Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Ryan White to PTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You sir are a disgrace of a fan for them wanting to fail. It’s like wanting the pilot to crash the plane your on. You really need to realize it’s 2017 not 1993. And the Bs are second in hits per game only behind Edmonton. Arizona is 3rd.

Not to get too far off topic, but you have to wonder if being high on the hits per game stat is a good thing or a bad thing.

Because the teams that bookend them at sitting 28th and 31st overall right now.

Does being high in the average hits mean that they are a hard team to play against? Or does it simply mean they don't have the puck very much and are spending too much time chasing it?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
[

Just curious.... If you were the GM of an NHL franchise, what would your ideal lineup look like? You can pick any players on the 31 NHL teams. I don't care how the players were acquired. Just be realistic. Very interested to see how you'd construct a lineup.

Out with wife and granddaughter will answer this when I get home

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Not to get too far off topic, but you have to wonder if being high on the hits per game stat is a good thing or a bad thing.

Because the teams that bookend them at sitting 28th and 31st overall right now.

Does being high in the average hits mean that they are a hard team to play against? Or does it simply mean they don't have the puck very much and are spending too much time chasing it?

That's a good point, honestly, and also think of how many times a player delivers a hit but doesn't come up with puck and is out of position afterwards. It is a double-edged sword- you like the banging when needed, but it isn't always what you want to see your guys doing out there.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
[

Just curious.... If you were the GM of an NHL franchise, what would your ideal lineup look like? You can pick any players on the 31 NHL teams. I don't care how the players were acquired. Just be realistic. Very interested to see how you'd construct a lineup.

Eliminating franchise players and superstars not currently with the Bruins and undoing two trade (Hamilton, Lucic) here is what we have
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Lucic-Krecji-Kreider
Ferland-Nelson-C.Brown
Wood-Grant-Stewart
Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Manson
Nurse-McQuaid
Rask
Condon

I didn't figure this out to the cap so I'm sure it's over but the only star I added was Kreider.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Eliminating franchise players and superstars not currently with the Bruins and undoing two trade (Hamilton, Lucic) here is what we have
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Lucic-Krecji-Kreider
Ferland-Nelson-C.Brown
Wood-Grant-Stewart
Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Manson
Nurse-McQuaid
Rask
Condon

I didn't figure this out to the cap so I'm sure it's over but the only star I added was Kreider.

I feel the cap would actually be realistic. I like the team. I wanted a better understanding for how you build teams. So while you like a lot of bangers, you also want guys who can play.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I feel the cap would actually be realistic. I like the team. I wanted a better understanding for how you build teams. So while you like a lot of bangers, you also want guys who can play.

I've always wanted tough that can play, my biggest issue with players are skilled players not willing to work hard or do things grinders would do for the team to succeed. I get that not everybody can pick a corner or make passes through two set of defensemans skates but everybody can block shots, hit, can go to the net and the corners and stand up for themselves and their teammates. I take a Wayne Simmonds or Nick Foligno over a Kessel any day. I believe in having a mix but all things being equal I want my top line players to be tough as well. I take Patrice Bergeron or Jonathan Toews over Tyler Seguin

Bottom six ideally are capable of playing as well as being physical.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Guessing he is going to sign that NHL deal now he had waiting?

I have to wonder if in the end it became a cap issue for the Bruins? As far as I understand it (which is not tremendously by any stretch) we have about 70k in cap space at the moment. Hard to see how you fit even a league minimum guy in there without a lot of juggling and sending down a couple of guys that you need with the current injury crisis

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I have to wonder if in the end it became a cap issue for the Bruins? As far as I understand it (which is not tremendously by any stretch) we have about 70k in cap space at the moment. Hard to see how you fit even a league minimum guy in there without a lot of juggling and sending down a couple of guys that you need with the current injury crisis

I'm by no means a capologist but I believe they are 2.35m under the cap, easily enough to sign White to a league minimum deal. I see the shadow of Sweeney and Cassidy involved here.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
One that i saw recently had them at just over 2m. That may have been before the czarnak and O'Gara call ups, either way they could have made room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad