Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Should we be pleased with Lauko at a point per game at 18 in the Q? How's everyone think he looks in the WJC so far? About to watch the 3rd of this game and that's about all I've seen

Didn’t notice Lauko that much during the US game. Some of that is attributed to the US having the puck quite a bit and Czechs using their top line as much as possible.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Didn’t notice Lauko that much during the US game. Some of that is attributed to the US having the puck quite a bit and Czechs using their top line as much as possible.
Pretty much.

I noticed him one shift where he received a breakout pass and completely turn on the jets in the blink of an eye and almost turned the defender and went for the net. The defender was able to push him enough wide though to force a shot outside.

Also saw him giving a little bit of stick work. Not sure if that's apart of his game but he definitely got under the US players skin.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

The top line of the Czechs, IMO, was so overused and exhausted last night, watched them live, sat 6 rows behind their bench and their top guns gasping for air every time they came off. I understand their depth isn`t there but.....

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I am offended at the Daugavins comparison (Haven’t seen him play though ;) )

That goal Shen scored still has me going Wow. Seems like the bruins system doesn’t have a ton of elite elite talent but they still have tremendous organizational depth
It was a nice goal. From the games that I saw him play, he still needs work on his skating, has to get faster. His defensive play is above average for a junior player and his face skills are way above average. Lets get him signed ASAP.

Reactions: CDJ and FanSince72

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
I am offended at the Daugavins comparison (Haven’t seen him play though ;) )

In fairness to Lauko, he's got another year at the WJC, and could break out next year. (I kind of liked Daugavins.)

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

I actually noticed him a handful times when he'd use his speed to drive the puck into the offensive zone. The issue was that he always seemed to be by himself and the other Czech forwards would be behind the play. Czechs didn't have much offensive possession, so it was hard to get a feel for his offensive game.

Seems like teams at this year's WJC have struggled with offense more so than usual.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I have a feeling shen will be one of those guys that won’t be joining the organization for a few years. Seems like he’s gonna want to play in the khl over the ahl.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
The top line of the Czechs, IMO, was so overused and exhausted last night, watched them live, sat 6 rows behind their bench and their top guns gasping for air every time they came off. I understand their depth isn`t there but.....

Was very impressed with Lauko in pre-season. Czech coach could have spread the talent out a bit.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Because almost all Russian players prefer the khl to the ahl, especially if they are in a nice city like ufa is
And there’s nothing wrong with that....at the young age that Pavel is. But, at some point, if he has NHL aspirations as most Russians do, he’ll want to follow his agent’s advice and turn pro in an NHL organization and join its development program, even if it means some AHL time.

Anisimov and Namesnikov of the Rangers are a few who spent time in the AHL.

Last edited:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
And there’s nothing wrong with that....at the young age that Pavel is. But, at some point, if he has NHL aspirations as most Russians do, he’ll want to follow his agent’s advice and turn pro in an NHL organization and join its development program, even if it means some AHL time.

I never said there was something wrong with it. I just said he might be over there for like 5-6 more years before he comes here, since most Russians don’t spend more than 1-2 years in the ahl before going back to Russia. Koko went 2 I think. Shipachyov I think went about 2...games. I’d prefer he stays there until he’s nhl ready the way panarin did and radulov did. I don’t want him to come over still needing time in the ahl. Because if that time ends up being a little longer than we thought he might go back and not return.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I never said there was something wrong with it. I just said he might be over there for like 5-6 more years before he comes here, since most Russians don’t spend more than 1-2 years in the ahl before going back to Russia. Koko went 2 I think. Shipachyov I think went about 2...games. I’d prefer he stays there until he’s nhl ready the way panarin did and radulov did. I don’t want him to come over still needing time in the ahl. Because if that time ends up being a little longer than we thought he might go back and not return.
There are others who did their North American Training in the AHL prepping for the NHL.

It all depends upon the development needs of the individual, not the theory that Russians prefer to advance their careers by staying home.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There are others who did their North American Training in the AHL prepping for the NHL.

It all depends upon the development needs of the individual, not the theory that Russians prefer to advance their careers by staying home.

And it also depends to some degree on the role they are going to have back home. My guess is at this point Shen wants to play 15 min a night and really doesn't care where it is. I would think he has to be pretty frustrated with his role in the KHL this year

Reactions: Ratty

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I agree with what you're saying but Radulov played his junior hockey in Canada. He was already a good nhler before he went back to Russia

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I know there have been some Studnicka trade rumors around the OHL lately and that it was going to happen after the WJC trade freeze. But the Generals acquired Brett Neumann today, so it looks to me like they are going to load up for a run.

I don't expect a Jack trade.

As an ice dogs fan...:puppy:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I know there have been some Studnicka trade rumors around the OHL lately and that it was going to happen after the WJC trade freeze. But the Generals acquired Brett Neumann today, so it looks to me like they are going to load up for a run.

I don't expect a Jack trade.

Stud a healthy scratch against Ottawa today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad