Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VIII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Reminds me of Jonathan Quick, the way he goes across the crease. Too bad they lost game one 6-4

I agree with this. He looks a lot like quick. I don’t know if it’s a term but his butterfly stance is wide. Or it looks wide. Quick in his prime was so good (I think) because he was able to stay up long enough to force shots down low and was so quick and wide with his stance he could drop after the shot was fired and still make the save. He was near unbeatable low when he was on his game. And he was incredibly fast post to post. Keyser is undoubtedly the bruins most promising goalie prospect. And with tuukka having 2 more years on his deal (halak 1) Keyser is going to be joining the bruins at the perfect time to split time in providence with vladar year one, and slide into the back up role for a year before taking the reigns himself in year 3. (assuming he ends up good as a pro)

Reactions: FanSince72

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
It be awesome to get him over for Providence, but aren't there rumors he's going to play for Sweden in the World Championships?

Only if he’s invited to play for them. I’m not sure how their roster will shake out but I know Loui Eriksson and Elias Pettersson are 2 of the forwards. Silfverberg I’m sure will be invited as will zibenejad and victor rask. Depending on how the first round shakes out they may be adding any of nyqvist, Johansson, backstrom, steen (Alex), soderberg, forsberg, rakell, landeskog,arvidsson, nylander, karlsson (meiker, william.) that’s just forwards that popped In my head at the nhl level, not to mention some more seasoned shl players. Really depends on the nhl first round though not all of them will go either even if they can. But there are plenty on the Sweden depth chart ahead of steen right now

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Providence added Stud and maybe Steen, love to see Blidh running around peeving off the Leafs

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Hey Bruins fans, i'm looking for some insight into the following players who made their NHL debut this past season. Can you tell me a bit about what kind of players they are and what their future NHL outlook is? Thanks!

Karson Kuhlman
Jeremy Lauzon
Connor Clifton

Lauzon can be a good 2nd pairing 2-way D. Big and skates well. He is ready for full time NHL duty now, but LD is an area of depth..

Clifton will fight with Miller (1 year left on deal) for bottom pairing RD next season. He is likely better now.

Kuhlman likely tops out as 4th line energy guy. Can skate and hit.

BruinsNetwork

Is Studnicka strictly a center, or can he shift to right wing. As that is likely our biggest need in the immediate future

He can play center and right-wing just as effectively at both positions. Wouldn’t mind seeing him debut as a RW next year next to Krejci, similar to Seguin, but he should be a long-term pivot. IMO, you don’t keep a center of his caliber at wing forever.

Reactions: SPV and old blue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad