Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign F Joonas Kemppainen from Finland

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
6`2 213lbs....I like that

Not much time wasted from Sweeney in doing something

Give Spoons the key to the 3rd, Sods is gone, betcha Kelly is too and this guy is the new 4th line centerman

Agree with all that.

Kelly is gone. Yeti is also gone unless Krejci is traded for a top-W or top-D.

Interesting signing.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
They expelled me from Oasis High School so I cant read what Kirk wrote- he have anything on this guy? Dom likes to paste and bring **** from here to there so if you can find the time to do that i'd like to read Kirk's scouting report

You're kidding, right? Chain Yanker!

PS Kirk hasn't weighed in yet.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Solid move with no major downside. This is the kind of thing that needs to be tried by a team with cap issues.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Great. A guy in Finland scores 11 goals. This is the NHL where he will get about 5 goals. I'm not thrilled.

He's not being brought here to put up points. He provides some more competition for the bottom 6, is on a 2-way deal, and is cheap. What's not to like?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He's not being brought here to put up points. He provides some more competition for the bottom 6, is on a 2-way deal, and is cheap. What's not to like?

+ 24points in 19 games in the playoffs.

+9 points in 8 games in the world championships as a bottom 6 C, he should have been our top6 C.

Great in d-play.

He will make our bottom 6 stronger.

Love this signing, got a new Finn on the team.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Blues fan coming peace.

I have only one thing to say. Kemppainen is steal with that price and could open up if you need trade somebody out if and when Joonas is taking bottom 9 spot. Great 'debt player' who can easily play higher minutes. His gamestyle fits what B holds. Got strenght, speed, good vision both end and surprisingly good hands. You are going to love him.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Blues fan coming peace.

I have only one thing to say. Kemppainen is steal with that price and could open up if you need trade somebody out if and when Joonas is taking bottom 9 spot. Great 'debt player' who can easily play higher minutes. His gamestyle fits what B holds. Got strenght, speed, good vision both end and surprisingly good hands. You are going to love him.

Thanks for the observations.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Nah, keep talbot as 13th forward since his salary is small. They need all the cap room they can get

Bruins have plenty of younger, cheaper options with upside who make the same as Talbot or less. If the top 9 stays the same I see a bunch of options to comprise forwards 10 through 13.

Kemppainen
Koko
Ferlin
Flick
Randell
Griffith
Lindblad
Phillips

Gimme any combination of 4 from the above list of players over Talbot who has zero, zero upside.

Talbot can come to training camp, but if he gets beat out by younger players then it better be waivers for him and off to Providence if he clears.

I'm sure Talbot is a good locker room guy, etc. But if he's here Claude is going to use him, a lot. He'll never be the 13th forward especially with Campbell, Paille, and hopefully Kelly gone.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Blues fan coming peace.

Thanks, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad