Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Backes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
haha, Bruinator --beat you by 20 seconds!

Bob said originally that it was a 1 year deal. He is working on getting the proper details now...

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Backes 5 years at 6 million, 37 years old when contract ends

vs.
Lucic 7 x 6, 35 when contract ends
Loui 6 x 6, 36 when contract ends
Okposo 7 x 6, 35 when contract ends

how they hell were they not able to meet Loui's demands and then go sign an older, worse player for the same money?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Jesus... 6 million per???

Anyways... Backes, text Shattenkirk, see what he'll sign for, get confirmation, trade Spooner for Shattenkirk.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
A lot of money for a guy who slots as the N°3 C with a lot of wear and tear and losing footspeed.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Backes 5 years at 6 million, 37 years old when contract ends

vs.
Lucic 7 x 6, 35 when contract ends
Loui 6 x 6, 36 when contract ends
Okposo 7 x 6, 35 when contract ends

how they hell were they not able to meet Loui's demands and then go sign an older, worse player for the same money?

Move Lucic because he won't resign and fear long term repercussions.
Don't re-sign Eriksson because he wants 6 years.

Sign an older, powerforward for a long contract and same money as the other players?

I like Backes. But... I have a feeling this one is going to bight them later on.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
Backes up the middle with Bergeron is much better than Loui on the wing... lets be serious... Backes can also play RW and he is much more physical than Loui... I am all for Backes...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
A lot of money for a guy who slots as the N°3 C with a lot of wear and tear and losing footspeed.

true to a degree but I do like that they B`s have Backes as a 3C, this and the fact that he`ll now be in the East, not typically as physical of a Conference and less travel. I`ll wait to see what the deal says, if there is a NTC in the last year or two I`m not a massive fan, if there`s an out after the 3rd year, this is the price for players who bring what Backes brings

Liles just re-signed too says Freidman

cue the duck boats:yo:

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
haha, Bruinator --beat you by 20 seconds!

Bob said originally that it was a 1 year deal. He is working on getting the proper details now...

I knew I should have paid more attention in Typing class in High School! They told me it would come backes to haunt me!:rant:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This is just another move that right now doesn't make any sense.
This has potential to be absolutely brutal.

Lou is 1 year younger, IQ player and they refused to go for more than 4 years, and now they go 5/6M for Backes :help:
Krejci/Bergeron/Backes on heavy contracts while they all are over 30y.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->