Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VIII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Give and Go

Re Gabrielle,

Watched him with the Wheat Kings in the W. Heard plenty of rumors of off ice issues and attitude. I'm sure some were just that, rumors, but they cant all have been. Must be truth to some of them. Also heard a number of times situations with his dad arising and causing conflicts. Definitely off ice things that I'm guessing he never did grow out of.

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
nice, asking as I have no clue and not suggesting it at all but IF the B`s needed him due to injury, would he qualify as a player who could be called up to the big club in the playoffs this year?

Again, not suggesting he`d be ready and unlikely a team would put a raw rookie in that spot just curious, thanks again

Why not Suggest it?

Look no further than Columbus and the play of 19 year-old Alexandre Texier, who got the call-up at the end of the season. The kid has been outstanding in the playoffs and has been a major contributor for the Jackets. Torts even has had him on the ice in the final minutes of games.

Texier is great along the boards and is very smart, has good speed and is also very good defensively some similar traits as Studnicka.

Last edited:

Give and Go

By the numbers here he certainly looks interesting. I wonder who is gonna pick him up or what he is interested in? Any updates on this ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190418-114154_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190418-114154_Chrome.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 53

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I’d be willing to bet that Studnicka is “ready” for the NHL right now. As Dom said already, he was close to being ready in summer before the season started. If not for the CHL/NHL/AHL agreement, he would have been in Providence all season.

That's very encouraging to hear about Studnicka. It will be interesting to see what happens in the off season and at training camp. Bjork. once he is fully healed, will surely be in the lineup, while I do think that Senyshyn can make it. If Studnicka is expected to make the roster too, then that creates some interesting scenarios for lines two to four. Just spitballing:

Debrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Heinen-Coyle-Studnicka
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Senyshyn

Reactions: Give and Go

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Re Gabrielle,

Watched him with the Wheat Kings in the W. Heard plenty of rumors of off ice issues and attitude. I'm sure some were just that, rumors, but they cant all have been. Must be truth to some of them. Also heard a number of times situations with his dad raising and causing conflicts. Definitely off ice things that I'm guessing he never did grow out of.

I am not sure what you've heard, and am only guessing at it, but I can guarantee that if it's what you've stated so far, it's more fact then fiction.

I am forbidden from saying much more. But for me, the writing was on the wall and this move by the Bruins was inevitable. It's a convo I had many months ago with @Gee Wally and @Fenway - more to prepare them for the onslaught that would happen here if anything got out.

I will say this: I hope everything comes together for him and he can go on to have a career somewhere. I truly do. It just won't be with the Bruins.

Give and Go

I am not sure what you've heard, and am only guessing at it, but I can guarantee that if it's what you've stated so far, it's more fact then fiction.

I am forbidden from saying much more. But for me, the writing was on the wall and this move by the Bruins was inevitable. It's a convo I had many months ago with @Gee Wally and @Fenway - more to prepare them for the onslaught that would happen here if anything got out.

I will say this: I hope everything comes together for him and he can go on to have a career somewhere. I truly do. It just won't be with the Bruins.

No doubt. Just really unfortunate. Was a good solid player on the ice. Couldnt seem to find that next gear to bump up to the next level. And as mentioned off ice issues continue I guess. Bit of a shame though, was truly a joy to watch him play junior and was pretty excited when the Bruins picked him.

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Think the Bruins could make an enticing go at him?

Your guess is as good as mine, but I think they could. He has some ties with Connor Clifton who also left Quinnipiac to sign with the bruins as they were teammates for a couple of seasons. I'm sure that won't hurt at all, but my guess would be he signs where he feels he'll eventually has the best shot at playing in the NHL.

Sweeney has been really good as signing college FA and at drafting defenseman, so I'm sure he'll be in on him.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Kyle Keyser has been on a record setting pace these playoffs. And if Oshawa is going to advance to the OHL finals, he's going to have to steal their upcoming series against Ottawa. (Capable? He stole the series against Niagara). I think this one might be a little bit tougher has he's going to have to hold the fort while his teammates go up against Michael DiPietro and the best defence in the OHL.

For those interested, here's my breakdown of the Conference Finals

OHL Conference Final Previews

It all begins tonight!

Give and Go

Kyle Keyser has been on a record setting pace these playoffs. And if Oshawa is going to advance to the OHL finals, he's going to have to steal their upcoming series against Ottawa. (Capable? He stole the series against Niagara). I think this one might be a little bit tougher has he's going to have to hold the fort while his teammates go up against Michael DiPietro and the best defence in the OHL.

For those interested, here's my breakdown of the Conference Finals

OHL Conference Final Previews

It all begins tonight!

Also need Keyser to continue making big improvements and be ready to make the jump to the Big Bs sooner than later and show he can be a #1 there as well, sooner than later

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
From the OHL:

The Gennies enter play off a thrilling 3-2 win to eliminate the Central Division champion Niagara IceDogs on Monday night, besting former teammates Jack Studnicka and Matt Brassard who made their way to Niagara in a mid-season swap. Boston Bruins prospect Kyle Keyser was simply spectacular in the series, helping the Generals prevail despite falling behind 2-0 out of the gate while being outshot in five of the six games.

“He’s a pro and the way he goes about his business every day shows that,” said Generals first-year head coach Greg Walters of his goaltender. “He’s one of our hardest working guys both on and off the ice and he’s very mature in what he does. Kyle doesn’t take a backseat to anybody in his position in our league and we’re very lucky to have him.”
Keyser, who claimed silver with the United States at the World Juniors in January, will square off against Vancouver Canucks prospect Michael DiPietro, a former Memorial Cup champion who set an all-time OHL record by recording his 17th career regular season shutout on Jan. 18th.

Eastern Conference Championship Series Preview – #OTTvsOSH – Ontario Hockey League

Give and Go

Your guess is as good as mine, but I think they could. He has some ties with Connor Clifton who also left Quinnipiac to sign with the bruins as they were teammates for a couple of seasons. I'm sure that won't hurt at all, but my guess would be he signs where he feels he'll eventually has the best shot at playing in the NHL.

Sweeney has been really good as signing college FA and at drafting defenseman, so I'm sure he'll be in on him.

By looking at his numbers and watching some of his play on YouTube, this would be a real great signing with very high potential to be on the big squads back end soon imo

Reactions: TCB

BruinsNetwork

You just had to bring it up didn't you :laugh:

I'm still working on my OHL Conference Final Preview.

I'm stuck. Oshawa or Ottawa? Ottawa or Oshawa?

Two of the best goaltenders in the CHL going head to head

Couldn’t help myself! Lol

I’m going with Oshawa, personally. I know I don’t have extensive or in-depth knowledge of the OHL, but I think Keyser can steal the show again against an inferior offense to that of Niagara’s. The defense and good goaltending on the other side might be the different maker though.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Couldn’t help myself! Lol

I’m going with Oshawa, personally. I know I don’t have extensive or in-depth knowledge of the OHL, but I think Keyser can steal the show again against an inferior offense to that of Niagara’s. The defense and good goaltending on the other side might be the different maker though.

I wouldn't say that Ottawa's offence is "inferior". They had the third best offence in the regular season, second best since the trade deadline, and easily the best defence in the league.

That said, Michael DiPietro hasn't looked like the netminder he is through two rounds. And if he struggles, they have a more then capable guy in Cedrick Andree.

Believe me, I was going to pick Oshawa. But, I didn't want to give any indication of bias and picked Ottawa. And to look even less bias, I took them in 6 games.

On paper, this should be an Ottawa sweep. Thank the hockey Gods, the games aren't played on paper.

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
I follow the Bruins closely but I can't say the same when it comes to Providence & our prospects. I don't know much about our prospects except the big ones, Frederic, Urho etc. Would anyone be kind enough to briefly summarize our prospects and how close are they to making it to the NHL or forward me to the best source I can find this information? I'd appreciate it

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I follow the Bruins closely but I can't say the same when it comes to Providence & our prospects. I don't know much about our prospects except the big ones, Frederic, Urho etc. Would anyone be kind enough to briefly summarize our prospects and how close are they to making it to the NHL or forward me to the best source I can find this information? I'd appreciate it
Clifton and Kuhlman are in Boston to stay
Lauzon had a very good year but was hurt again,he can't seem to get through a full season but he should be in the mix next year
Zboril has more talent and offensive potential than Lauzon but isn't as consistent or mentally strong, he could play in the NHL right now on the right team.
Vaakanainen, really a lost year development wise but I like him better than the 2 listed above.
Frederic had a solid first pro year,I anticipate another year in Providence to start
Senyshyn, everyone's favorite prospect had a mixed year,definitely improved but consistency an issue, big year next season
JFK, was outstanding last few weeks, really happy with what I saw during that time,expecting a huge playoff from him
Hughes was solid till he got hurt,keep an eye on him

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Lauzon had a very good year but was hurt again,he can't seem to get through a full season but he should be in the mix next year
Zboril has more talent and offensive potential than Lauzon but isn't as consistent or mentally strong, he could play in the NHL right now on the right team.
Vaakanainen, really a lost year development wise but I like him better than the 2 listed above.
Frederic had a solid first pro year,I anticipate another year in Providence to start
Senyshyn, everyone's favorite prospect had a mixed year,definitely improved but consistency an issue, big year next season
JFK, was outstanding last few weeks, really happy with what I saw during that time,expecting a huge playoff from him

Love this thank you...Keep up the reporting, I depend on it!

Reactions: Saxon Eric

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Good list

What do you mean regarding Vaaka progression? Wasn't he one of the top D at the worlds? maybe you can explain

Lets not also forget about Bjork. He has been on the bubble for two seasons now

Hughes, Bjork, Lauzon, JFK hopefully all have a strong offseason and can come into camp next season stronger

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Thank you!!

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Good list

What do you mean regarding Vaaka progression? Wasn't he one of the top D at the worlds? maybe you can explain

Lets not also forget about Bjork. He has been on the bubble for two seasons now

Hughes, Bjork, Lauzon, JFK hopefully all have a strong offseason and can come into camp next season stronger
Vaakanainen was one of the best defenders at the Words and was imo the best of the young defenders in the AHL but he couldn't stay healthy ,played in 30 of 76 games,last few Providence games he was terrible
Bjork wasn't listed as he only played 13 games here,I like him but he's got to play

Reactions: FanSince72

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Anton Blidh is the king

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad