Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXI- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

It seems clear that the Bruins will need to figure out how to rebuild their top 6 up front (especially down the middle) in some other way besides draft and develop. To be expected, though, given their typical draft positioning, and Sweeney using picks as TDL currency.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
London lives to fight another day (Sunday)
With a 4-1 win
Edward 2 assists +2

Locmelis 7:37 TOI 3-2 win over Slovenia

Wissman 2 assists 2 shots +2 19:51 TOI 4-2 win over Austria, he is rumored to be heading back to Germany next season, I wonder why
I think that is Thursday's game against Denmark where they won 6-4.

Here's his line against Austria on Friday.

Wissmann.jpg

Reactions: Kegs and Saxon Eric

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
London lives to fight another day (Sunday)
With a 4-1 win
Edward 2 assists +2

Locmelis 7:37 TOI 3-2 win over Slovenia

Wissman 2 assists 2 shots +2 19:51 TOI 4-2 win over Austria, he is rumored to be heading back to Germany next season, I wonder why

Frustrating that Wissman wasn't given a chance here. What's your take on how he was used/developed in Providence this year?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Frustrating that Wissman wasn't given a chance here. What's your take on how he was used/developed in Providence this year?
He played 31 games,struggled to start the year which was expected but then had a decent stretch where the game seemed to slow down for him,barely played after New Years and when he did, it didn't look like he got big minutes
Mougenel coaches a certain way and if you won't or can't do it you're out, ask Victor Berglund or Brady Lyle
Stralman and Reilly getting sent down didn't help either

What's your thoughts on that crazy Lysell 15 minute stat?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
And that's the series as London loses to Peterborough 2-1and 4 games to 2
Edward with zeros across the board

Few days ago Locmelis 2 shots +1 6:45 TOI in a 7-0 win over Kazakhstan 🇰🇿

Wissman 3 assists +4 20:04 TOI 7-2 win over Hungary 🇭🇺

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Can him and get Marc Savard for Providence HC. Gets him in the organization. Potential “next guy” an hour down the highway. Also gets him around the young players.
I think he would thrive if he had a McQuaid like role, come in and run PP drills,stuff like that,have fun with the players, don't think he'd be into all the other crap that a professional Head Coach deals with, he's in a good spot right now

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Probably, he wins games and the guys called up usual don't look out of place, he is a good coach there's no getting around that
But I think it's time for a change
I can't get a fix on how/why it appears to work. He slow boats them into the AHL to a fault, but they show up in Boston without the impostor syndrome we've seen a lot in the past.

His refusal to play young/new guys in the playoffs is just beyond reckoning.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site

I agree with pretty much everything Divver had to say on the Prov players he discussed. Basically said Lauko is the only one to likely stick with Boston out training camp (Steen's name wasn't mentioned at all during the interview which may or may not have been an oversight). He would be surprised if Ahcan doesn't look for a chance with another team. Lysell, Beecher, Merkulov and Lohrei need more time in AHL.

Two behind-the-scenes items that were interesting to hear:

-- He mentioned the coaching staff sitting down with Lohrei and going over every one of his puck touches from a game on film. First, that must take a lot of time for the staff to compile. Second, sitting there and discussing each play in detail must also take a lot of time (not to mention I assume they do this with other players as well). Lastly, he mentioned Lohrei was very eager to learn and put in the work to get better which is encouraging to hear. Now maybe this sort of thing is standard for all teams these days (I have no idea) but I was impressed to hear about that much effort being dedicated to improving young players. A good reminder that we can say whatever we want about coaching staffs but we have no idea what is going on off the ice.

-- Everyone knows the Mitchell Miller situation was a complete debacle but I never heard any mention of him on the ice. Divver says he was there for Miller's two practices with Providence and, just from those two viewings, he was convinced Miller would have been a star in the NHL. When asked again, he doubled down saying he had the best stickhandling on the team and wouldn't have been a good player, he would have been a great player. Considering the fact that he was very honest in his assessment of other Providence players during the interview & and isn't known for hyperbole, I was surprised to hear him be so effusive in his praise from just two practices.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
We need a 3rd RD- any chance of offering him a nhl deal for next year just to take an extended look? Is that being hasty? Is there a chance he fits better in Boston than providence?

I'd be surprised if he comes back given that he seemingly fell out of favor with Mougenel in Providence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad