Proposal: Bruins Rumors, Trade and Call up suggestions. PART2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Looch➖Krech➖Smith
(Spoon)Marchy➖Bergy➖Spoon(Marchy) Nobody wants to try this or it seems
(Spoon) (Gagne) Kelly➖Yeti➖Louie
Pies➖(Kelly)Soupy➖Gagne (Fraser)(Knight)

(1st line)
Too me this is a No brainer, we need a Snipe on that line Reilly is that, taking him off that line could actually help him cause having 3 guys that love shooting when there in the "areas" can also mean 1 sniper is getting left out.
They do share the puck well don't get me wrong and that line is nice to watch but 2nd line... has been like that for years now without Reilly Smith

(2nd line)
Having Bergy there makes this a smart move. Bergy, Marchy have a shoot 1st attitude IF there in the right scoring areas, Spooner loves gift rapping passes in those areas IDK why this so hard to try ?
Guarantee ! IF Spooner does something wrong Bergy will tell him, that's what TRUE leaders do, management knows this but reluctant to do something off the books with this kid.
Griffith (I even like him) gets full games on top line .. Give 2 games of Spooner on this line and I'm sure you'll see magic .. but hey maybe my goggles will need washing after and I'm wrong.
Guys like MSL and Savy had to start somewhere not say'n Spooners the next coming of such an such, just that the skill set is extremely high IF he figures it out at this level.

(3rd line)
I've said before and will say again, more GOLD on this line. I get it Kelly has been looking good and really if anyone skates hard on this line right now (there)going to get chances.
We can leave it but IF it falters sure hope the right move happens

(4th line)
This 4th line is like other teams 3rd liners so find some magic and work for it, pretty simple ingredients but effective, teams will get stuck in there own end wasting energy.

I'm mostly posting this cause lot of the signs pointing to Spooner ( trade bait )
Strongly feel they should have looked to the Bergy line all along
Too late ( Pre-season perfect spot for it to have happened ) Reilly Smith can play anywhere

Anyways I'm done with my :rant: thx for listening :laugh:

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North
Spooner is going to get traded by the deadline, sorry Spooner enthusiasts

Dude this does not shock me, known since they drafted him

He's basically a Bruin killer but won't play here ..mite get attacked here but on a faster roster he can do damage.
Wouldn't want him going to TB or Habs that's for sure

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North
Gormley rumors are cool don't get me wrong. I can't say this is disgusting, thinking of future with Dougie sounds awesome ( will Gormley be that guy IDK )

I would much much rather throw one of KoKo or Spooner at Tom Wilson then Gormley but that's just 1 mans opinion ;)

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
I think he is overrated by a lot here, I'm not sure he garners the return a lot expect. He has looked pretty below average (for a prospect) during his 32 games.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
I think he is overrated by a lot here, I'm not sure he garners the return a lot expect. He has looked pretty below average (for a prospect) during his 32 games.

If prospects dont score within 32 games they should all just immediately be traded. We want Marchand.... oh wait he took a while to get going.... how about a David Krejci..... oh wait same thing. You know what? If they dont score like ovechkin did than they are a bust.

32 games to judge a prospect :help: .

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I'll wager he's gone before Christmas

I don't doubt it.

The Bruins hate him and it's an absolute miracle that he doesn't (apparently) hate them yet. There's nothing else he can learn in the AHL. There's also nothing he can learn with 4 minutes of ice time on the off chance that he gets called up. He can be productive and move on with his career on almost any other team.

Really, after anyone has a bad game, Claude will say "yeah the entire team wasn't great, can't blame X". When the team has a good game, he'll come right out and say "Spooner is a liability defensively". It's SO obvious. They ****ing hate him, and he's been so loyal to us. Has worked so hard every single year and is never rewarded. Don't know how long he's going to be able to do that. It's one thing if he doesn't fit and a trade is necessary, it's another if he torture him here.

Really hope they don't repeat this process with Pastrnak and KoKo. It's just a mess for Spooner and for us. Maybe Cassidy will convert them to defensemen :sarcasm:

If prospects dont score within 32 games they should all just immediately be traded. We want Marchand.... oh wait he took a while to get going.... how about a David Krejci..... oh wait same thing. You know what? If they dont score like ovechkin did than they are a bust.

32 games to judge a prospect :help: .

Brad Marchand 2009-10: 20GP, 0G, 1G

Reilly Smith 2011-12 to 2012-2013: 40GP, 3G, 6A

member 96824

Brad Marchand 2009-10: 20GP, 0G, 1G

Reilly Smith 2011-12 to 2012-2013: 40GP, 3G, 6A

To add:

Loui Eriksson went 30 games his rookie year between goals. January 3rd to March 24th

Lucic: 23 GP, 2 points(1 goal, 1 assist)

Took Corey Perry, who you could argue is a top 3 goal scorer in the game right now 24 games to get his 2nd career goal.

etc.

etc.

etc.

etc.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I'm not saying he will be, but I wonder if Spooner can potentially be a Marchand replacement. I guess it will all depend how he progresses playing LW in Providence.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I thought we needed speed. why are we so insistent to trade it away ?

Replacing Marchand with Spooner could arguably add more speed if not the same and allows you to add speed and a scorer to the first line RW spot by trading Marchand. I'm not advocating we should trade Marchand nor am I saying Spooner is a sure fit on this team playing LW. It's just something that crossed my mind that I thought could get interesting if Spooner's play improves while playing LW in Providence, which of course we have not seen yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad