Proposal: Bruins Rumors, Trade and Call up suggestions. PART2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
agreed, subban would probably be part of a deal they'd ask for with boston - but i don't see edmonton moving eberle for just future pieces. they would want either a top-2 center or top pairing defenseman that can step in right now (if they trade him, and i personally don't see it happening...plus, we don't have either of those to offer in trade, since you cannot trade hamilton or any of our top centers).

I guess losing Eberle for future prospects would give them a good excuse to tank for McDavid/Eichel

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
I guess losing Eberle for future prospects would give them a good excuse to tank for McDavid/Eichel

Without losing Eberle they are already tanking. Starting lineup for Edm next year will be three 1st lines, one 4th line and 6 bottom six defensemen (yes, I know I'm exaggerating a little). Talk about poor team construction.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Yakupov gets pissed off that reporters ask him about playing any kind of defense. Still think he'd do well here, anyone?

Marchand, Bergie and Yak?

Yes please.

and his cap hit is pretty darn good.

Yakupov's ELC expires at season's end and will be a RFA... The KHL will likely be a factor and no way would I like to see him on this roster at 3-4.5m aav.

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Would like to see PC try what might be seem as a minor deal...

that could benefit both teams involved.

Jordan CARON for Matt FRATTIN.

Both guys need a fresh start. We need a right shooting RWer and the Leafs need some defensive forwards with decent size.

From our perspective, FRATTIN is a shooter and may gel well with KREJCI and LUCIC.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY

Both guys need a fresh start. We need a right shooting RWer and the Leafs need some defensive forwards with decent size.

From our perspective, FRATTIN is a shooter and may gel well with KREJCI and LUCIC.

Wait.
I have no idea who Frattin is, or how he plays, but your trading Jordan Caron,
for someone you think would be good on our first line ?

Something just isn't right with that logic.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa

I liked Frattin when he first broke into the NHL. I still like him. I can't see him being any more than a 3rd liner at best though. I would do the trade though.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Dom said the math could work.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=91548999&postcount=212

He knows waaaaaaay better than me.

Interesting. Thank you.

Next year though would scare me. Krug, Smith, Hamilton, and Soderberg all have new contracts coming up. We have some guys with contracts ending who we *could* part ways with in Paille, Campbell, Gagne, Bartkowski, and McQuaid... but that just means we have to bring in players who are making less than the aforementioned and still keep the team competitive. Trading Kelly would be huge. Although, the skilled named player who we could package without disrupting the core group and still garner interest from Edmonton would be Reilly Smith.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Wait.
I have no idea who Frattin is, or how he plays, but your trading Jordan Caron,
for someone you think would be good on our first line ?

Something just isn't right with that logic.

Frattin is nothing special. He's been traded I believe 4 times in a year. He's ok but really would have the same value as Caron with similar upside. Non of it involving the top line

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Oilers like Soderberg as you need a big C to compete in the West with all the elite large guys there to go up against.

As a trade for a position of need for a position of need, the Bruins moving a C to Edmonton for a RWer makes sense.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I'd see if I could entice EDM to retain 50% salaries on Perron and Petry. That would only be ~$3.4m on our cap. Keep Eberle and build around him and Hall. Petry is a UFA at the end of the year and Perron is UFA in two years so they may be amenable to moving them if they could get pieces to build around long-term.

Subban as the goalie of the future- maybe as soon as next year.
Koko to play with Yakupov, do what you can to get the most out of that asset.
Something to "pay" for the cap holdbacks.

Perron could be that right shot for the Krejci line, and Petry is a pretty physical puck mover who could play in the second pair (and played with Krug at Michingan).

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Oilers like Soderberg as you need a big C to compete in the West with all the elite large guys there to go up against.

As a trade for a position of need for a position of need, the Bruins moving a C to Edmonton for a RWer makes sense.

I said a week ago that if we were to go after Eberle then Soderberg is the only guy who makes sense enough for the Oilers to do it.

In the short term, I HATE to lose Yeti, but in the long-term assuming one of Spooner or Koko can grow into that 3rd line C role, that's a deal you have to consider, right?

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I said a week ago that if we were to go after Eberle then Soderberg is the only guy who makes sense enough for the Oilers to do it.

In the short term, I HATE to lose Yeti, but in the long-term assuming one of Spooner or Koko can grow into that 3rd line C role, that's a deal you have to consider, right?

Without Soderberg that third line falls apart going from a streght to a liability.

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca

So a Soderberg, Bartkowski + 2 2nd picks from the Islanders gets it done?

We would need to add a D-man somewhere. Going from 9 serviceable D (training camp) to about 5 in a hurry here...

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Interesting. Thank you.

Next year though would scare me. Krug, Smith, Hamilton, and Soderberg all have new contracts coming up. We have some guys with contracts ending who we *could* part ways with in Paille, Campbell, Gagne, Bartkowski, and McQuaid... but that just means we have to bring in players who are making less than the aforementioned and still keep the team competitive. Trading Kelly would be huge. Although, the skilled named player who we could package without disrupting the core group and still garner interest from Edmonton would be Reilly Smith.

If Soderberg is the big piece, can work for this year, then would need to move either Marchand or Eriksson next year.

Sign...
Hamilton = 5
Krug = 3.5
Smith = 3.5

Lose...
Campbell
Paille
McQuaid
Bart
Gagne

Assume...
Pastrnak & Koko/Spooner make the team (one would assume part of the trade as well)
Cap at 72M

That leaves 3.5 to rebuild the 4th line. Tough, but doable with Paille maybe coming back for 1.5 and two kids.

Lucic-Krejci-Eberle
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Smith-Kelly-Griffith
Paille-Koko-Knight
Cunningham

Chara-Hamilton
Krug-Seidenberg
Trotman-Miller
Morrow

Rask
Subban

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'd see if I could entice EDM to retain 50% salaries on Perron and Petry. That would only be ~$3.4m on our cap. Keep Eberle and build around him and Hall. Petry is a UFA at the end of the year and Perron is UFA in two years so they may be amenable to moving them if they could get pieces to build around long-term.

Subban as the goalie of the future- maybe as soon as next year.
Koko to play with Yakupov, do what you can to get the most out of that asset.
Something to "pay" for the cap holdbacks.

Perron could be that right shot for the Krejci line, and Petry is a pretty physical puck mover who could play in the second pair (and played with Krug at Michingan).

My concern would be that isn't Perron like Stewart in that he's lacking in terms of consistency and heart?

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
What are we looking at going the other way for Stewart and Eberle?

NHL ready prospect and a 2nd round pick ish for Stewart?

Top prospect, veteran and a first ish for Eberle?

Are fans getting in a dither over a trade that isn't on the horizon?

GM Chiarelli recently suggested he isn't actively looking for Stewart, Eberle or anybody to fill Iginla's old spot since the team is stabilizing and playing better.

The B's have stabilized their front line over the last handful of games. They'll undoubtedly be challenged over the next four to six weeks with Zdeno Chara out of the lineup, but they seem to have found combinations that are beginning to work.

Chiarelli said last week he’s no longer feeling the need to bring in a right-wing replacement for Jarome Iginla, and that’s a good thing. “I’ve actually been happy with us up front lately,†said Chiarelli when asked if he was looking to “bolster†his forward group. “So not really . . . no.â€

Part of that happiness stems from Seth Griffith settling in with David Krejci and Milan Lucic on the top line. The 20-year-old has had points in two of his last three games, with eight shots on net. There’s also the emerging option of trying Pastrnak there, as well: The electric 18-year-old -- already showing that his skills and instincts are translating to the higher levels of hockey -- has two goals, nine points and a plus-8 in his first seven games for the Providence Bruins.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/bruins-are-smart-reject-sabres-asking-price-stewart

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
Two UFA's and two picks years away?

Need to do better than that I would think

Yes, I agree. I knew Carl is up - but I forgot about Bart.

I also would dump Marchand before Carl - but I think Soderberg may have higher trade value - even though he is a pending UFA.

Maybe one of those 2 2nd round picks becomes a first and we make it Kelly and Marchand instead??? Sounds even worse.

One thing I a confident about - Peter will make a move. How big is the real question.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I would look long and hard at a Marchand for Perron deal. I've liked Perron a ton since his QMJHL days --maybe I'ma sucker for flashy players with white skates. :D

I just have a feeling that Perron would be an absolute Habs-Killer --seems like he would really get up for those games. We saw what Marchand did(n't) do against them last series.

Perron is also a LWer but shoots right so there is that option too.

Marchand
for
Perron

or

Marchand + Soderberg + Subban + Something
for
Perron and Eberle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad