Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VIII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
No but Daniel Paille did. Studnicka's play indicates that he has skills to perhaps play in the NHL one day, but he is doing it as a 20 year old playing against children. But yes, it is far more encouraging than with past prospects like Senyshyn or Knight who failed to ever improve at the junior level and amounted to nothing the AHL.
No, Paille didn't. Since going to Niagara, Studnicka has been scoring at over a 100pt season pace. Paille never had more than 80pts in a season.

Reactions: BBB24

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
No, Paille didn't. Since going to Niagara, Studnicka has been scoring at over a 100pt season pace. Paille never had more than 80pts in a season.

There weee stretches where both kelly and paille had similar stretches in junior

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
Paille was a first round pick, no?

Yeah Paille was 20th overall in the first round, but if I remember correctly 2002 was considered a pretty weak draft with only Rick Nash, Jay Bouwmeseter Kari Lehtonen being highly touted. There was even some conversation of Lehtonen being first overall after standing on his head that year in WJC, but Columbus wanted Nash badly and pulled a pretty big trade that day.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Paille was a first round pick, no?
yep, I know Bruin fans may not like this and it may very well not work out like this but after being drafted in the 1st, DP played, if I heard correctly a few years back, close to 150 AHL games, wonder if Senyshyn might not be on that same path.

In Junior, an offensive talent with great speed where that part of his game didn`t translate into the pro game but maybe, like DP, he`ll develop a game like Paille who wound up carving himself out a nice little career

Reactions: wintersej

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Stud is looking good, hope to heck he is more than Kelly. We do not need another bottom 6 centerman that just PKs. We need to find a possible top 2 center to take over for the 2 amazing guys we have now, or it's not going be good.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaaaaB's and bme44

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
yep, I know Bruin fans may not like this and it may very well not work out like this but after being drafted in the 1st, DP played, if I heard correctly a few years back, close to 150 AHL games, wonder if Senyshyn might not be on that same path.

In Junior, an offensive talent with great speed where that part of his game didn`t translate into the pro game but maybe, like DP, he`ll develop a game like Paille who wound up carving himself out a nice little career

Attachments

• 20190311_233628.jpg
    20190311_233628.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 36

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
whats everyone's opinion, who is boston's best pure scorer prospect.. im not talking points in general .. i mean goal scorer..
just seem like the b's have really focused on a 200 ft game. which i get but throw me a michael ryder once in a whille. i like snipes
(and before we go there.. i realize donato was probably the answer)

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
whats everyone's opinion, who is boston's best pure scorer prospect.. im not talking points in general .. i mean goal scorer..
just seem like the b's have really focused on a 200 ft game. which i get but throw me a michael ryder once in a whille. i like snipes
Don't think we have one

Reactions: Blowfish

BruinsNetwork

I think Senyshyn fits that bill by nature. He might be inconsistent, and the Bruins might be trying to teach him a two-way game, but he was drafted to be a scorer. He posted back-to-back 40-goal seasons in the OHL after he was drafted.

As much as Senyshyn has been inconsistent and playing on the third-line, he still hit 13G in ~40 games this year— which surpasses his total as a rookie in way less games.

So I think in terms of natural talent and ability to score goals, Senyshyn still has the highest potential in that regard.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

Maybe bjork? Maybe lauko? someone from this upcoming draft hopefully will be better and be the top goal scoring prospect.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

2019 first round pick.

Carlon Brando

May 22, 2014
Boston
So you believe that a pick that will be in the 20’s- possibly even late 20’s- will be their best prospect? When they just drafted Vaak in the teens and he has only improved?

The question was asking about Boston's best prospect specifically in terms of pure goal scoring ability. He's just implying that whoever they draft in Round 1 will likely possess a more impressive goal scoring skill set than Senyshyn/Studnicka/Lauko/Steen/etc. IMO if we're still counting Bjork as a prospect then he would be my vote. Otherwise, I'd probably agree that the 2019 1st is as good a bet as any of those other prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad