Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects X - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
This is weird. That is all I can say.

Yesterday Torchetti said he would make the trip. Today, the team says he won't make the trip. And everyone is calling it personal?

Two reasons I wanted Andersson in Moncton: 1) he would get a ton of ice time 2) Torchetti is the perfect coach for his development at this time.
Two question for you:
First: Why do you view him as the perfect coach for Andresson?
Second: If Torchetti is indeed canned, in you opinion, could the Bruins get in touch with the Wildcats management to get an update on their plans about Andersson, or would that be viewed as meddling? Not really asking if the current Bruins management would do this, but more like would that be an acceptable course of action from an NHL front office.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Two question for you:
First: Why do you view him as the perfect coach for Andresson?
Second: If Torchetti is indeed canned, in you opinion, could the Bruins get in touch with the Wildcats management to get an update on their plans about Andersson, or would that be viewed as meddling? Not really asking if the current Bruins management would do this, but more like would that be an acceptable course of action from an NHL front office.

1) Torchetti is a developmental coach and a winner. And while he's successful at developing young players for the next level, he remains focused on winning. That's hard to do in junior when the focus by most coaches is winning. For me personally, there are maybe a handful of junior coaches I want developing Bruins prospects in junior and he's second on my list.

2) The Bruins, like any other organization are in constant communication with their prospects, even in junior, about what they want them to work on, how they see them developing etc. They also talk to their junior teams/coaches about progress and what they need to work on. Another reason I like Torchetti in this situation is that he's from Boston and has been a huge Bruins fan all his life, even when he was an asst coach in Chicago and Atlanta and a head coach in LA. (so he has experience in knowing what an NHL player has to do). And being a Bruins fan, he may be more approachable and open to doing something the Bruins may ask of him for Andersson then another player. So if for some reason Torchetti is not back with the squad, the Bruins will definitely enquire, but I'm not sure how open a new coach will be.

Reactions: Bergyesque

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
1) Torchetti is a developmental coach and a winner. And while he's successful at developing young players for the next level, he remains focused on winning. That's hard to do in junior when the focus by most coaches is winning. For me personally, there are maybe a handful of junior coaches I want developing Bruins prospects in junior and he's second on my list.

2) The Bruins, like any other organization are in constant communication with their prospects, even in junior, about what they want them to work on, how they see them developing etc. They also talk to their junior teams/coaches about progress and what they need to work on. Another reason I like Torchetti in this situation is that he's from Boston and has been a huge Bruins fan all his life, even when he was an asst coach in Chicago and Atlanta and a head coach in LA. (so he has experience in knowing what an NHL player has to do). And being a Bruins fan, he may be more approachable and open to doing something the Bruins may ask of him for Andersson then another player. So if for some reason Torchetti is not back with the squad, the Bruins will definitely enquire, but I'm not sure how open a new coach will be.
Thanks a bunch for taking the time to provide such interesting insights! :thumbu:
Oh, and if I may, can you provide the name of the first coach on your list?

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
depends on if Beecher is released to attend, Eric, some schools do not or will not release a player

I’ve never ever heard of a school not releasing a player. NHL teams sometimes do not release their players when they are with the big club and Arizona even somewhat controversially elected not to release Christian Fischer a few years back when he was in the AHL.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I’ve never ever heard of a school not releasing a player. NHL teams sometimes do not release their players when they are with the big club and Arizona even somewhat controversially elected not to release Christian Fischer a few years back when he was in the AHL.
Collegiate teams, have that option as well.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Nice goal for Beecher on a breakaway. Kid is such a great skater.

Some great pk-ing from him too. Stole the puck at the blue line and created a great scoring chance for himself. could've been a penalty shot, but ended the pp by drawing a hook.

Having a great game against the #6 ranked team.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Nice goal for Beecher on a breakaway. Kid is such a great skater.

Some great pk-ing from him too. Stole the puck at the blue line and created a great scoring chance for himself. could've been a penalty shot, but ended the pp by drawing a hook.

Having a great game against the #6 ranked team.

Turned to this after the Celtics game ended. This is my first time watching him outside of highlights. You don't see many players his size that skate as well as he can, and he makes it look effortless.

Didn't really do much in the part I was able to watch, but they were up big and rolling four lines. I don't know how much he normally plays, but for a bad team like Michigan, you'd hope it'd be a lot.

They won tonight, but watching Michigan you feel bad for Beecher choosing to go there. They're just lacking in offensive talent, outside of him and Cam York.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad