Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Keyser has been solid against Sweden. USA as a whole has been terrible, but Keyser really doesn't deserve the 4-0 score. Very easy to imagine this score being much worse

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
What’s the story/s with Gabrielle?

Thought he had a great combination of skill and grit - is it a growing up (or not growing up) thing, is he struggling to pick up a particular aspect they want him to work on, or is he still too much of a loose cannon?

What’s out there on him?

Has his ship sailed in the organization?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
What’s the story/s with Gabrielle?

Thought he had a great combination of skill and grit - is it a growing up (or not growing up) thing, is he struggling to pick up a particular aspect they want him to work on, or is he still too much of a loose cannon?

What’s out there on him?

Has his ship sailed in the organization
?

not going to comment on that other stuff, but yes to the bolded, IMO.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I am not sure if I can ask this .Mods remove if I am wrong. But where can I read what went on with Gabrielle to put him in situation he is in???

As Dom says it cant.
But myself and Admin have received verified info. over many months that the relationship between player and organization was fractured.
Due to confidentiality reasons we wont be passing along specifics or quotes in our possession.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
As Dom says it cant.
But myself and Admin have received verified info. over many months that the relationship between player and organization was fractured.
Due to confidentiality reasons we wont be passing along specifics or quotes in our possession.

Fare enough ,I was not trying trying to put anyone in an awkward position was merely curious as to what had happened as a Bruins fan

Reactions: Gee Wally

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
oh my...head cold medicine mixed with small hangover not a good thing for this guy on a Sunday. Of course that would be Mr. Studnicka.

I don't know how close it is. But if they trade him, may as well trade Keyser as well. Would love to see KK go to London and watch the two go head to head. Or maybe against Ottawa with the best 2 goalies going head to head.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
For us without any inside knowledge, this answer is truly ... unsatisfying :laugh:

I can truly understand why it gets frustrating when information can't be shared for multiple reasons. I can understand that it can sometimes be infuriating. On the flip side, I can also understand why sometimes info can't be shared because of "secrecy" issues or "protecting a source" issue.

A lot of information sometimes isn't trustworthy. We as fans have to decide who we can trust and who we can't.

I do believe, in the end, it will all come out. Some will say he was never given a chance and some will even call it a smear campaign by management. Hopefully, those in the know that Wally speaks of can shed some light on the situation.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Bummer to hear about Gabrielle. I had high hopes for him. So much skill and will. Heck the bruins even signed him to a contract didn’t they? He played well 2 pre-seasons ago.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
As Dom says it cant.

I imagine my question can't be answered, but maybe someone can offer an explanation. If the relationship is fractured, why don't they waive him/terminate his contract? Why don't they let him try to go to another team and restart his career? Seems like a bad look to just hold onto a player when he's not in their future plans.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I imagine my question can't be answered, but maybe someone can offer an explanation. If the relationship is fractured, why don't they waive him/terminate his contract? Why don't they let him try to go to another team and restart his career? Seems like a bad look to just hold onto a player when he's not in their future plans.

Because its a business and an asset was used to acquire him and perhaps he can be part of regaining an asset. No need to throw away an asset under control if you dont have to.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
The gabrielle situation can be used to argue another point that too often gets missed when casting judgements on a teams scouting and drafting

Often a kid might be a good gamble pick at 18 in a mid round. He might have intriguing ability that has a chance to pan out. Often this kid might be a very fine gamble choice

And then... life happens

You cant always place the blame on the gm or the scouts

I remember hearing about bryan fogerty and drinking... supposedly samuelsson was smoking and couldnt get his conditioning up to par. Kennedy went public with childhood abuse situation that derailed his career

Then theres injuries... girlfriend situations... and all sorts of other unique variables that might impact on a picks development

We should all be a bit more understanding that devrloping nhl pros is sometimes tricky business

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The gabrielle situation can be used to argue another point that too often gets missed when casting judgements on a teams scouting and drafting

Often a kid might be a good gamble pick at 18 in a mid round. He might have intriguing ability that has a chance to pan out. Often this kid might be a very fine gamble choice

And then... life happens

You cant always place the blame on the gm or the scouts

I remember hearing about bryan fogerty and drinking... supposedly samuelsson was smoking and couldnt get his conditioning up to par. Kennedy went public with childhood abuse situation that derailed his career

Then theres injuries... girlfriend situations... and all sorts of other unique variables that might impact on a picks development

We should all be a bit more understanding that devrloping nhl pros is sometimes tricky business

This post would have been perfect Mike. Then you added the bolded. It really doesn't fit the Gabrielle situation and not worth mentioning.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Because its a business and an asset was used to acquire him and perhaps he can be part of regaining an asset. No need to throw away an asset under control if you dont have to.

Not to mention:

Waive him to where? Siberia? He's in the ECHL. How do you waive him?

And his contract can't be terminated. He's under contract for one more year. I will be shocked if he's given a qualifying offer then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad