Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects X - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Skating at times can be sloppy and looks lazy motion wise but unlike when he was a center he doesn't seem to be chasing the play as much,the switch to wing simplified things for him.
As far as scoring, he's ice cold right now,no denying that but in the past he's shown the ability to contribute ,I think going forward 8-12 goals a year is realistic ,his wrist shot is class but.. he seems more interested hunting down the opponent than shooting recently.
I have concerns with his cross ice passing, while his small area touch passing is good his longer distance ones are below AHL level,he's consistently inconsistent in that area.
He's very hard to play against, his hockey IQ is good,he always protects his teammates, also crosses the line from time to time which in some cases Ive liked, in others not so much,
I project him to be a 4th line NHL LW that can play Center to start,can he development more once up? We'll see...
He's a poor mans Mathew Tkachuk
Agree with all of this, I think a fair comparison going forward would be to look at him as a Brandon Tanev/Cal Clutterbuck/Lawson Crouse. He may top off as a 10/15 goal scorer with maybe 20 assists on the third and fourth lines. As Eric mentioned his skating isn't super strong but he gets from point A to point B without trailing the play. He may not be the first guy in on the fore check but he will get there pretty quickly and will finish his check when he arrives. He is driving the net well and screening since moving to wing playing with a center in Woods who is not a play maker by any stretch.

There will be people who are not pleased that he was taken over DeBrincat, I'm not happy we have Senyshyn instead of Barzal, Connor or a few others in 2015. Like Senyshyn it is not the players fault and he needs to be judged on his merits which are he looks like a productive, physical third line winger.

As much as I want Anderson for the top 6 Trent Frederic and Beecher in your bottom 6 will make you very tough to play against in years to come for hopefully a number of seasons.
Frederic-Beecher-Senyshyn as your third line in 2022

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Thank you for the optimistic take here :). I am not really down on him at all as I don't watch the PBruins at all (would love to have the time . . .) just feeling like a 4th line player is great if he was taken in 3rd or 4th rounds, but a first rounder you ideally want a bit better than that. I liked the jam and hustle he showed in his callups (about all he showed to be honest :laugh:) and hope he's got a top 6 or at least top 9 future.
29th overall and looking at what went around him he looks to be a pretty good pick.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Yeah I did notice that, and it seems like a pretty weak group in and around where he was grabbed, but even so, you always hope for more than a 4th liner out of your first round :D

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
My (probably unrealistic) dream is that he could be 3rd wheel on a Pasta line providing net front, some protection, and some passing skills for Pasta and a skilled center.
My hope is that he becomes a Boone Jenner type. A strong skating, two-way center who’s a beast to play against. The guy you build your 3rd line around, or like Jenner, can slide up in a pinch.

I’m also hoping Studnicka can become a Sean Monahan type of first line center, and that Beecher falls somewhere in between the two.

Reactions: Estlin

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
My hope is that he becomes a Boone Jenner type. A strong skating, two-way center who’s a beast to play against. The guy you build your 3rd line around, or like Jenner, can slide up in a pinch.

I’m also hoping Studnicka can become a Sean Monahan type of first line center, and that Beecher falls somewhere in between the two.
I also hope Santa brings me Kate Upton for a present but I'm betting it ain't gonna happen. Frederic has become my favorite prospect pretty quickly but I don't ever see him having the impact Jenner does as a center. Really like Studnicka and Beecher as well but I can't see all three hitting as 1-2-3 centers in a couple years, odds just are not in a favor of a team doing that picking as late as the Bruins do.

Reactions: Lo97

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Yeah I did notice that, and it seems like a pretty weak group in and around where he was grabbed, but even so, you always hope for more than a 4th liner out of your first round :D

Agreed, and from that group I would say that Debrincat (obviously), Steel and Kyrou would have been better picks.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Agree with all of this, I think a fair comparison going forward would be to look at him as a Brandon Tanev/Cal Clutterbuck/Lawson Crouse. He may top off as a 10/15 goal scorer with maybe 20 assists on the third and fourth lines. As Eric mentioned his skating isn't super strong but he gets from point A to point B without trailing the play. He may not be the first guy in on the fore check but he will get there pretty quickly and will finish his check when he arrives. He is driving the net well and screening since moving to wing playing with a center in Woods who is not a play maker by any stretch.

There will be people who are not pleased that he was taken over DeBrincat, I'm not happy we have Senyshyn instead of Barzal, Connor or a few others in 2015. Like Senyshyn it is not the players fault and he needs to be judged on his merits which are he looks like a productive, physical third line winger.

As much as I want Anderson for the top 6 Trent Frederic and Beecher in your bottom 6 will make you very tough to play against in years to come for hopefully a number of seasons.
Frederic-Beecher-Senyshyn as your third line in 2022

This is literally his problem in the NHL. He can't keep up with the pace. For a player who plays his style, he needs to be the first guy in on the fore-check to be effective. That's literally his game right now.

BruinsNetwork

This is literally his problem in the NHL. He can't keep up with the pace. For a player who plays his style, he needs to be the first guy in on the fore-check to be effective. That's literally his game right now.

I really don’t agree with this. While he’s not a Tom Wilson type of skater, he’s still completely fine and doesn’t lag behind the play because of his skating. The times he lags behind the play seems to be a play-style thing, honestly. I think Frederic is a good enough skater where it won’t impact his abilities in the NHL.

Give the kid a chance to play wing, more than 6:00 TOI and we’ll see what he’s got.

BruinsNetwork

Frederic isn’t a perfect skater, but he’s serviceable and not hindered by that ability. Speaking of Frederic, I caught up with him last night to clarify his height and weight— he said he’s 6’3” and 215lbs. Let me tell you, standing next to him while we chatted last night made me feel like a like kid.

That dude is a house. Not in a “muscle head” way either, but just in an athletic, lean type of way.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016

Beecher and Hall both make US preliminary roster.

Very happy Hall is getting a shot. Impressive he's on there, think he could be a very useful grinder/energy type on the team. Lets hope he makes the final roster

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I thought Cholowski would have been an excellent pick on dee. Kid has 8 pts for a bad Wings team so far. I had him over Fabbro as he is the bigger defenseman.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I thought Cholowski would have been an excellent pick on dee. Kid has 8 pts for a bad Wings team so far. I had him over Fabbro as he is the bigger defenseman.

There are definitely a few that hindsight would suggest the Bruins might have taken (Debrincat anyone?) but by and large it was a good point that it really wasn't the strongest group around at the time Boston was picking. Frederic may turn out better than a bottom 6 guy. We hope.

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
There are definitely a few that hindsight would suggest the Bruins might have taken (Debrincat anyone?) but by and large it was a good point that it really wasn't the strongest group around at the time Boston was picking. Frederic may turn out better than a bottom 6 guy. We hope.
I feel like DeBrincat woulda been gone a lot sooner if he hadn't speared that kids groin and got ejected during the tourney

Reactions: Dr Hook

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Frederic isn’t a perfect skater, but he’s serviceable and not hindered by that ability. Speaking of Frederic, I caught up with him last night to clarify his height and weight— he said he’s 6’3” and 215lbs. Let me tell you, standing next to him while we chatted last night made me feel like a like kid.

That dude is a house. Not in a “muscle head” way either, but just in an athletic, lean type of way.

You’ve obviously seen a lot more of him than us. I’ve only seen him at the NHL level and about 7-8 games at the AHL level, but he constantly leaves me with the feeling that there’s more to be desired from him. Maybe I’ve just caught all the wrong games, but usually he has just looked like another big body on the ice at the AHL games I go to. He definitely has some skill, but not sure if I really see a future 3rd line center out of him.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Just realized Curtis hall and Swayman are playing each other on NESN plus tonight. 3rd period is starting now. 2-1 Yale.

Reactions: Blowfish

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

True and Frederic hopefully can still turn out as the checking center we all hope he can be and chip in some goals and be physical. To me he was throwing a lot of hits the last time he was up.

That was not hindsight, I meant draft day, I should have explained that better. I had some first hand info on his potential and its starting to show as he did grow the same way Heinen did, later in his teens. I was not surprised to see the Wings take him at 20th.

Glad to see Hall getting noticed and Beecher staying strong. It would be great to see both guys on the World Junior Team.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Lo97

May 10, 2019
I feel like DeBrincat woulda been gone a lot sooner if he hadn't speared that kids groin and got ejected during the tourney
He would've been gone a lot sooner if he was two inches taller. Stupid concerns about his height kept him out of the first round. If he was 6 feet tall he would've gone top 10. I'm sick and tired of the height questions. Marchand, Debrincat and Gaudreau have hopefully put that silliness to bed.

Reactions: Dr Hook and Estlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia