Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Backes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Gee Winikers let me see? Hmm oh yah I thought they gave up to much for Liles & stempniak, wanted Leberge or DeBribcat or Lindgren at 29.

Wanted Connor or Barzal in last years draft.

Would have paid Loui 6 m at the trade deadline

I realize it looks this way but I'm pretty much one of the few who didn't have cenent poured in my ears

There is probably more but I don't want to look like a hatah and associate myself with the whiney little biches[/QUOTE]

Can we get wally to make two categories of Bruins fans to see who falls on each list ? Would guess the Whiney Little *****es win.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Cute.

I wonder if any of our American players,Krug Vatrano etc look up to Backes?

It is going to be fun to watch!

Last edited:

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Oh thats it :laugh: Your sad about to many ****** american players playing for the Bruins :laugh:

Actually the opposite. American hockey is on the upswing! And Boston is hitting that wave!

That's it:laugh:

Backes makes everyone better from a motivational standpoint! I think of Belesky getting some help on the frontline, and it all makes sense!

Last edited:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
The million dollar question.

It's so close, but style and team need are in Backes' favor imo.

Look at Vancouver. They obviously needed a Backes but they got a Loui. Loui is redundant , especially on a team like Vancouver

Vancouver needed a third line center but got a first line winger? We now need a first line winger

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Vancouver needed a third line center but got a first line winger? We now need a first line winger

Main prob is waiting for youth on both ends.

Wouldn't it be amazing if our D rose to the occasion this year. We have some serious pieces up front!

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC

yeah, i'm not sure what the other guy was getting at, but Loui should be a great fit for the Canucks, easily the best 3rd guy the Sedins have ever had. And if there is no chemistry there he'll be solid anywhere they do put him

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
yeah, i'm not sure what the other guy was getting at, but Loui should be a great fit for the Canucks, easily the best 3rd guy the Sedins have ever had. And if there is no chemistry there he'll be solid anywhere they do put him
Like, not make the playoffs solid?

Are the Canucks your team? It's ok.

Last edited:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Just came back from out of town to find out Backes is now a Bruin.

A tough character guy who will make opposing players keep their heads up and will make more open ice for his linemates, and can also play C/RW.

Except for the 5 year contract, what's not to like?

Welcome to Boston David!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
It would be far more scary if the B's don't sign Brad. GET IT DONE DON :rant:

Sweeney on Marchand extension: "We will pick up in a timely fashion. We will be exploring completing that with Brad in short order."
6:14 PM - 1 Jul 2016

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015

Wouldn't it be amazing if our D rose to the occasion this year. We have some serious pieces up front!
I hope we dont sacrifice our youth for a win now mentality that will turn you into an old basement team that can't clear crap cap hits.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I hope we dont sacrifice our youth for a win now mentality that will turn you into an old basement team that can't clear crap cap hits.

...at least those calling for a full rebuild would get the 2-3 years they want. ;)

Forced, is the only way I could ever see full rebuild happening.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Jul 3, 2013
5 years $30 million seems a bit much, but Backes does fit in well with the Bruins style of play, and if he could give you 3 good seasons, you could probably trade him his 4th season.

kutskova

Nov 5, 2006
5 years $30 million seems a bit much, but Backes does fit in well with the Bruins style of play, and if he could give you 3 good seasons, you could probably trade him his 4th season.

I'm curious as to where he will play. Can't believe he ends up a 3rd line center, if so what about spooner? Trade bait for d-man Maybe Rw for Bergeron?(backes)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm curious as to where he will play. Can't believe he ends up a 3rd line center, if so what about spooner? Trade bait for d-man Maybe Rw for Bergeron?(backes)

much depends on Spooner himself IMO, if Spooner struggles getting the puck out of his own zone or defensively, not a bad thing to have a guy like Backes be able to slide into that spot, shift Spoons to the wall to help

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
much depends on Spooner himself IMO, if Spooner struggles getting the puck out of his own zone or defensively, not a bad thing to have a guy like Backes be able to slide into that spot, shift Spoons to the wall to help

In the next 2 years the Bruins will probably - they better, to a man to man defensive game. There can't till Chara is gone and Claude said it yesterday in the Boston Globe

Spooner is soooooo much more geared for a man to man system than than the current one used

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
In the next 2 years the Bruins will probably - they better, to a man to man defensive game. There can't till Chara is gone and Claude said it yesterday in the Boston Globe

Spooner is soooooo much more geared for a man to man system than than the current one used

Agreed, and by that time (fingers crossed) this team will have some kids on that back end, all who have some wheels, that could dish that puck up ice quickly and not require the C-man to constantly drop down to help them

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

The D resolves around Chara so asking Morrow and C Miller to play that style is going to be interesting

The guy who is much maligned who can do it is Kevan Miller and my opinion Cross. For one year Wideman would be ok with it and played for Julien. Wides can also move the puck

The colorization and up tempo Ducks style can't take place until Chara is gone and they can switch

I love Chara but he absolutely can not cover man on man he's a zone guy

Think of football secondaries

Chara can't stay with guys but is good between the dots

You also can't move him because of contract and iconic status plus many other teams don't play zone

They can win with Chara but the zone system to me makes Kevan Miller more valuable than Colin Miller or Joe Morrow

I think Cross is disciplined and good enough to play the Claude system well

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
How about this for a line. Spooner Backes Pastnak

I could dig that line.

I want Spooner to have at least one player on his line who can skate with him. That's Pastrnak. Give Claude his center ice safety valve in Backes.

And I've never been a huge fan of Krejci/Pastrnak. I just find the way Krejci slows the game down doesn't fit higher pace that Pastrnak wants to play at.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The D resolves around Chara so asking Morrow and C Miller to play that style is going to be interesting

The guy who is much maligned who can do it is Kevan Miller and my opinion Cross. For one year Wideman was ok with it and played for Julien.

The colorization and up tempo Ducks style can't take place until Chara is gone and they can switch

Cross is the player many make fun of here due to his 11 straight D Camp invites:sarcasm: and although he played a handful of games with the B`s last year, I`m pretty sure I was only able to catch one of them. Does he have mobility? What game does he bring?

Thx in advance

kutskova

Nov 5, 2006

In the mean time I would like to believe spooner has enough hockey IQ to be adequate defensivly.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
In the mean time I would like to believe spooner has enough hockey IQ to be adequate defensivly.

he`s improved but still not where a centerman needs to be within this particular system, it`s one that demands alot of it`s C-men and a guy like Backes is a luxury as CJ can slide him down to take on defensive faceoffs if Spoons is having a game where he`s struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad