Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXI- Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Not quite sure I understand the delayed reaction Wissman love.

Dogman looked good at the Worlds.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Not quite sure I understand the delayed reaction Wissman love.

Dogman looked good at the Worlds.
Well most of us have not been able to see Wissman play until this tournament and he seems to be able to do things half our team D can't and at way less cost, so there's the love!

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
A good write up on Locmelis after the WC: Prospects Notebook: 2023 World Championship Review

I watched Latvia's final two games and was really impressed by him. He did not look out of place at all against the NHLers on Canada and USA. It seemed like he earned the coach's trust as the tourney went on as he was on the ice late in games (including 3on3 OT). I'm looking forward to seeing how he performs at UMass.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Interesting kid, saw him only once this year, couple of times last, big body, not a bruiser but uses that big frame well. Max upside, 3rd liner but could be an intriguing kid to watch, has good hands for a big fella

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Interesting kid, saw him only once this year, couple of times last, big body, not a bruiser but uses that big frame well. Max upside, 3rd liner but could be an intriguing kid to watch, has good hands for a big fella

That's 3rd liner in the AHL right?

I think there's a lot to work on before he gets an NHL contract.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I will take this for starters:

Locmelis is a highly intelligent two-way forward with a strong hockey IQ. Despite his young age and participation in U20 hockey this season to maintain NCAA eligibility, he played a significant role in Latvia’s historic bronze medal win. While there were aspects of the game where he faced challenges, particularly in physicality and faceoffs, Locmelis showcased impressive defensive positioning and constant awareness of the ice to stay on top of the play. He played a simple game but didn’t panic when in possession of the puck, instead ensuring his team retained control. His skating appeared effortless, utilizing crossovers effectively to generate speed through the neutral zone. He demonstrated a preference for playing down low in the offensive zone and showed glimpses of his ability to challenge defensemen in one-on-one situations. Despite facing tougher opponents, it was evident that Locmelis possesses exceptional intelligence and a strong hockey IQ. NCAA hockey should provide an excellent developmental platform for him, allowing him to further improve his physicality with a less intense game schedule compared to professional leagues. Bruins fans should keep an eye on Locmelis, and if he can enhance the physical aspects of his game, he has the potential to make a direct transition from the NCAA to the NHL in the coming seasons.

PLAYER REPORT

Skating 7
Shooting 6
Puckhandling 6
Playmaking 7
Offensive Awareness 7
Defensive Awareness 7
Compete 7

FC Hockey report following the World Championships. I think the puck handling skill at 6 is low. But that's just my opinion.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I will take this for starters:

Locmelis is a highly intelligent two-way forward with a strong hockey IQ. Despite his young age and participation in U20 hockey this season to maintain NCAA eligibility, he played a significant role in Latvia’s historic bronze medal win. While there were aspects of the game where he faced challenges, particularly in physicality and faceoffs, Locmelis showcased impressive defensive positioning and constant awareness of the ice to stay on top of the play. He played a simple game but didn’t panic when in possession of the puck, instead ensuring his team retained control. His skating appeared effortless, utilizing crossovers effectively to generate speed through the neutral zone. He demonstrated a preference for playing down low in the offensive zone and showed glimpses of his ability to challenge defensemen in one-on-one situations. Despite facing tougher opponents, it was evident that Locmelis possesses exceptional intelligence and a strong hockey IQ. NCAA hockey should provide an excellent developmental platform for him, allowing him to further improve his physicality with a less intense game schedule compared to professional leagues. Bruins fans should keep an eye on Locmelis, and if he can enhance the physical aspects of his game, he has the potential to make a direct transition from the NCAA to the NHL in the coming seasons.

PLAYER REPORT

Skating 7
Shooting 6
Puckhandling 6
Playmaking 7
Offensive Awareness 7
Defensive Awareness 7
Compete 7

FC Hockey report following the World Championships. I think the puck handling skill at 6 is low. But that's just my opinion.
Way low

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I've been watching him all season. Very impressed.

For those that don't know the ratings are based on the industry standard of 3 to 9 and not 1 to 10.
Okay didn’t know

Hoping he’s at DC

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
So would that make 6 average and 7 slightly above average?
Its breaks down more like, elite down to career AHL'er to no shot of playing pro hockey.

I think when you get down to 5 you are looking at NHL tweener so 7 would be in the very good NHL player. 9 is obviously top liner, 8 is a top 6, 7 is middle 6 skills and so on.

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
Its breaks down more like, elite down to career AHL'er to no shot of playing pro hockey.

I think when you get down to 5 you are looking at NHL tweener so 7 would be in the very good NHL player. 9 is obviously top liner, 8 is a top 6, 7 is middle 6 skills and so on.

Oh cool, thanks for the breakdown

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad