Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Ryan White to PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
First you need to pay great scouts, Bruins don't. Second Sweeney just seems lost and considering the "hockey" trades he has made it may be for the best he isn't eager to make one. If you want to change philosophies and follow the league with the "Speed is king" (we won't go into the fact that even skilled and fast teams have more gritty forwards than the Bruins) you need to do a much better job of scouting and drafting, stop reaching for players in the first round who probably will be there in the second, maximize your picks if you identify a player you like who is ranked outside the first round and trade down and acquire assets.

Sweeney has yet to make a move that has impressed me, his leash will not be that long.

Oh and Tyler Randell is a very nice fit on any teams 4th line and they never should have just let him go, once again maximizing assets, especially in the off season. Ideally our current fourth line would be Kuraly-Nash-Randell.

Randell is not in this organization, why are we constantly highlighting him then, all of a sudden at least 50 more jobs opened with Vegas aboard

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
First you need to pay great scouts, Bruins don't. Second Sweeney just seems lost and considering the "hockey" trades he has made it may be for the best he isn't eager to make one. If you want to change philosophies and follow the league with the "Speed is king" (we won't go into the fact that even skilled and fast teams have more gritty forwards than the Bruins) you need to do a much better job of scouting and drafting, stop reaching for players in the first round who probably will be there in the second, maximize your picks if you identify a player you like who is ranked outside the first round and trade down and acquire assets.

Sweeney has yet to make a move that has impressed me, his leash will not be that long.

Oh and Tyler Randell is a very nice fit on any teams 4th line and they never should have just let him go, once again maximizing assets, especially in the off season. Ideally our current fourth line would be Kuraly-Nash-Randell.

Yes, that's why Randell hasn't played an NHL game since March 2016 and was sent to Belleville after EVERY OTHER TEAM declined to claim him on waivers.

The scouting community really missed the boat on him. (Sarcasm

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Ryan White is not going to add anything to this team. It's the Rinaldo experiment by a different name. Just forget about it already. Signings like this might be "low risk", but they annoy me as much as the true mistakes like not trading Loui at the deadline.
Aren't we paying Rinaldo still?

EDIT: Looked him up, looks like he's played a game for Arizona this season.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yes, that's why Randell hasn't played an NHL game since March 2016 and was sent to Belleville after EVERY OTHER TEAM declined to claim him on waivers.

The scouting community really missed the boat on him. (Sarcasm

But, but, he punches people!!

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
After seeing Schaller getting hammered by Gudbranson and Miller losing to the smaller Dorsett, I think we need to add some toughness in White whether he wins them or not.
It's not like we can't afford to sit a gem like Nash or Vatrano.

Reactions: Fenian24

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
After seeing Schaller getting hammered by Gudbranson and Miller losing to the smaller Dorsett, I think we need to add some toughness in White whether he wins them or not.
How did Miller lose? Did you watch the fight? He was taking shots when his arm was trapped but one he got it free he crushed him with his first punch to the back of his head and then stuffed him to the ice.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
How did Miller lose? Did you watch the fight? He was taking shots when his arm was trapped but one he got it free he crushed him with his first punch to the back of his head and then stuffed him to the ice.
Hitting a guy in the back of the head and then falling on him does not equal a win in my book. Good on Miller for tying, but he lost.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Hitting a guy in the back of the head and then falling on him does not equal a win in my book. Good on Miller for tying, but he lost.
You've never been in a fight then. Miller had him after that first punch. He could have hit him a lot more and then suplex him if he wanted to

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Could use a player like Ryan White tonight
I do think teams need guys with toughness and grit. I’m just not the biggest fan of this guy. I’m someone who is really high on Anton Blidh. I’m hoping they put him in the 4th line mix at some point.

I understand Blidh is not a fighter. More of a pain in the ass.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Beating..a...dead...horse.

Sweeney is not afraid to spend money, he has done nothing but add to the scouting staff since he took over as GM. It has been primarily on the amateur side, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Pro side is next.

As far as Randell goes, he’s an honest hard working player, but has been primarily an AHL player for the majority of his career. If he’s a regular in your 4th line, you probably aren’t a great team.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
K.Miller did fine in his tussle and Schaller did the right thing and gets props for going after a much bigger player and better fighter.

I still say for a fourth line player getting 9-11 minutes a night Ryan white should be added to the rotation of the 12-14 forwards. If he never drops his gloves, based purely on every other facet of his game he makes the fourth line better.

As far as Tyler Randell goes, if Frank Vatrano had his hockey sense he would be a 30 goal scorer. Randell plays a smart game, not just for his role but for any player, his skating is what has kept him from being a regular in the NHL. Again looking at the make up of the fourth line and extra forwards he would be a welcome addition, more than White. Was a decent scorer in juniors and once he dropped weight after his first pro season he became a good minor league player who is a fringe NHL player. For all the love players who are the equivalent to 4 A baseball players get who are "fast and skilled" just not fast and skilled enough or lacking in another area of the game Randell meets that criteria, just his stumbling block is his skating.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Me and my daughter ran into Miller outside after the game - he was with wife and looks like more Millers on the way. We didn't say anything but a very happy singular fan went over and got pictures and asked him about the game. I wasn't even this excited when Sobotka said hi to me.
He made this kids night and he started walking with us for a few yards and said to me 'that was Kevin Miller' followed by 'I can't believe I met Kevan Miller,

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

You lose all credibility when you're lambasting the GM on his moves and then make a comment about how they should have never let go of a career AHL 4th liner in Tyler Randell. Sweeney has been good. Has he been perfect? No, but what GM is.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Me and my daughter ran into Miller outside after the game - he was with wife and looks like more Millers on the way. We didn't say anything but a very happy singular fan went over and got pictures and asked him about the game. I wasn't even this excited when Sobotka said hi to me.
He made this kids night and he started walking with us for a few yards and said to me 'that was Kevin Miller' followed by 'I can't believe I met Kevan Miller,

That’s usually what I say when I bump into Dan at the Garden.

“That was DKH...I cant believe I met DKH.”

:laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Predictable and inaccurate post yet again other than the Nash/Vatrano comment

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Funny coming from someone who glorifies "Dr. Hook" with your avatar. I guess you don't like violence simply someone who can "take out a mans eye with the flick of a wrist "?!?

I don't mind the rough stuff, but signing/rostering a player because he fights is silly if he brings little else to the table. Then again, you can take all of this too seriously ;)

Reactions: Strafer

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
You lose all credibility when you're lambasting the GM on his moves and then make a comment about how they should have never let go of a career AHL 4th liner in Tyler Randell. Sweeney has been good. Has he been perfect? No, but what GM is.

Keeping or losing Tyler Randell is no where near as important as screwing up deals involving guys like Hamilton and Lucic or over reaching on first round picks.

IMO there are a lot more minuses in the Sweeney regime thus far than pluses. If his biggest issue was his inability to find a solid fourth line grinder that can fight I would not be thrilled with him but that doesn't effect the future of your franchise or alter it's basic structure like some of his deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad