Proposal: Bruins Rumors, Trade and Call up suggestions. PART2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I would look long and hard at a Marchand for Perron deal. I've liked Perron a ton since his QMJHL days --maybe I'ma sucker for flashy players with white skates. :D

I just have a feeling that Perron would be an absolute Habs-Killer --seems like he would really get up for those games. We saw what Marchand did(n't) do against them last series.

Perron is also a LWer but shoots right so there is that option too.

Marchand
for
Perron

or

Marchand + Soderberg + Subban + Something
for
Perron and Eberle

Marchand for Perron is such a lateral move, though. I'd much rather add Perron to this lineup than swap our own little rat for him.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Not IMO. Perron plays with drive and jam. He's a lot like Marchand. Perron may go thru hot/cold streaks, but Stewart's slumps are the result of lazy, disinterested play.

Fair enough I'd trust your assessment.

The thing with Marchand is that I value the chippy/straddling the line dirty stuff on top of his skill. And I feel like we are seeing less of both. When he's the guy he was in 2011 I wouldnt trade him for two Perrons, but the current version just concerns me.

Orrthebest

May 25, 2012
Is the Eberle talk all speculation at this point? I havent had time to read all thep posts

It is not even speculation it is dreamland. Eberle is about as far from a Bruins type player as you can get and makes 6 million per. I would eat my shorts if this management had any interest at all. I have to assume that not many on this board watch the Oilers play often because if they did they would realize this. The only good thing that would come from getting him is after watching him for a few weeks I do not think I would ever see Loui and soft in the same sentence again.

member 96824

Going from Stewart to Perron.

You guys are trying to kill me arent you? :laugh:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Well, so much for Chiarelli's speech about having other moves lined up based on that quote about not seeing anything needed for the forward lines.

Unless of course he was instead insinuating that he will try the 2 steps back and 1 step forward when he goes out and trades one of the Boychuk 2nds for UFA-to-be Petry to improve our D.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Fair enough I'd trust your assessment.

The thing with Marchand is that I value the chippy/straddling the line dirty stuff on top of his skill. And I feel like we are seeing less of both. When he's the guy he was in 2011 I wouldnt trade him for two Perrons, but the current version just concerns me.

The current Marchand is still one of the top PKers in the league with more skill and speed than anyone on this team aside from maybe 3-4 players. Does Perron kill penalties? He'd be in the box for stupid penalties as often as Marchy too, right? I'm pretty sure he has a reputation as a diver also.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The current Marchand is still one of the top PKers in the league with more skill and speed than anyone on this team aside from maybe 3-4 players. Does Perron kill penalties? He'd be in the box for stupid penalties as often as Marchy too, right? I'm pretty sure he has a reputation as a diver also.

Marchand can drive me nuts at times, but man, if I have a vote, I am not dealing him unless I can get a hell of a lot better player in return (obviously in a package). Trading him for Perron would just be nuts

SgtFrenchy

Jan 9, 2012
NH

Marchand's PK skills is a good enough reason not to trade him. Trading away a big part of your PK unit isn't exactly a wise decision. Marchand has a much bigger upside than Perron.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
He scores a lot of goals coming off the right wing. RH shot that goes straight to the top line. Griffith is not a legit 1st line wing option right now in the NHL --Perron is.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Well, so much for Chiarelli's speech about having other moves lined up based on that quote about not seeing anything needed for the forward lines.

Unless of course he was instead insinuating that he will try the 2 steps back and 1 step forward when he goes out and trades one of the Boychuk 2nds for UFA-to-be Petry to improve our D.

Just a bit contradictory..... While we all realize the need for being discrete, it seems as though last years playoff loss to the Habs left Chia a smidgen mixed up. He established a team identity of "tough to play against." Then he decides that over night we need to be fast.
I'm getting the feeling that Jim Benning was the original man with a plan.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
He scores a lot of goals coming off the right wing. RH shot that goes straight to the top line. Griffith is not a legit 1st line wing option right now in the NHL --Perron is.

Scores a lot of dirty goals and pretty ones also. It's Marchand on the right side. I'd be all for that. Stands right in front of the net and plays an agitating style. Wouldn't be willing to move Soderberg for him, but definitely Eriksson or Kelly.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not IMO. Perron plays with drive and jam. He's a lot like Marchand. Perron may go thru hot/cold streaks, but Stewart's slumps are the result of lazy, disinterested play.

Agreed on both Stewart and Perron

He`s a good player (Perron) and funny enough, he`s done something Stewart hasn`t, he`s cracked the 20 goal mark more than once

Fans here talking about a top 6 winger who can put the puck in the net, 2009 is the last season Stewart has put up anywhere near a season where one could say he`s a scorer

Can`t recall the last time I`ve watched a game where Stewart is playing where I even noticed he was dressed, now, in all fairness, I don`t tend to tune into Sabres games but I have watched a fair amount of Blues games as I enjoy their style and when he was there, half the time......crickets

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I like Perron more than most, but dealing Marchand for him is just robbing Peter to pay Paul. Fills a hole on one side and creates one on the other. Same story if you dealt Loui for him (to a lesser extent). He's under contract for one more year at $3.8m, while Marchand has two more at $4.5m.

If EDM would do it for Camobell and a prospect or pick I would go for that, but not Marchand.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
It is not even speculation it is dreamland. Eberle is about as far from a Bruins type player as you can get and makes 6 million per. I would eat my shorts if this management had any interest at all. I have to assume that not many on this board watch the Oilers play often because if they did they would realize this. The only good thing that would come from getting him is after watching him for a few weeks I do not think I would ever see Loui and soft in the same sentence again.

Go back two pages. Read Doms post. Then proceed to post the video of you eating your shorts.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Are fans getting in a dither over a trade that isn't on the horizon?

GM Chiarelli recently suggested he isn't actively looking for Stewart, Eberle or anybody to fill Iginla's old spot since the team is stabilizing and playing better.

The B's have stabilized their front line over the last handful of games. They'll undoubtedly be challenged over the next four to six weeks with Zdeno Chara out of the lineup, but they seem to have found combinations that are beginning to work.

Chiarelli said last week he’s no longer feeling the need to bring in a right-wing replacement for Jarome Iginla, and that’s a good thing. “I’ve actually been happy with us up front lately,†said Chiarelli when asked if he was looking to “bolster†his forward group. “So not really . . . no.â€

Part of that happiness stems from Seth Griffith settling in with David Krejci and Milan Lucic on the top line. The 20-year-old has had points in two of his last three games, with eight shots on net. There’s also the emerging option of trying Pastrnak there, as well: The electric 18-year-old -- already showing that his skills and instincts are translating to the higher levels of hockey -- has two goals, nine points and a plus-8 in his first seven games for the Providence Bruins.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/bruins-are-smart-reject-sabres-asking-price-stewart

So his series of moves is singular I guess? LOL :laugh:

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
So his series of moves is singular I guess? LOL :laugh:

You don't play poker do ya? He should hang a sign around his neck that says I desperately need a right-handed shot RW who can finish. That will attract the attention of other GM's and allow him to make a tremendous deal for us. Maybe something like Spooner+ for Simmonds:amazed:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The opportunity to snag Eberle reasonably as Haggs wrote last week (although I said it here weeks ago) went away with Boychuk. Were there talks? Don't take my word for it, but more knowledgeable people than I said the two teams had discussions early in the summer. But who was involved is the million dollar question :laugh:

None of the offers I see posted here even draws Edmonton to the table. You seriously want Eberle, your talking one of three players no one here is willing to part with and even then, both are adding and it becomes a BLOCKBUSTER in a multi player deal.

You want Edmonton to throw Eberle on the table now, you start with Hamilton or Krejci or Rask. From there it expands and you have a blockbuster deal.

Nothing else draws Edmonton's interest except Bergeron - and he's a Bruin for life, and maybe, MAYBE Krug.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You don't play poker do ya? He should hang a sign around his neck that says I desperately need a right-handed shot RW who can finish. That will attract the attention of other GM's and allow him to make a tremendous deal for us. Maybe something like Spooner+ for Simmonds:amazed:

It's absolutely hilarious.

Chia says he has other moves planned down the road and posters scoff.

Chia says the B's aren't interested in adding a RW, and it's the Gospel according to Peter.

Can't win :laugh:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Yeah I do and any idiot knows he's desperately looking for a first line RW... He just knows he won't be able to pull it off... :laugh:

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
The opportunity to snag Eberle reasonably as Haggs wrote last week (although I said it here weeks ago) went away with Boychuk. Were there talks? Don't take my word for it, but more knowledgeable people than I said the two teams had discussions early in the summer. But who was involved is the million dollar question :laugh:

None of the offers I see posted here even draws Edmonton to the table. You seriously want Eberle, your talking one of three players no one here is willing to part with and even then, both are adding and it becomes a BLOCKBUSTER in a multi player deal.

You want Edmonton to throw Eberle on the table now, you start with Hamilton or Krejci or Rask. From there it expands and you have a blockbuster deal.

Nothing else draws Edmonton's interest except Bergeron - and he's a Bruin for life, and maybe, MAYBE Krug.

THANK YOU! :handclap:

It blows my mind the people thinking Subban and a 1st will do it. You are acquiring an elite offensive player that's just 24 years old and is locked up long term. I don't even understand where the hell Haggerty came up with his proposal though. That thing was gross.

And that'd be funny if they asked for Krug, because thats exactly what they don't need, more offensive firepower on the backend. IMO Johnny Boychuk would have helped that team out a TON. But its moot now.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It's absolutely hilarious.

Chia says he has other moves planned down the road and posters scoff.

Chia says the B's aren't interested in adding a RW, and it's the Gospel according to Peter.

Can't win :laugh:

His track record at bettering this team in season sucks. He went for it one year, and guess what, it worked...and he overpaid in both those deals..:laugh:

Then again he won a Cup so endless leash...:)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Bingo.

The three quarters for a dollar approach isn't working here :laugh:

If I'm the B's and I love Eberle, and I'm convinced that Soderberg can play Top 6 and that one of KoKo or Spooner is a sure thing...I would consider moving Krejci for Eberle (and extending Carl). I don't think it happens because the B's love DK, but I would consider it.

Lucic-Carl-Eberle
Marchand-Bergy-Smith
Kelly-Spoon/KoKo-Loui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad