Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XI - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Well that is quite a goal, sheesh
Looked sort of like Pasta's from earlier in the week, except Pasta is far too graceful to trip and flop into the boards after scoring.

I know a lot of people have been talking up Tyler Madden recently, but I'd rather put my money on someone with Hall's size before the Deliverance banjo kid's doppelganger.

Reactions: wintersej

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Looked sort of like Pasta's from earlier in the week, except Pasta is far too graceful to trip and flop into the boards after scoring.

I know a lot of people have been talking up Tyler Madden recently, but I'd rather put my money on someone with Hall's size before the Deliverance banjo kid's doppelganger.

:laugh:

I wonder if he’s gonna spend all 4 years at Yale. Wouldn’t blame him if he did

Reactions: wintersej

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
the former not the latter. Get his degree then sign with the bruins.

I would be mildly disappointed if he left lol

Obviously things can change, but I'd be shocked if he went that route. I would like to think Boston targets kids who would show some loyalty to the team that drafted them.

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Samuel Asselin has 50 points in 50 ECHL games. He had 86 points in 68 games with Halifax and 3 points in 5 AHL games. The numbers might not mean much given the level of competition but the guy has produced wherever he has played to date. Think they should give him a run again in the AHL

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I had not considered Hall coming into the season but he’s got my attention

My three pleasant surprises in the Boston system this season

1. Zboril- Left for dead and bust status he’s flown under the radar and looks like a legit top 6 NHL player as early as next season

2. Curtis Hall - once I heard he has high hockey sense I knew he was more than just a potential consideration for the remake of Dazed & Confused

3. Darth Vladar - he’s like an octopus in net and the numbers are impressive

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
So as of today Cam Clarke of Ferris State is the only Bruin draft pick graduating,I assume he'll be offered a contract of some type
There were rumors earlier that Beecher was going to be one and done,hopefully he stays in school another year,in my limited viewing of him I don't think he ready to play pro yet
Then there's Mr Swayman ,I'm on the fence with him , I think if he wants to turn pro now you let him but he's in such a good spot I'm not pushing him to hard,I think it's 50/50 he leaves early
Becker should play his Senior year
Hall,I doubt he leaves Yale,I know I wouldn't
Olson and Mcfaul just started to establish themselves, maybe next year
Bring on the College Free agents!

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
So as of today Cam Clarke of Ferris State is the only Bruin draft pick graduating,I assume he'll be offered a contract of some type
There were rumors earlier that Beecher was going to be one and done,hopefully he stays in school another year,in my limited viewing of him I don't think he ready to play pro yet
Then there's Mr Swayman ,I'm on the fence with him , I think if he wants to turn pro now you let him but he's in such a good spot I'm not pushing him to hard,I think it's 50/50 he leaves early

With Cam Clarke, I can't say that I know anything about him, but I know that his offensive production has kind of stagnated in college. It's a shame that we don't know his TOI stats because that would give us an idea about what kind of role he's playing.

I guess I'm wondering if it's worth using a contract spot on a soon-to-be 24 year old defensemen who was considered kind of a project when he was drafted, but hasn't necessarily shown improvement to be considered an NHL-level prospect.

Perhaps they'd be better off giving that contract to another college free agent.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Cam Clarke is probably going to be starting out on seeing where his Business major is going to take him once the big, bad Wolff heads to Providence.

I think Beecher could play pro, but he's going to be one of those guys who is going to need 4-5 years to be ready for the NHL, so it is in the Bruins' best interest to keep him in school.

Next season should be Vladar's season to take the reigns as Providence's #1 and shoulder a real workload, so there's no reason at all for Swayman to leave unless he'd prefer SC to winters in Orono.

Berglund, who I don't believe scored a goal after I complemented his goal scoring earlier in the winter, is still only 20, so you'd imaging him staying in Sweden for another year or two before being put to the question.

I'd like to see one of the college FA forwards get signed, though I'll be damned if I know who the right one would be.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Haven`t seen a Beecher update recently unless I missed it? Anyone know how he`s looking? I see by the stats he has 14 pts in his freshman year which isn`t out of this world nor to be scoffed at but wondering about his overall game. Thx

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
With Cam Clarke, I can't say that I know anything about him, but I know that his offensive production has kind of stagnated in college. It's a shame that we don't know his TOI stats because that would give us an idea about what kind of role he's playing.

I guess I'm wondering if it's worth using a contract spot on a soon-to-be 24 year old defensemen who was considered kind of a project when he was drafted, but hasn't necessarily shown improvement to be considered an NHL-level prospect.

Perhaps they'd be better off giving that contract to another college free agent.
There are lots of College players that had very mediocre College careers until they turned pro,Miller and Acciari to name 2, you just never know
Also they could always give him an AHL deal and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad