Proposal: Bruins Rumors, Trade and Call up suggestions. PART2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
the only incentive to trade Marchand to Vancouver would be to see the Vancouver fans' reactions :laugh:

Other than that I wouldn't do it and it would take a hell of a lot more than Vrbata to get it done.

Marchand is gonna be just fine and I have a feeling he bounces back in a big way in the playoffs.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
the only incentive to trade Marchand to Vancouver would be to see the Vancouver fans' reactions :laugh:

Other than that I wouldn't do it and it would take a hell of a lot more than Vrbata to get it done.

Marchand is gonna be just fine and I have a feeling he bounces back in a big way in the playoffs.

He better bounce back. I think if he doesn't, he'll be gone next year.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
I think if Boston really wanted to talk with Vancouver for Marchand...we'd have to look at a potential 2-2 deal.

Marchand and McQuaid for Edler and Kassian.

Not sure if salaries work; but you get the idea.

Still doesn't address our scoring woes...it actually makes it worse haha

Brad Marchand is a proven 25-goal scorer at this point in his career. Zack Kassian is a proven bust at this point in his career.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Absolutely, I am warming up to the idea.

My core consists of Lucic, Rask, Bergeron, and Chara. Outside of that...anyone is fair game to upgrade on, although Dougie is working his way in.

I want Perron, but I don't think EDM has a reason to move him unless the Bruins overpaid. He plays a game similar to Marchand...just on the RW. EDM needs more gritty players like Perron, not less...so, that means it would have to be Marchand for Eberle and I am not in love with that move either. I could see Eberle getting neutralized in the playoffs just like Marchand. The kid has minimal playoff experience going back to his junior days. Yak is an anomally but he is supposedly coming around. Do you take a chance on Yak? It is risky...almost a hail Mary, but it is an intriguing idea.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Man, with the way things are going around here, Marchand should change his name to HeHateMe.

Nah....it's not like that. Just trying to look at things from 30,000 feet as Chia would say. Marchand is a solid 25 goal scorer during the regular season, but is nearly invisible during the playoffs. Some folks, myself included, don't think he is an untouchable core player. Just tossing around the idea...what if Marchand was on the table...what would we get back?

And it is it a sound concept to trade a top 6 LW for a top 6 RW given our lack of a top line RW?

member 96824

I want Perron, but I don't think EDM has a reason to move him unless the Bruins overpaid. He plays a game similar to Marchand...just on the RW. EDM needs more gritty players like Perron, not less...so, that means it would have to be Marchand for Eberle and I am not in love with that move either. I could see Eberle getting neutralized in the playoffs just like Marchand. The kid has minimal playoff experience going back to his junior days. Yak is an anomally but he is supposedly coming around. Do you take a chance on Yak? It is risky...almost a hail Mary, but it is an intriguing idea.

I'm not sure the fit with Perron. Didn't watch much Edmonton last year, but based on his STL time...I would pass.

Stewart and Perron were the two Blues I went to STL thinking I liked and left with a bad taste in my mouth about. A little bit of Berglund too...but not as bad as those two.

Perron is a hard worker, I just dont think the issues that lead to him being undrafted the first time around have changed. Like I said, didnt see much of Edmonton though, so maybe its different now

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Nah....it's not like that. Just trying to look at things from 30,000 feet as Chia would say. Marchand is a solid 25 goal scorer during the regular season, but is nearly invisible during the playoffs. Some folks, myself included, don't think he is an untouchable core player. Just tossing around the idea...what if Marchand was on the table...what would we get back?

And it is it a sound concept to trade a top 6 LW for a top 6 RW given our lack of a top line RW?

I think that is the general rule of a trade. Seemingly equal players being exchanged for one another. I think Ebrle for Marchand would be a steal for Chia, so I think Chia wold have to throw something extra for mactavish to bite. I would never do Marchnd for Perron though.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Marchand is a Bruins player... he just is. We need to retain some sort of identity over the next few years and the Marchand + Bergeron combo is a big part of that, along with Rask etc.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I'm not sure the fit with Perron. Didn't watch much Edmonton last year, but based on his STL time...I would pass.

Stewart and Perron were the two Blues I went to STL thinking I liked and left with a bad taste in my mouth about. A little bit of Berglund too...but not as bad as those two.

Perron is a hard worker, I just dont think the issues that lead to him being undrafted the first time around have changed. Like I said, didnt see much of Edmonton though, so maybe its different now

I am a Perron fan. Watched him in Lewiston quite a bit and aside from the lack of an agitating quality, I think Perron and Marchand are almosty identical value. They have exactly the same pt/per game average over the course of their career. (.60 pts per game). He is a little bit bigger and little bit faster and more cerebral than Marchand. I just think he would be a good fit with Krejci and Lucic. Another all around skilled forward who can shoot, pass and forecheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad