Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign F Joonas Kemppainen from Finland

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
That is never gonna happen. Donskoi is solid top 6 player and he is only 22 years old. Even Barkov said that "Donskoi is maybe most talented player in WC tournament"

How did we overlook him? Or has he been signed with Sharks for a long time?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
How did we overlook him? Or has he been signed with Sharks for a long time?

Just before Kemppainen, I'm not quite sure was he signed just before they named Sweeney as gm.

size-Kemppainen-Donskoi would have been one of the best scoring 4th lines in the league next year.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Just before Kemppainen, I'm not quite sure was he signed just before they named Sweeney as gm.

size-Kemppainen-Donskoi would have been one of the best scoring 4th lines in the league next year.

Find it strange they scouted and signed Kemppainen if Donskoi was available too, maybe Sharks had his rights earlier or something.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Find it strange they scouted and signed Kemppainen if Donskoi was available too, maybe Sharks had his rights earlier or something.

He was a florida draft pick, he got signed after the world championships.

I don't know if for some reason they still weren't sure on Sweeney and were too late, 58 games 49 points in regular season, MVP playoff season with 22 points in 19 games at 22y, 8 points in 8 games in the Worlds. + great chemistry with Kemppainen, we missed on that one for sure.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015

In their various interviews both Kemppainen and Donskoi commented separately that they had many options and chose what team they want to sign with after careful consideration. I think both of them said something along the lines of "this was the team that felt like they wanted me the most." (and not just some cheap+young player, was left unsaid)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad