Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XI - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If Wagner is going to miss games, I hope they call up Studnicka. Time to see what he can contribute leading into the playoffs. He may be a secret weapon come playoff time!

I understand the excitement of having a real nice looking prospect in the system and the want to bring them up but IMO, this isn`t the way business is done at this time of year unless totally necessary due to injury.

If the B`s call up Studnicka, they do so to fill a top 9 role not a 4th line role IMO, they have a guy like Blidh to do that

If Wags can`t go, Nordy ready

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If Wagner is going to miss games, I hope they call up Studnicka. Time to see what he can contribute leading into the playoffs. He may be a secret weapon come playoff time!

Meh, not sure I'd want him playing a 4th line energy role. Frederic's style of play is more comparable to Wagner and he can slot at C or LW. Will hit, drop the gloves and has offensive skills.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hall seems to have picked up on the assists lately and is sitting at a point a game (14-9-23 in 23 games). 2nd in PIM and 1st in +\- on the team too

one of the youngest guys on the team as well

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hall seems to have picked up on the assists lately and is sitting at a point a game (14-9-23 in 23 games). 2nd in PIM and 1st in +\- on the team too

one of the youngest guys on the team as well
was very impressed with his game at the WJHC`s, having little info on the kid prior to the tourney, was very impressed with his non-stop pursuit of the puck, motor running all the time

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I've been to several games this year. They're pretty bad... they live and die by how dialed in Swayman is on that night, which he is 99 percent of the time.
What are the chances of his turning pro after his Junior season? If his team is viewed as not a contender next year there could be little motivation to stay at Orono.

And, if he plays his senior season, you run the risk of an August free agency if he feels his path is somehow blocked.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I would like to see him turn pro this summer. It's good timing with Kyle Keyser a question mark because of injuries and Lagace an AHL journeyman. Halak this summer is an open question as well (though I expect Bruins to re-sign him to a one or two year deal). Swayman could be looking at quality Providence, or worst case, Atlanta Gladiator minutes.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Good article on Swayman. Mods I’ve never posted a link below if this is frowned upon please delete

On Campus: Swayman staying busy for Maine

Not a mod, but my understanding is that you can basically post a link to any relevant article. Where it gets tricky is if you're copying/pasting the article itself into a post. If the article's behind a paywall (The Athletic, ESPN+, Boston Herald/Globe, etc.), you can't just copy the whole thing. You can only post a small excerpt.

Reactions: BamZoni

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Not a mod, but my understanding is that you can basically post a link to any relevant article. Where it gets tricky is if you're copying/pasting the article itself into a post. If the article's behind a paywall (The Athletic, ESPN+, Boston Herald/Globe, etc.), you can't just copy the whole thing. You can only post a small excerpt.

Correctomundo !

The rules that all had to read and agree to abide by when applying for membership. Surely all have read them.

Terms of Service and Rules | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League

6) Streams/Copyrighted Material/Illegal Topics:
Do not post any of the following:
• Links to or requests for links to illegal streams
• Discussions of illegal streaming services or proxies
• Large portions of ANY article. The reader must have incentive to visit the source.
• Excerpts from any publication without providing editorial commentary
• Discussions of piracy techniques
Promotion of anything illegal is strictly prohibited. See our separate section on copyright infringement for additional information.

Reactions: Smitty93

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
What are the chances of his turning pro after his Junior season? If his team is viewed as not a contender next year there could be little motivation to stay at Orono.

And, if he plays his senior season, you run the risk of an August free agency if he feels his path is somehow blocked.

I'm not sure. Good question.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I'd imagine there are a few factors.

1. What are is educational aspirations. i.e. does he want to finish school
2a What's best for his development
2b. What role would he play in PRO next year

With how Boston uses their goaltenders, I don't think he'd be concerned with being blocked. He's actually in a great situation if you think about it. The team #1 is 32yr old w/ only a year left on his deal. Would Boston offer Rask a long-term deal? IDK, but it'll cost them to bring Rask back. In the system they have Vladar, Keyser and Lagace.

Lagace is a career journeyman and 27yr old, he's not a guy anyone expect to be a NHL goalie.

Vladar is 22yr old and having a monster year in PRO. Could he maybe slide up to #2 behind Rask next year? Could he take over the reigns if Tuukka walked after next year? Lots of questions there

Keyser has #1 upside, but the injuries are a concern. He's still only 20yr old and if Vladar goes up to BOS next year then Keyser most likely becomes the #1 in PRO.

Maybe Boston lets Lagace walk after this season, Vladar goes up to BOS to replace Halak (lots of risk there IMO) and they have Keyser/Swayman split time in PRO. They could also sign another goalie to tandem with Keyser and have Swayman go back to Maine where he gets every start and sees a ton of shots.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Studnicka - 6'1 / 176lb
Frederic - 6'2 / 215lb
Beecher - 6'3 / 210lb
Hall - 6'3 / 210lb

^That is some size down the middle if they all pan out and become NHLer's
Stud has to be at least 185lbs now.
Once he adds more strength and bulk over the summer, I have no doubts he moves into the 3 slot right away next year.
We have to move DK in the off season. Coyle moves to #2.
Beecher and Hall are probably two years away?

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I would like to see him turn pro this summer. It's good timing with Kyle Keyser a question mark because of injuries and Lagace an AHL journeyman. Halak this summer is an open question as well (though I expect Bruins to re-sign him to a one or two year deal). Swayman could be looking at quality Providence, or worst case, Atlanta Gladiator minutes.
If Vlader plays well in the next few months and looks good in the AHL playoffs, you have to promote him next year. He should be ready. He has played around 134 games between AHL and ECHL.
Save the money on what Halak would want. There are other teams that we will want Halak. He will probably get a bump up in pay too, more than his 2.75M he is getting now.
The 2M you save can be put to good use.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I understand the excitement of having a real nice looking prospect in the system and the want to bring them up but IMO, this isn`t the way business is done at this time of year unless totally necessary due to injury.

If the B`s call up Studnicka, they do so to fill a top 9 role not a 4th line role IMO, they have a guy like Blidh to do that

If Wags can`t go, Nordy ready

I really don't see the problem with it. Having depth is a good thing and Studnicka helps provide that whether he's on the first line or the 4th line. I actually think it would be a pretty good chance to see what he brings. Especially at this time of year when other teams are fighting for their playoff lives and are already in playoff mode.

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
If Vlader plays well in the next few months and looks good in the AHL playoffs, you have to promote him next year. He should be ready. He has played around 134 games between AHL and ECHL.
Save the money on what Halak would want. There are other teams that we will want Halak. He will probably get a bump up in pay too, more than his 2.75M he is getting now.
The 2M you save can be put to good use.

not me. i want vladar carrying the heavy workload next year and proving he can
do it before anointing him a backup in boston. maybe he earns a couple of starts,
but next year you go with halak if he'll sign a 1 year deal. if not, find another vet
that will sign for a year. @Saxon Eric - thoughts?

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
do it before anointing him a backup in boston. maybe he earns a couple of starts,
but next year you go with halak if he'll sign a 1 year deal. if not, find another vet

agreed vladar has 1 more year of waiver exempt...

it might be ok to let halak walk... but sign us an affordable vetern backup and see if we can resurrect their career the same we did for halak/khubodin {both had been sent to minors before we got them}

maybe take a chance on scott darling if his personal life is ok and hes back playing...

having vladar lets us gamble on a backup... and giving vladar a few games during the season to get his feet wet slowly is better than possibly ending up with him as our starter if someone gets hurt

goalies is a game based on confidence... build the confidence carefully

Reactions: Strafer

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Vladar has taking huge steps forward, huge
However he still hasn't played in back to back nights yet,I need to see that,he's on pace to play 30-35 games,plus 1 in Atlanta
Lets see what he does in the playoffs

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Vladar has taking huge steps forward, huge
However he still hasn't played in back to back nights yet,I need to see that,he's on pace to play 30-35 games,plus 1 in Atlanta
Lets see what he does in the playoffs

I really don't get why someone who has put up the stats he has has been used so marginally . I mean, if this guy is gonna be developed he's gonna need more than 20 starts at this point of the season. I just don't get what they're doing development wise in Prov. It seems the more a player needs ice time the less he gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad