Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Ryan White to PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Hmm interesting. My guess is replacement for Acciari for the time being.

He's not a bad player. Decent skater, tows that line and rarely crosses it.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Thank God, at least he has some guts. White will play hard, hit and fight. Good on faceoffs as well. Becomes the toughest forward on the team by default. See ya Czarnik

I normally can't stand your posts about how we need more toughness, but White fits the bill and won't hurt the team on the ice as well.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I normally can't stand your posts about how we need more toughness, but White fits the bill and won't hurt the team on the ice as well.

It won't hurt with Noel out for a month and a half. The sad thing is that he seems to me to be what we want out of Beleskey- I don't know the player that well at all. They also recalled Heinen and he will be making the trip to Denver with them. It might be a see ya Czarnik, or ride the pines Ryan Spooner.

Reactions: northeastern

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Nice pro-active move.

With Backes and Acciari on the shelf for a month or more, there is a lack of physical play on the RW position, and a lack of physical play among the forward group in general.

If he gets squeezed out once everyone is healthy, they can send him to the AHL with no cap implications (provided he signs a contract).

Reactions: Baddkarma

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It won't hurt with Noel out for a month and a half. The sad thing is that he seems to me to b what we want out of Beleskey- I don't know the player that well at all. They also recalled Heinen and he will be making the trip to Denver with them. It might be a see ya Czarnik, or ride the pines Ryan Spooner.

Spooner isn't riding any pine unless Bergeron comes back. Who is taking his place in the top 6? At the end of the day, Ryan Spooner is more capable to produce offense over any of the other options.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
doesn't a PTO MEAN White is here but can be released at any point when everyone returns, then isn't he subjected to waivers to go to Providence?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I mentioned him being a cheap addition to the 4th line a few days ago. I like this a lot... Had 9 goals last season which is probably more than our entire 4th line.

He can play both C & W as well...

Reactions: Strafer

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Heinen the bigger news here probably. Cehlarik has to be next. White in to be a guy with some grit that shoots right-handed with Accari and Backes both out.

Pure speculation on my part, but I would have to think that Heinen takes either Beleskey's or Schaller's spot? I thought that Vatrano had a good game, but that MB and TS were very mediocre. The nice thing about Heinen is that he can play any of the F positions (and Cehlarik can play either wing).

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
doesn't a PTO MEAN White is here but can be released at any point when everyone returns, then isn't he subjected to waivers to go to Providence?

He can't play games on a PTO in the regular season. They need to sign him to put him in the line-up.

Whether he gets a one-way or two-way deal, he will need to go on waivers to be assigned to Providence unless it's a two-week conditioning stint.

They can sign him to an AHL only deal and send him to Providence, but then technically he isn't their property and can't be recalled without signing an NHL deal. He would also be free to sign with any NHL team.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He can't play games on a PTO in the regular season. They need to sign him to put him in the line-up.

Whether he gets a one-way or two-way deal, he will need to go on waivers to be assigned to Providence unless it's a two-week conditioning stint.

They can sign him to an AHL only deal and send him to Providence, but then technically he isn't their property and can't be recalled without signing an NHL deal. He would also be free to sign with any NHL team.

My guess is, they are bringing him in to see what he has left in the tank? If they like what they see, they can slot him in at 4th line RW and then send him (or Czarnik) down when Backes is healthy. He's a veteran and it would be better to have him sitting as the 13th/14th F rather than a kid who needs to play.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Pure speculation on my part, but I would have to think that Heinen takes either Beleskey's or Schaller's spot? I thought that Vatrano had a good game, but that MB and TS were very mediocre. The nice thing about Heinen is that he can play any of the F positions (and Cehlarik can play either wing).
It isn't saying much but thought Beleskey was one of there better players yesterday.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My guess is, they are bringing him in to see what he has left in the tank? If they like what they see, they can slot him in at 4th line RW and then send him (or Czarnik) down when Backes is healthy. He's a veteran and it would be better to have him sitting as the 13th/14th F rather than a kid who needs to play.

I think you're right.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Surprised with the move. Of mixed mind on its merits. Understand the grit related comments however have never been a fan of the player and what he adds to a line up. Would much rather see a young player given an opportunity at filling the spot. It is a low risk transaction and arguably also low reward.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It isn't saying much but thought Beleskey was one of there better players yesterday.

I thought Beleskey looked OK in a game where the majority of B's players looked like ass. Vatrano stood out to me. Given the state of play yesterday, that doesn't mean a whole helluva lot, but if I had to choose between Frankie and Beleskey playing, I would go with 72.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Surprised with the move. Of mixed mind on its merits. Understand the grit related comments however have never been a fan of the player and what he adds to a line up. Would much rather see a young player given an opportunity at filling the spot. It is a low risk transaction and arguably also low reward.

My counter to this is that they are already giving plenty of young players opportunities.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

I agree with the current direction that a young player with a similar make up would be preferable but the problem is they don't have one of those ready and really only have two forward prospects that match the description, Gabrielle and Frederic. Kuraly-Nash-White is a decent fourth line, Heinen I'm sure has been brought in to replace Czarnik. Not a fan of his game but at least he is bigger.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
f***ing hated him on the Habs which means I'd probably love him on the Bruins. Dude's a banger, can skate and it'll at least give us a forward who can throw hands on occasion.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Ryan White is hard worker and a guy you can fit in on any wing. I like this hopefully the sign him

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
My counter to this is that they are already giving plenty of young players opportunities.

I agree. Having an extra forward who is a vet isn't a bad thing. I will start to be upset when we see 4th line grinders getting third line minutes. I want speed and skill on the 3rd line.

I'm still uhhndecised the type of 4th line I want to see but with backes out grit is needed and white can bring it. He is a good addition to the 4th line.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Always hated this guy especially when he played for the Habs but he can be a useful player, hits everything that moves, decent skater and not bad hands for a 4th liner. Fans will instantly love this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad