Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Because its a business and an asset was used to acquire him and perhaps he can be part of regaining an asset. No need to throw away an asset under control if you dont have to.
I have no clue what went on with Gabrielle but he is young kid not just an asset . I am sorry but if this is all we as a Bruins organization think of these kids THAT IS WRONG. I want to believe the Bruin organization is better than that

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I have no clue what went on with Gabrielle but he is young kid not just an asset . I am sorry but if this is all we as a Bruins organization think of these kids THAT IS WRONG. I want to believe the Bruin organization is better than that

Believe anything you want.

But fact is its a business. Everytime he cashes a check, they’re even. Until hes free to sign elsewhere.

Its not personal. Just business.

On a side note I have no reason to believe that hes not a solid young man . Just sometimes perception of situations are different depending on ones viewpoint.

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Y
This post would have been perfect Mike. Then you added the bolded. It really doesn't fit the Gabrielle situation and not worth mentioning.
Yeah i know nothing of the player in question but as we follow sports we see sooooooooo many ways careers get derailed

In football you have the regie bush situation

Here in hockey we saw how tim thomas career went off the rails at the end

Weve seen guys get too fat

Weve seen guys leave the sport for fear of concusions or problems handling preassure

Paul reinhart left his career in the prime cause he got wealthy with an investment

Some of my examples are guys who had success but these various issues that pop up show us the human element

I dont care to ask about this player... i hope for his sake things can work out. I grew up with len esau... went to school with len. Len sacraficed alot to get to nhl. Managed around a 14 game career. Was alot of sacrafice on his part to get there

Not sure if his career in minor leagues was worth it. I never talked to len after he left meadowlake. But hes like most them... sacrafice and never ever get the dream

If a kid falls off the wings of an angel... i cut them some slack. So many do everything right and still get thrown on the rocks

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Y

Yeah i know nothing of the player in question but as we follow sports we see sooooooooo many ways careers get derailed

In football you have the regie bush situation

Here in hockey we saw how tim thomas career went off the rails at the end

Weve seen guys get too fat

Weve seen guys leave the sport for fear of concusions or problems handling preassure

Paul reinhart left his career in the prime cause he got wealthy with an investment

Some of my examples are guys who had success but these various issues that pop up show us the human element

I dont care to ask about this player... i hope for his sake things can work out. I grew up with len esau... went to school with len. Len sacraficed alot to get to nhl. Managed around a 14 game career. Was alot of sacrafice on his part to get there

Not sure if his career in minor leagues was worth it. I never talked to len after he left meadowlake. But hes like most them... sacrafice and never ever get the dream

If a kid falls off the wings of an angel... i cut them some slack. So many do everything right and still get thrown on the rocks

Mike. I can guarantee you, he has nothing in common with any of the players/situations you mentioned.

I'll leave it at that and won't comment further.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Believe anything you want.

But fact is its a business. Everytime he cashes a check, they’re even. Until hes free to sign elsewhere.

Its not personal. Just business.

On a side note I have no reason to believe that hes not a solid young man . Just sometimes perception of situations are different depending on ones viewpoint.

I am not informed enough to form an opinion. What I am saying is I hope this is not a situation that creates a situation where the Bruins are not a desirable place to play.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I hate to be the one to break this to you but all you are to your employer is an asset, unless you have a union or contract if they find somebody who can do the job better for less than you out you go. Business.

The Garielle situation sounds like a kid who just doesn't care or may have issues. It is too bad from a fan perspective that Gabrielle didn't work out, the type of player he was projected to be is just what Boston needs in its bottom 6 right now.

It is not the Bruins responsibility to make a player care, this player did not work out, the right thing for the Bruins to do is move on. Period. If they can reclaim an asset for him great, if not he doesnt get qualified next year and if he wants to make money playing hockey probably winds up in the lower minors or Europe

Reactions: CDJ and Gee Wally

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
When you turn pro, you're an adult and an asset to the franchise. I wouldn't for a second believe any sports organization is better than that.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
We may hear some details we may not however speculating isn't going to help any of us appreciate what took place. Hope the kid is ok and can continue with his dream to be in the NHL.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I am not informed enough to form an opinion. What I am saying is I hope this is not a situation that creates a situation where the Bruins are not a desirable place to play.
That's just silly. No player in the NHL would care about what happened between Boston and Gabrielle. The Bruins haven't done anything wrong anyhow.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I think that’s an issue if you were to trade a guy who signed as an UFA this past year like John Moore, it’s not an issue if you’re burying an underachieving ECHL player who was picked in the 4th round what feels like 5 years ago

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Excited to see what Shen, Lauko and Steen can do in a Bruins uniform in the near future
What makes you think any of them will be up here in the 'near future'? None of them have played one game of professional North American regular season hockey.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
What makes you think any of them will be up here in the 'near future'? None of them have played one game of professional North American regular season hockey.

Don’t be disingenuous

We all saw lauko play in the preseason, he stood out. At his age, that’s a good sign. Both Pastrnak and Carlo we’re here as teenagers. It’s not unprecedented

Will it happen ? Dunno

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Don’t be disingenuous

We all saw lauko play in the preseason, he stood out. At his age, that’s a good sign. Both Pastrnak and Carlo we’re here as teenagers. It’s not unprecedented

Will it happen ? Dunno

I wasn't being disingenuous. I took issue with 'near future'. My opinion is that, more often that not, these prospects are going to need time. See Donato, Bjork, Senyshyn, Zboril, etc. Even DeBrusk had a full year in Providence. I don't think that you will see the players listed in the 'near future' depending on what you consider that period of time to be. Not saying that they won't make it. Though not every player will make it. My sincere opinion.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I wasn't being disingenuous. I took issue with 'near future'. My opinion is that, more often that not, these prospects are going to need time. See Donato, Bjork, Senyshyn, Zboril, etc. Even DeBrusk had a full year in Providence. I don't think that you will see the players listed in the 'near future' depending on what you consider that period of time to be. Not saying that they won't make it. Though not every player will make it. My sincere opinion.

It’s just a nomenclature issue. Near future could mean 6 months to some people and 1-3 years to others

I would agree with you if near future means 6 months. 1 year? Possible. 3 years? Likely

If not here, somewhere

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Should we be pleased with Lauko at a point per game at 18 in the Q? How's everyone think he looks in the WJC so far? About to watch the 3rd of this game and that's about all I've seen

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Should we be pleased with Lauko at a point per game at 18 in the Q? How's everyone think he looks in the WJC so far? About to watch the 3rd of this game and that's about all I've seen
He has been okay, not really standing out but not totally invisible. Bukac has had his moments too but even in a lesser role then Lauko. So far its Shen, Vaak and Stud as my top 3. Keyser lost the net because of the team dee and looks to not get back in. I will rewind shifts of Vaak and Shen so I do not miss them. No one else has my attention as those two. Shame Stud did not get a bigger role.

Reactions: TwineTickler

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
He has been okay, not really standing out but not totally invisible. Bukac has had his moments too but even in a lesser role then Lauko. So far its Shen, Vaak and Stud as my top 3. Keyser lost the net because of the team dee and looks to not get back in. I will rewind shifts of Vaak and Shen so I do not miss them. No one else has my attention as those two. Shame Stud did not get a bigger role.

Kyle Keyser got sick with the same illness that infected Jack Hughes. He didn’t “lose the net”.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Kyle Keyser got sick with the same illness that infected Jack Hughes. He didn’t “lose the net”.

That sucks for him, Sweden got hit hard by that too. I thought he played good and gave them the chance to get back in vs Sweden, most goals were not his fault. That was not the Kazakhs he was facing but a very good offensive team. After that game the Swedes lost a lot of players and were short handed bigtime vs the Kazakhs. Shame he is not getting back in with how Primeau is playing unless he falls apart or gets sick.

That play by Vaakanainen in the Canada game with less than 50 seconds to go in the game was b@llsy. He stepped up on the Canadian forward instead of playing it safe and backing up. He actually kicked it right to Tolvanen, who ended up making a great rush that tied it. No one mentioned that play by Vaak on TSN, who was out with a concussion for a long time and just started skating a couple weeks ago.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006

He seems like a gritty player who could be a decent bottom-six forward but certainly not the second coming of Pastrnak. He reminds me a bit of Daugavins.

Bukac seemed to play better as the tournament went on. He was out at critical moments late in the US game and made lots of strong plays.

Reactions: FanSince72

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I am offended at the Daugavins comparison (Haven’t seen him play though ;) )

That goal Shen scored still has me going Wow. Seems like the bruins system doesn’t have a ton of elite elite talent but they still have tremendous organizational depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad