most boring bruin team I have ever seen. I was afraid when Cassidy got a hold of this team he would turn them into boy scouts and between him and dealer Donnie they have put a team I find insulting to everything the Bruins have ever stood for on the ice.

It is almost enough for me to hope JJ gets his way and when they don't make the playoffs Cassidy and Sweeney get fired and can go manage a mites team in Sweden.

Looking forward to Wilson and Peluso slapping this team around tonight.

Win or lose its painful trying to watch this team of smurfs and wimps

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This is the softest, most boring bruin team I have ever seen. I was afraid when Cassidy got a hold of this team he would turn them into boy scouts and between him and dealer Donnie they have put a team I find insulting to everything the Bruins have ever stood for on the ice.

It is almost enough for me to hope JJ gets his way and when they don't make the playoffs Cassidy and Sweeney get fired and can go manage a mites team in Sweden.

Bruins lead the league in fighting majors.

Peluso has played a total of 2 games (for a grand total of 9 mins combined) and wasn't dressed last game for them.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Bruins lead the league in fighting majors.

Peluso has played a total of 2 games (for a grand total of 9 mins combined) and wasn't dressed last game for them.

All they need is Wilson then. They can leave Peluso here for Czarnik.

I ike the D, a more accurate statement regarding the wimpines of this team would be in reference to the forwards

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
All they need is Wilson then. They can leave Peluso here for Czarnik.

I ike the D, a more accurate statement regarding the wimpines of this team would be in reference to the forwards

It's not the most rough-and-tumble group of forwards, I don't disagree with you there.

As has been discussed multiple times in the past month, if fail to see how

A) They can do anything immediately to change that in terms of bringing in a forward who can skate/hit/fight. Where are they getting this guy?

B) Dressing one forward such as a Peluso on the 4th line for 4 mins a game does anything to really change that either.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Dude literally what is with your negativity. Every post almost. There is enough negativity in this world. I’m a guy who comes here to have some somewhat rational discussion about our team and of course there will be some down times but it’s just the sky is falling with you. And it’s the same rhetoric every time you post. I love the guys and gals here who wanna try to look on the good we got going here. Which let me tell you the needle on this team is going positive for the future of this team. It’s not your brand of hockey so it seems you think otherwise. Sweeney has fixed the biggest hole this team has had the last several years. Actually drafting and developing NHL talent that can play and contribute. These last few years of this and these great and knowledgeable posters here got me to stop lurking here and start posting.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

Living in the past is cool but 1974 is ova, why even bother watching the sport. Man you must be so frustrated, just go watch youtube and some world star fights.

Nothing was more boring then watching a claude game the last few years, hey lets try to win in OT = 1-0, yeah fun. Keep dumping, no chasing, back up, dump it out, cycle down low put it to the dee to get the shot blocked by the other teams forwards, rinse repeat.

Last edited:
Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Love physical hockey (and non-staged fights), but the game has changed/is changing.

The stuff that we did when we were kids is no longer being tolerated in youth leagues and the same is happening in the Pros. Guys that you keep talking about like Peluso are ****ing useless, and would be more of a detriment to the team than a benefit. I would love it if the B's had a Josh Anderson or Wayne Simmonds type player, but they don't right now.

At the end of the day, I am a Bruin's fan and I have zero tolerance for supposed "fans" that root for their home team to get "slapped around" by an opponent, just because I'm unhappy with the current composition of the team.

Couldn't have said it better. There will always be players we don't like or decisions by the coach or front office that bother us, but at the end of the day, we should be Bruins fans and want our team to do well whatever we feel about the look to us at the moment. It would also be nice if we could get past this whole "Bruins Hockey" thing as if the way the team played in the 1970s is some sort of gold standard. No team plays like that anymore- it isn't possible under the current league rules, or frankly, with the way skills and speed have developed. Not to mention that "The Big Bad Bruins" went out drinking the night before the game, played with hangovers and concussions, smoked cigarettes, what have you. It is nice to have a culture and a history, but not to the point where it colors your view about the team you support to the point that all you can do is rag on it when it falls short of some mythical standard. I want our team to win, win cups, and if they can get there with a "lunchpail" team or with a high flying run and gun hockey, either way works for me :thumbu:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I still have center ice, I watch team' play a much more physical, exciting brand of hockey than this Bruins team.

As far as the slapped around comment,look t it like so many on here look at prospects, a little pain for today for a brighter future. Cassidy and Sweeney getting fired is the ultimate goal, I can't stand either and look forward to their eventual dismissals.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I couldn't agree more with this. I'm actually going to laugh tonight when they get pushed around and I'm likely the biggest Bruins fan ever. It's an absolute disgrace what has happened to this once proud and tough team.
I also look forward to their dismissals.
Look on the bright side, that Heinen sure is fast!!
You sir are a disgrace of a fan for them wanting to fail. It’s like wanting the pilot to crash the plane your on. You really need to realize it’s 2017 not 1993. And the Bs are second in hits per game only behind Edmonton. Arizona is 3rd.

Last edited:

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA

You're seeing what you want to see. The Bruins are around the top of the league in fighting majors and hits. They aren't the toughest team in the league anymore but it's a huge stretch to call them soft.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
[
I still have center ice, I watch team' play a much more physical, exciting brand of hockey than this Bruins team.

As far as the slapped around comment,look t it like so many on here look at prospects, a little pain for today for a brighter future. Cassidy and Sweeney getting fired is the ultimate goal, I can't stand either and look forward to their eventual dismissals.

Just curious.... If you were the GM of an NHL franchise, what would your ideal lineup look like? You can pick any players on the 31 NHL teams. I don't care how the players were acquired. Just be realistic. Very interested to see how you'd construct a lineup.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
The league got soft. The Bruins are still on the higher end of toughness in the modern league but it doesn't compare to the NHL most of us grew up on. I agree they need a bit more sandpaper up front but this is far from the softest team in the league and nothing near the pathetic, no-passion mess that the 2006-07 Bruins were with Dave Lewis.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Every time you post, one question pops into my head. Today I guess, is the day to finally ask.

With Cassidy, he has to play who he's given, so it is hard to find blame with him. But, if you recall when Sweeney was hired, the one, the only, the best power forward the game has ever seen and one of the toughest players ever to put on the black and gold, said that during the interview process, Sweeney's direction fit exactly where the team wanted to go.

That someone: Cam Neely.

So, as the guy with the description I gave above sees things changing, and set the direction this team was going to head in, why don't you include him on the list?

You can fire Sweeney and Cassidy, but Neely sets the direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->