Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XI - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
What does Providence look like next year? Who’s graduating, and who is going to be coming in from college/juniors/Europe?

If the Bruins add a RW with term, the only real opening in the forward group will be on the 4th line. I’m assuming Frederic will take that spot.

If they re-sign Krug, there aren’t any openings on defense, now that Lauzon is up.

Carey - Studnicka - Lantosi
Hughes - Shen - Lauko
3LW - Koppanen - Steen
4LW - 4C - 4RW

Vaak - Berglund
Zech - Andersson
3LD - Sherman

Vladar - Keyser

Cehlarik? Senyshyn? Zboril? Fitzgerald? Asselin? Didier? Woods? Breen?

Any college prospects expected to come out? Or maybe we sign Wolff and O’Connor?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
What does Providence look like next year? Who’s graduating, and who is going to be coming in from college/juniors/Europe?

If the Bruins add a RW with term, the only real opening in the forward group will be on the 4th line. I’m assuming Frederic will take that spot.

If they re-sign Krug, there aren’t any openings on defense, now that Lauzon is up.

Hughes - Shen - Lauko
3LW - Koppanen - Steen
4LW - 4C - 4RW

Vaak - Berglund
Zech - Andersson
3LD - Sherman

Vladar - Keyser

Any college prospects expected to come out? Or maybe we sign Wolff and O’Connor?
Dman Cam Clarke graduates from Ferris State he should be in the mix
Possible the Finnish kid Mantykivi comes over
Woods has a 2 year deal,he's back for sure
Marchin, Conway, Asselin up from Atlanta
I think Breen is done,can't play back to backs or travel on the long road trips
I expect Sweeney to cull this herd a bit before September, then again I said the same thing last year

Reactions: PlayMakers

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I expect Sweeney to cull this herd a bit before September, then again I said the same thing last year

Hughes - Shen - Lauko
Asselin - Koppanen - Steen
Conway - Woods - Marchin

Vaak - Berglund
Zech - Andersson
Clarke - Sherman

Vladar - Keyser

It’s an interesting group but it feels a lot thinner than the current edition.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I think Mäntykivi plays at least another year with saipa. He's getting his chances and improving as the year has gone on, but I think the Bruins aren't in a rush to bring him over. Hopefully brass made a connection with saipa management when Vaakanainen was over there and is in communicaiton.
Hopefully Berglund is in the SHL next year.
Jack Becker is an interesting one, having a better year than in the past, but he's .5 ppg in the ncaa as a 22 year old. Beecher, Olson and Hall are just around there but are 3-4 years younger. Unsure if he'll ever get a contract with the bruins and if he does, don't know where I see him going.
Roman Bychkov has little coverage, but he's 12th in the mhl among defensemen in points and +27 on the season, 5th on the team. Would be nice to see him in the vhl next year, hopefully he's over in 2-3 years.

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
I think the following players will be in Boston next year for long stretches or permanent

Frederic (perfect for 4th line roll)
Senyshyn (I think next time he comes up, it's for good....the speed plays at the next level and he has shown that he can be effective in NHL)
Studnicka (I think he plays part of season in Providence next season, but you can tell he is close)
Vaakanainen/Zboril (I think one or both of them cracks the lineup for 30+ games or more, especially if Chara retires....and it's entirely possible one of them is included in a trade)

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I think the following players will be in Boston next year for long stretches or permanent

Senyshyn (I think next time he comes up, it's for good....the speed plays at the next level and he has shown that he can be effective in NHL)
Studnicka (I think he plays part of season in Providence next season, but you can tell he is close)
Vaakanainen/Zboril (I think one or both of them cracks the lineup for 30+ games or more, especially if Chara retires....and it's entirely possible one of them is included in a trade)
In the cases of Zboril and Senyshyn, they will have to remain with the big club or be lost to waivers.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site

And who do they replace?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
JFK would need to clear waivers. My guess is he stays in Sweden until the Bruins are confident he is ready to stick in the NHL rather than potentially losing him for nothing on waivers.

think we and the NHL have seen the last of JFK, have absolutely no inside info , I`m not a finger on the button kind of guy like @DKH or @GloryDays :laugh: but I just see a Bruins team who will soon have other C`s leapfrog big time past him

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Hughes - Shen - Lauko
3LW - Koppanen - Steen
4LW - 4C - 4RW

Vaak - Berglund
Zech - Andersson
3LD - Sherman

Vladar - Keyser

I think it’s going to be very hard for the bruins to not call up studnicka. 35 points in 46 games this season and with the cap being pretty tight next year I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start out 3rd line RW like bergy did in his first season.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Well they play different positions than Studnicka. I see him moving around the roster until Krejci retires (next year his last contract year).

I was replying to @UncleRico who said he thought Studnicka would start at 3RW next year. I don't see there being a spot with Bjork playing there now (and playing great) and the possibility that Kuhlman could get pushed down if Sweeney gets the RW with term he's looking for.

I've also seen people say they expect Senyshyn to start at 3RW next year. Bjork, Kuhlman, Senyshyn, Studnicka... they can't all play there, and Seny has to be on the team in some capacity or he'll be exposed to waivers.

Fwiw, I think Studnicka will be ready and could play full time, I just don't see a spot for him next year, if everyone is healthy. It will be interesting to see if Sweeney clears out a bit of the logjam.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Where does Bjork go? Or Kuhlman?

Bjork goes to LW on the 3rd line, his natural position. I think Heinen ultimately gets traded for palmieri.

Post trade deadline and next year lines:

marchand-Bergy-pasta
Debrusk-krejci-palmieri
bjork-coyle-studnicka
Blidh-kuraly-kuhlman

chara(?)-mcavoy
Krug-Carlo
Lauzon-Miller

I think money will be tight and bruins will use gryz/(picks or prospect) to move backes contract, Moore and miller will be gone.

hard to honestly guess what moves will be made, but I do believe sweeney makes moves to shed salary in order to keep krug, regardless of what we do at the deadline. Obviously easier to sign krug if palmieri doesn’t come here and his contract doesn’t carry over to next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlayMakers

member 96824

I was replying to @UncleRico who said he thought Studnicka would start at 3RW next year. I don't see there being a spot with Bjork playing there now (and playing great) and the possibility that Kuhlman could get pushed down if Sweeney gets the RW with term he's looking for.

I've also seen people say they expect Senyshyn to start at 3RW next year. Bjork, Kuhlman, Senyshyn, Studnicka... they can't all play there, and Seny has to be on the team in some capacity or he'll be exposed to waivers.

Fwiw, I think Studnicka will be ready and could play full time, I just don't see a spot for him next year, if everyone is healthy. It will be interesting to see if Sweeney clears out a bit of the logjam.

I have a belief that we’re watching David Krejci’s last season as a Bruin. Money gets real tight this offseason, Krejci’s getting older, 1 year left, highest cap hit, Studnicka getting close to being ready to fill the gap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Estlin

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I have a belief that we’re watching David Krejci’s last season as a Bruin. Money gets real tight and his offseason, Krejci’s getting older, 1 year left, highest cap hit, Studnicka getting close to being ready to fill the gap.
Do you think DK will retire. Because for the reasons you mention what team would want him especially with that contract.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Bjork goes to LW on the 3rd line, his natural position. I think Heinen ultimately gets traded for palmieri.

Post trade deadline and next year lines:

marchand-Bergy-pasta
Debrusk-krejci-palmieri
bjork-coyle-studnicka
Blinds-kuraly-kuhlman

chara(?)-mcavoy
Krug-Carlo
Lauzon-Miller

I think money will be tight and bruins will use gryz/(picks or prospect) to move backes contract, Moore and miller will be gone.

hard to honestly guess what moves will be made, but I do believe sweeney makes moves to shed salary in order to keep krug, regardless of what we do at the deadline. Obviously easier to sign krug if palmieri doesn’t come here and his contract doesn’t carry over to next season.
You must have a lot of faith that Kevan Miller will rebound, have a healthy finish to the season AND sign a new contract.

Reactions: Lo97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad