Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XI - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Okay, perhaps it is a reach with Lauzon just a bit, but I think he is up to stay and will play regular minutes next season. Even without him in the list, if you compare what other NHL teams have on their rosters for players that they drafted and developed since 2015, Boston doesn't look bad. Philadelphia has I think five, for example. It would be more work than I want to do to go through every single team, but I think it would roughly bear out. Some teams, especially weaker ones or teams in a rebuild will look a bit different.

As for missing on Voldemort, okay, fine, and it does form a part of Sweeney's resume, but it should not be used as a reason to claim that he has done poorly drafting in general. He did poorly in that one instance, very poorly in fact, but the overall record is not bad at all.

Another “prospect list”, hockey writers, where Lauzon is not mentioned as graduated.

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Another “prospect list”, hockey writers, where Lauzon is not mentioned as graduated.

Yes. However, I believe it is just a matter of time for him. For all intents and purposes I think he has, though it isn't reflected in his games played just yet. I will be surprised if he isn't on the opening day roster as a lock for the third pairing.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
edit: wrong thread.

for prospects, hope to see frederic and vaak take a step next year.

Last edited:

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Last 3 drafts plus FA signings - who from the list below will be a Bs mainstay in the next 3 years? And who will be the biggest sleeper / bust from the list?

studnicka
Beecher
Filipe
Olson
Achan
Lauko
Axel Andersson
Mcfaul
Shen
Hall
Becker
Vaakannainen
Swayman

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Last 3 drafts plus FA signings - who from the list below will be a Bs mainstay in the next 3 years? And who will be the biggest sleeper / bust from the list?

studnicka
Beecher
Filipe
Olson
Achan
Lauko
Axel Andersson
Mcfaul
Shen
Hall
Becker
Vaakannainen
Swayman

mainstays:
Studnicka, Vaakanainen

They’re the two highest upside prospects listed. Both will play in the NHL in some capacity.

biggest sleeper:
Lauko, Achan

For Lauko, if he can figure it out offensively (more consistent) he has the highest upside for forwards with his elite speed and tenacious grit. Achan will not be here long. Even as a diminutive defenseman, he can play.

biggest bust:
Axel Andersson

Isnt it obvious? He’s the only non-Bruin listed. Haha. I actually think he has the biggest bust upside. He’s a slick skating defenseman who can play on the PP but is not overly strong in his own end. Point haven’t been a huge thing for Andersson despite being viewed as a potential offensive QB. If the points don’t come what is he? Your only asset as a hockey player can’t be skating.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

studnicka
Beecher
Filipe
Olson
Achan
Lauko
Axel Andersson
Mcfaul
Shen
Hall
Becker
Vaakannainen
Swayman

Biggest Mainstays:

Jack Studnicka, John Beecher

Studnicka is an obvious one at this point. The flashes he showed in the playoffs when playing in the bubble shows that he is a forward with both size and speed that the Bruins have desperately needed to compete in the new NHL. He is a clear shoe in to be on the Bruins roster for a while. Beecher seems to have flown under most of our radars after being selected, but man did he have a pleasantly surprising year in the Big 10 for Michigan. In his Freshman campaign, Beecher put up 16 points in 31 games and was a plus seven for the Wolverines, making him tied for the 4th highest scoring player on the team with fellow freshman and Flyers' prospect Cam York and Sophomore Nick Blankenburg. And he's only 18. Kid needs to develop some physical aspects to his game, but man he's got eyes in the back of his head with the way he makes some of his set up passes and has a deadly shot too. Beecher has the chance to be a real cornerstone player for this team and could possibly, in my opinion, could make an immediate impact. I will say there is a proviso to that because Beecher needs to continue that form into his sophomore year.

Biggest Sleepers:

Curtis Hall, Jeremy Swayman

Hall made a big leap at Yale this year in his Sophomore season, as he led the Bulldogs with 27 points with 17 of those being goals. The question if the progress he made in the ECAC can translate to a higher level of competition like the AHL. If so, he is a diamond in the rough that could be a nice piece on this Bruins team. I will add, however, I think Hall would be better suited to wing but that's just me. As for Swayman, he is the first goalie prospect the Bruins have drafted themselves in a while that has hype and potential to be a replacement for Rask and Halak down the line. If he does well in the AHL next season like he did for the Black Bears of Maine, I think the Bruins have a real talent on their hands.

Biggest Bust:

Axel Andersson

Kid didn't cut it in Providence and clearly under delivered to the point he is off the team. Shame really, given that pick could have been used to take Alec Regula who looks to be a big time prospect for the Red Wings. But what are you going to do. Thankfully, the Bruins were able to parlay him at the deadline for a proven commodity in Ondrej Kase

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
I didn’t realize Andersson signed with Anaheim so that answers the biggest bust. 2nd round pick from 2 drafts ago and already gone. Bad puck considering the Bs only have 5 picks in 2018!

studnicka should definitely see a lot more time next season - maybe not 82 games but definitely a solid part of the season. 3rd line RW with Coyle? Don’t think he breaks top 6 just yet.

Beecher can’t be a bust. Too much high end talent. B’s management won’t Let him bust. He’s going to have a long career!

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I’d be interested in hearing why Vaak would be in the bust category? Beecher as well.
Didn't particularly like their respective seasons, for such an elite skater Vaakanainen was turned and beat often this season also went through the motions for much of the year,he certainly didn't play as well as he did in Boston also he'd get killed in the post season
With Beecher I get what Boston saw,at times he showed it,at times he didn't ,rumors which I won't share here have me turned off a bit,Im now in a show me mode with him,didn't make the move to the OHL that might have been beneficial
I'd move on from both of them while you can maximize return

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Biggest Mainstays:

Jack Studnicka, John Beecher

Studnicka is an obvious one at this point. The flashes he showed in the playoffs when playing in the bubble shows that he is a forward with both size and speed that the Bruins have desperately needed to compete in the new NHL. He is a clear shoe in to be on the Bruins roster for a while. Beecher seems to have flown under most of our radars after being selected, but man did he have a pleasantly surprising year in the Big 10 for Michigan. In his Freshman campaign, Beecher put up 16 points in 31 games and was a plus seven for the Wolverines, making him tied for the 4th highest scoring player on the team with fellow freshman and Flyers' prospect Cam York and Sophomore Nick Blankenburg. And he's only 18. Kid needs to develop some physical aspects to his game, but man he's got eyes in the back of his head with the way he makes some of his set up passes and has a deadly shot too. Beecher has the chance to be a real cornerstone player for this team and could possibly, in my opinion, could make an immediate impact. I will say there is a proviso to that because Beecher needs to continue that form into his sophomore year.

Biggest Sleepers:

Curtis Hall, Jeremy Swayman

Hall made a big leap at Yale this year in his Sophomore season, as he led the Bulldogs with 27 points with 17 of those being goals. The question if the progress he made in the ECAC can translate to a higher level of competition like the AHL. If so, he is a diamond in the rough that could be a nice piece on this Bruins team. I will add, however, I think Hall would be better suited to wing but that's just me. As for Swayman, he is the first goalie prospect the Bruins have drafted themselves in a while that has hype and potential to be a replacement for Rask and Halak down the line. If he does well in the AHL next season like he did for the Black Bears of Maine, I think the Bruins have a real talent on their hands.

Biggest Bust:

Axel Andersson

Kid didn't cut it in Providence and clearly under delivered to the point he is off the team. Shame really, given that pick could have been used to take Alec Regula who looks to be a big time prospect for the Red Wings. But what are you going to do. Thankfully, the Bruins were able to parlay him at the deadline for a proven commodity in Ondrej Kase

When did Axel play in Providence?

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Beecher and Caufield could both play for SSM this season. i would think it would be benificial for both players development to play a full ohl season plus Memorial Cup but clearly neither seems interested.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Mainstay
Studnicka / Lauko / Achan

Sleeper
Swayman / Hall

Bust (if I have to pick one)
Vaak

I'm saying Vaak for "bust" because at one point he was our best LHD prospect and there we talks he'd be McAvoy future partner. So really it's a bust because I don't think he reaches that level

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

studnicka
Beecher
Filipe
Olson
Achan
Lauko
Axel Andersson
Mcfaul
Shen
Hall
Becker
Vaakannainen
Swayman

I’ll pick one of each

MAINSTAY~ All Star

Swayman

SLEEPER

Ahcan

BUST

Anderson

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Gutless! Give me 2 each
Swayman going to be a star - He will follow a similar path as Rask serving as his backup for 2-3 years before taking over

Studnicka

SLEEPER

Ahcan
Olson

BUSTS

Andersson
Chen

Chen will be squeezed out by a deep young center group and return to Captain and lead a KHL championship team

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad