Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXI- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Frederic Brunet was the runner-up for the Emile Bouchard Trophy given to the Defenceman of the Year in the QMJHL. Tristan Luneau (Anaheim Ducks – 2nd round, 2022) took home the honors. I truly believe had Brunet spent the entire season with Victoriaville, he would have taken home the award.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
It appears the Bruins are going to let Mantykivi walk.

I reached out to Matias and he didn't want to discuss it. Then, this morning I got a message from a family member asking if I knew whether the Bruins are going to let his rights expire. My response (in my head) was if you don't know by now, then how would I know. And if you haven't heard on May 16 when his rights expire in 15 days....

I'm not saying the kid is going to be a superstar but he has done everything that was asked of him and I think he's earned an opportunity. And with all the traded assets, they could use him and give him a shot.

#SignThisKid

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

I reached out to Matias and he didn't want to discuss it. Then, this morning I got a message from a family member asking if I knew whether the Bruins are going to let his rights expire. My response (in my head) was if you don't know by now, then how would I know. And if you haven't heard on May 16 when his rights expire in 15 days....

I'm not saying the kid is going to be a superstar but he has done everything that was asked of him and I think he's earned an opportunity. And with all the traded assets, they could use him and give him a shot.

#SignThisKid

I don't understand why they wouldn't sign him and give him an opportunity. I agree with you Dom.

Still hoping they do.

Reactions: Kegs

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Edward with a goal and 1 shot but that wasn't enough as London lost 6-5 and is down 2 games to 1, they play again Wednesday

Meanwhile in Europe
Wissman 1 shot -1 17:07 TOI in a 3-2 loss to the 🇺🇸
Latvia beat the Czechs 4-3
Appears Locmelis was dressed but didn't play again

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

#SignThisKid
I dont understand why if they have have the last roster spot before the new year kicks over. unless they are working out an ELC with Toporoski (sp?)

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

I can't imagine how long it took to put this video together. Kudos to Rob.

Poitras has amazing vision. Patient with the puck/tight puck handling in traffic

Anticipating the day he makes the parent club. Should be a tremendous asset on the PP.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Poitras has amazing vision. Patient with the puck/tight puck handling in traffic

Anticipating the day he makes the parent club. Should be a tremendous asset on the PP.
As a OHL Ranger/Bruin fan we see Poitras play quite a bit. Highway 7 rivalry between the Storm and Rangers. Only 7 miles between cities. He is not a big physical kid but he finds his way through the crowd and makes intelligent moves on both sides of the puck. Hate to compare but he is a Marner type player. There are some huge players in the OHL and Poitras plays without fear of going to the dirty areas with or without the puck.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
As a OHL Ranger/Bruin fan we see Poitras play quite a bit. Highway 7 rivalry between the Storm and Rangers. Only 7 miles between cities. He is not a big physical kid but he finds his way through the crowd and makes intelligent moves on both sides of the puck. Hate to compare but he is a Marner type player. There are some huge players in the OHL and Poitras plays without fear of going to the dirty areas with or without the puck.
Digging this assessment. Even if he ends up a poor man Marner, that would be considered a nice find with a late 2nd pick.

My greedy side hopes... Poitras is a little more scrappier than Marner though

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Sweet one timers. How was Merkulov defensive play this season? Does he have a chance to make the parent team next season?

He's got a little flare at the end of his one timers. I think Alexi Zhamnov had the same little twist at the end of his one timers.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
So, one publication released it's prospect rankings today. When talking about the top-5 European prospects, guess who got an honorable mention.

Mantykivi.PNG

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
London lives to fight another day (Sunday)
With a 4-1 win
Edward 2 assists +2

Locmelis 7:37 TOI 3-2 win over Slovenia

Wissman 2 assists 2 shots +2 19:51 TOI 4-2 win over Austria, he is rumored to be heading back to Germany next season, I wonder why

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Locmelis 7:37 TOI 3-2 win over Slovenia

Wissman 2 assists 2 shots +2 19:51 TOI 4-2 win over Austria, he is rumored to be heading back to Germany next season, I wonder why

Maybe I am reading it all wrong, but it seems that the PBruins operate under a divided mind- is it a place to park veteran depth for emergencies, or a place to develop young talent to become future BBruins? It's hard to tell sometimes, and the coach they have doesn't seem to know what his job is (or maybe he does?): is it to develop young players and so give them icetime and opportunites even if they are not playing well so they learn, or is it to win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad