Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign F Joonas Kemppainen from Finland

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
6`2 213lbs....I like that

Not much time wasted from Sweeney in doing something

Give Spoons the key to the 3rd, Sods is gone, betcha Kelly is too and this guy is the new 4th line centerman

Or maybe he works in Lucic's spot with Spooner and Pasta?

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Dont want to be a downer and i dont know anything about him but...Euro's aren't really known for their aggressive physical play? Kind of opposite to what Sweeney hinted at yesterday? Or this guy is a hitting fighting machine haha

Canada always has a battle on their hands playing the Finns...always tough to play against and don't shy away from anything...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
sorry, I thought I saw/read he was/is a center man?

I'd say we are loking at our new 4th line C for next year and one of Kelly/talbot has to go, Soda is leaving after this.

Talbot-Kemppainen-Kelly line would kill Kemppainen's offensive game.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Seriously, try to fish Matt Martin out of NYI. Throw Kelly their way or something, i'd love to see him wear the B.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I think if its Kelly or Talbot then Kelly goes as his cap hit is double Talbot. In a perfect worl they both go...but I like Talbot, so would feel bad if he was axed, seems like he really wants to be in Boston. Kelly/Soda/Talbot frees up 5.5million correct? Fair chunk. Add into that Campbell and Paille we're looking at about 8million in cap space if we clear out the vets + soda. Handy.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So is Kelly?

I was responding more to your post about maybe him working with Spoons and Pasta

Does this guy also play LW?

I don`t want any more players playing outside of their natural positions to be honest. Move Kelly, let this guy take over the 4th, sorry for the confusion

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think if its Kelly or Talbot then Kelly goes as his cap hit is double Talbot. In a perfect worl they both go...but I like Talbot, so would feel bad if he was axed, seems like he really wants to be in Boston. Kelly/Soda/Talbot frees up 5.5million correct? Fair chunk. Add into that Campbell and Paille we're looking at about 8million in cap space if we clear out the vets + soda. Handy.

well, not sure if your being serious or sarcastic but if there is one very clear thing the Islanders are missing it`s solid playoff experience

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Fine by me. The only thing is, I hope he throes his weight around.

They expelled me from Oasis High School so I cant read what Kirk wrote- he have anything on this guy? Dom likes to paste and bring **** from here to there so if you can find the time to do that i'd like to read Kirk's scouting report

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012

Almost quadruple Talbot**. 3 mil for Kelly, 800k for Talbot. There's no reason Kelly should be here over Talbot at this point really.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
well, not sure if your being serious or sarcastic but if there is one very clear thing the Islanders are missing it`s solid playoff experience

How could that be sarcastic haha we have enough playoff experience with Looch/Krejci/Bergeron//Marchand/Rask we dont need it with aging plugs. But I didn't know Talbot was only on 800k, if thats the case, and he fits, he can stay. I thought he was on 1.5, strooth.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Lots to like:

Size
Speed
Skills
Cheap
27y

He gives option. Either as an upgrade on the 4th line, as 13F, in Providence or as a camp surprise next to Marchand-Bergy.

Never bad to have options like these.

Let's now see who else Sweeney liked when scouting the last few years...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad