Proposal: Bruins Rumors, Trade and Call up suggestions. PART2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So his series of moves is singular I guess? LOL :laugh:

This is why you can't believe a word the guy says. The whole "reason" per PC they moved JB was to create space to add a forward. Now they're not adding, so the question is now back to why did the move Boychuk? And people here continue to not question WTF this guy is doing? Laughable.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
His track record at bettering this team in season sucks. He went for it one year, and guess what, it worked...and he overpaid in both those deals..:laugh:

Then again he won a Cup so endless leash...:)

He tried to acquire Jarome Iginla in 2013, and actually had him, if it weren't for Iginla. Not his fault. That's certainly going for it. And he still acquired Jaromir Jagr, a guy who, you know, is still putting up 70 points a year. The fact that CJ completely mismanaged him is a separate story. But whatever. Believe what you will.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
His track record at bettering this team in season sucks. He went for it one year, and guess what, it worked...and he overpaid in both those deals..:laugh:

If you say so Lou. I don't have an endless leash, but please tell me over the last 5 years, who is better than Boston? LA and CHI for sure, but who else?

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The opportunity to snag Eberle reasonably as Haggs wrote last week (although I said it here weeks ago) went away with Boychuk. Were there talks? Don't take my word for it, but more knowledgeable people than I said the two teams had discussions early in the summer. But who was involved is the million dollar question :laugh:

None of the offers I see posted here even draws Edmonton to the table. You seriously want Eberle, your talking one of three players no one here is willing to part with and even then, both are adding and it becomes a BLOCKBUSTER in a multi player deal.

You want Edmonton to throw Eberle on the table now, you start with Hamilton or Krejci or Rask. From there it expands and you have a blockbuster deal.

Nothing else draws Edmonton's interest except Bergeron - and he's a Bruin for life, and maybe, MAYBE Krug.

You really mean to tell me "They have to take Eriksson or Kelly" isn't a realistic starting point? This board tells me that's how trade negotiations work :laugh:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I like Perron more than most, but dealing Marchand for him is just robbing Peter to pay Paul. Fills a hole on one side and creates one on the other. Same story if you dealt Loui for him (to a lesser extent). He's under contract for one more year at $3.8m, while Marchand has two more at $4.5m.

If EDM would do it for Camobell and a prospect or pick I would go for that, but not Marchand.

This is exactly how I feel. Same reason I never understood the Marchand for Evander Kane proposals too. If you can add one of those guys without significantly subtracting from the line-up; then you do that.

I would imagine that you could get Perron for the right package of picks and prospects. My fear is that I think this team needs defense more than it needs a right wing.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
This is why you can't believe a word the guy says. The whole "reason" per PC they moved JB was to create space to add a forward. Now they're not adding, so the question is now back to why did the move Boychuk? And people here continue to not question WTF this guy is doing? Laughable.

He made a comment 10 games into the ****ing season. Jesus christ you are insufferable sometimes. :laugh:

I forgot half the league is sellers 10 games into the season. If he doesn't make a trade come trade deadline, then sure, criticize the hell out of him and question WTF he is doing. But he made a comment at a press conference, big ****ing deal. That automatically means "Oh, no chance he does anything, typical Chia" now? He never said he was going to immediately make a move for a forward. And again, teams aren't just selling right now. Wait a few months when teams are actually out of it and consider themselves sellers. Players become available. You acquire one then.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This is why you can't believe a word the guy says. The whole "reason" per PC they moved JB was to create space to add a forward. Now they're not adding, so the question is now back to why did the move Boychuk? And people here continue to not question WTF this guy is doing?
Laughable.

All Chia said that the JB deal was the first in a series of planned moves. There was never any time frame expressed, not should there be. What purpose would that serve?

Just as laughable as not questioning anything, is questioning EVERYTHING! Guy can't take a piss without some of you offering a critique.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You want Edmonton to throw Eberle on the table now, you start with Hamilton or Krejci or Rask. From there it expands and you have a blockbuster deal.

Nothing else draws Edmonton's interest except Bergeron - and he's a Bruin for life, and maybe, MAYBE Krug.

Thankfully I don't really want Eberle much. Good grief the Bruins would be insane to give up any of those players for Eberle, even if Edmonton added significantly

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

He "went for it" again last year with the Iginla deal, but that didn't work out. Most of the time, it doesn't, for any GM, especially with deadline deals. Fans love to point out the great deals for "the final piece" that secures a Cup, but the vast majority of those moves achieve nothing. Look at the Blues for the latest example - more than a few pundits were awarding them the Cup after they traded for Miller.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He made a comment 10 games into the ****ing season. Jesus christ you are insufferable sometimes. :laugh:

I forgot half the league is sellers 10 games into the season. If he doesn't make a trade come trade deadline, then sure, criticize the hell out of him and question WTF he is doing. But he made a comment at a press conference, big ****ing deal. That automatically means "Oh, no chance he does anything, typical Chia" now? He never said he was going to immediately make a move for a forward. And again, teams aren't just selling right now. Wait a few months when teams are actually out of it and consider themselves sellers. Players become available. You acquire one then.

Just sometimes? I must not be doing this right then...:naughty:

He sold the trade as the first step in a multiple step process. 2 weeks later, he's saying there is no second piece. That's *********. I don't care what he does at the deadline, he positioned an unpopular trade to the fanbase by saying they'd be more, and he inferred it would be sooner rather than later. Now he's flat out contradicting that statement. Even if he goes out and gets something else at some point, Seth ****ing Griffith is your top line RW today. That's not good enough. Ever.

sisu

Jun 2, 2008
boston, ma
Agreed on both Stewart and Perron

He`s a good player (Perron) and funny enough, he`s done something Stewart hasn`t, he`s cracked the 20 goal mark more than once

Fans here talking about a top 6 winger who can put the puck in the net, 2009 is the last season Stewart has put up anywhere near a season where one could say he`s a scorer

Can`t recall the last time I`ve watched a game where Stewart is playing where I even noticed he was dressed, now, in all fairness, I don`t tend to tune into Sabres games but I have watched a fair amount of Blues games as I enjoy their style and when he was there, half the time......crickets

while i don't think he's the second coming, he's actually done it twice - put up 28 in 10-11, but it was spread over two teams which is probably why it slipped by.

he also put up 18 in 48 during the shortened season, so i reckon he has essentially done it 3x - and that's a 30g pace over a full season for arguments sake.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Just my two cents worth but Chiarelli talk belongs in the Chiarelli thread. But I will say this. It's a chess game he's playing with words. If I have to explain what that means, well I don't have the time.

But here's a post from September 5, 2014 on these very boards. You can figure out for yourself who wrote it

Forget the cap for a minute - this is just an example - If Boychuk+ (prospects that aren't going to be on the team - and that includes Spooner or Koko) were traded to Edmonton for Eberle, are the Bruins stronger with Eberle on the first line and allowing Eriksson to go back with Soderberg and then have Bartkowski play with Seidenberg? Especially with their strong team defense? Or are they stronger with Gagne making the team playing the RW with Soderberg? Or a kid there while still having Boychuk on d - a guy you may not be able to sign beyond this season?

And this my friends (and enemies too) is where the Eberle talk began.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
All Chia said that the JB deal was the first in a series of planned moves. There was never any time frame expressed, not should there be. What purpose would that serve?

Just as laughable as not questioning anything, is questioning EVERYTHING! Guy can't take a piss without some of you offering a critique.

Yep. Just like he can't take a piss without you calling it champagne...:naughty:

He is the single most overrated GM in the league. Period. Not even kidding here. One cup win is enough to give the guy carte blanche for life, apparently...

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
I know this is off topic, but I find it kind of funny that a guy who's cracked the 30 goal barrier once in his career, on an offensive minded team, is now considered elite talent...

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
He tried to acquire Jarome Iginla in 2013, and actually had him, if it weren't for Iginla. Not his fault. That's certainly going for it. And he still acquired Jaromir Jagr, a guy who, you know, is still putting up 70 points a year. The fact that CJ completely mismanaged him is a separate story. But whatever. Believe what you will.

I'll believe what I see. Chiarelli has years where he just doesn't get anything done to improve the team (for whatever reason)...Hey,it's hard work maybe deals just aren't there to be made..but here's my problem...

Boychuk says he was never asked about what it would take to remain here... Everyone chimes is, 'He's a smart guy, didn't need to "... Then he says something stupid like he's happy with our RW situation (a flat out excuse to do nothing), and Everyone says "He's brilliant he's faking the other GM's out"

Yeah ok. Like they are like, man, why would Chia want a legit RW1 when he has Seth Griffith... let's reduce our demands...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just my two cents worth but Chiarelli talk belongs in the Chiarelli thread. But I will say this. It's a chess game he's playing with words. If I have to explain what that means, well I don't have the time.

But here's a post from September 5, 2014 on these very boards. You can figure out for yourself who wrote it

And this my friends (and enemies too) is where the Eberle talk began.

Are you suggesting we shouldn't take his words at face value, Dom?? :laugh:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I know this is off topic, but I find it kind of funny that a guy who's cracked the 30 goal barrier once in his career, on an offensive minded team, is now considered elite talent...

loui-eriksson-hockey-headshot-photo.jpg

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not worried about that, worried about five years going forward...:)

*leash wasn't for you BTW you hold him accountable.

Ericsson, smith. Fraser, and Morrow for Eberle

member 96824

He "went for it" again last year with the Iginla deal, but that didn't work out. Most of the time, it doesn't, for any GM, especially with deadline deals. Fans love to point out the great deals for "the final piece" that secures a Cup, but the vast majority of those moves achieve nothing. Look at the Blues for the latest example - more than a few pundits were awarding them the Cup after they traded for Miller.

What is your point here?

We shouldnt make deadline moves because they usually dont work out? Or is it something else?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Agreed, just saying not sure Chiarelli always puts his foot on the pedal. ...He needs to address weaknesses earlier then..

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
What is your point here?

We shouldnt make deadline moves because they usually dont work out? Or is it something else?

It's nothing more than excuse mongering to cover up the failure of PC at last year's deadline. Throwing out blanket statements like it doesn't work out for most GM's and pointing to St. Louis' failure to win the cup after a trade doesn't change the fact that the Kings were bold at the deadline and those moves directly resulted in them winning a cup. But hey, it doesn't work out for most teams, so why bother trying to improve? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad