Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Looking at the numbers, this season over last, deserves to be on the team and a shot.

It's more then just numbers. I haven't missed a single game of his this season, whether live or on tape. He just wins games the Generals have no business winning. Sure it effects his numbers. But it's the eye test.

I don't like promoting rumors. But the Generals are making a Memorial Cup bid for 2020. And with that comes rumors of Jack Studnicka being traded to Niagara for their Championship run and the Gennies don't feel this is their year. It's the way the league operates. And if that happens, Keyser could be next. The London Knights sure can afford to pay a haul for him and immediately make them the favorites. Ottawa has already made their move to get Michael DiPietro.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Small correction. I was wrong on Shen being Russia captain. He was captain in Russia Canada series and heard he would be for this tournament but it'll be Klim kostin

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
It's more then just numbers. I haven't missed a single game of his this season, whether live or on tape. He just wins games the Generals have no business winning. Sure it effects his numbers. But it's the eye test.

I don't like promoting rumors. But the Generals are making a Memorial Cup bid for 2020. And with that comes rumors of Jack Studnicka being traded to Niagara for their Championship run and the Gennies don't feel this is their year. It's the way the league operates. And if that happens, Keyser could be next. The London Knights sure can afford to pay a haul for him and immediately make them the favorites. Ottawa has already made their move to get Michael DiPietro.

I'm also hearing rumours Studnicka to ice dogs as well. Time for some Kully wings, Barnraiser Oast beer, and some ice dog action. Hoping this happens.

Now hearing if you visit the ice dog website tomorrow you will see his name. Woop.

Last edited:
Reactions: FanSince72

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
My thoughts on Bukac….

Important tournament for him. Could go a long way to getting an NHL contract. Because he was drafted from the Dub, has to be signed by June 1. Czech's have a decent team. He'll play a key shut down role.

Skating: Long, powerful stride. Moves well for a guy that's 6'6". Very good edge work. Can turn tight and quick. Not as quick as 6'5" Brandon Carlo.

Size: When drafted, he was a lanky 6'4" and just 175 pounds. He's grown to 6'6" since then and added some 35 pounds of mass. Still needs to add some bulk as he still looks lanky for his size. If he can do that without effecting his skating, he'll be okay.

Character: There was some quiet "noise" when Brandon dropped him. The fact is, the Wheat Kings were in a position where they didn't have much choice. CHL teams are only allowed two imports and they had two picks in the CHL Import draft where they could nab two players they really wanted/needed and they had to release Bukac.

Skills: Puck handling skill are very good. Can evade the forecheck or make a good first pass out of the zone. I just don't feel he processes the game quick enough. He's shown at times that he can, but not consistently. Funny thing is, that when he gets top minutes, he has shown to be better. It just might be a confidence issue with him. But when he's playing lesser minutes/role, he sometimes handles the puck like a grenade. I think in that capacity he tries too hard to impress his coaches.

He has a very good shot, hard, accurate and with purpose. Just doesn't use it enough. He has at times QB'd the PP. Walks the line extremely well, finds his teammates - again, has to learn to use his shot more in certain situations. From time to time, backs bad pinches, but he recovers well.

In the d-zone, he's shown he enjoys the physical game. Combined with his long reach and very active stick, he keeps opponents to the outside more often then not. Has some difficulty in getting himself into position without the puck - too often out of position.

Bukac was always going to be a project and was going to take some time. If he puts it all together, he can play in the NHL. His coaches in Brandon and Niagara often spoke of his raw potential.

Decision time is fast approaching for the Bruins. They'll have to decide whether they feel he can reach his potential and sign him, or not. The WJC could go a long way towards that decision.
Thank you, nice review. You would think with the number of available contracts they have they would sign him.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
That may be the case and as a Canadian I won't wish him luck. Heck, I won't even wish Keyser luck against Canada.

I'm just pointing out to you that I (and many others) disagree with you in that Keyser is the number 3 goaltender on Team USA.

You and Mr. Peters were correct, looks like Keyser is indeed starting. Myseld and many on the Int. - USA thread thought it would be Primeau.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
My thoughts on Bukac….

Important tournament for him. Could go a long way to getting an NHL contract. Because he was drafted from the Dub, has to be signed by June 1. Czech's have a decent team. He'll play a key shut down role.

Skating: Long, powerful stride. Moves well for a guy that's 6'6". Very good edge work. Can turn tight and quick. Not as quick as 6'5" Brandon Carlo.

Size: When drafted, he was a lanky 6'4" and just 175 pounds. He's grown to 6'6" since then and added some 35 pounds of mass. Still needs to add some bulk as he still looks lanky for his size. If he can do that without effecting his skating, he'll be okay.

Character: There was some quiet "noise" when Brandon dropped him. The fact is, the Wheat Kings were in a position where they didn't have much choice. CHL teams are only allowed two imports and they had two picks in the CHL Import draft where they could nab two players they really wanted/needed and they had to release Bukac.

Skills: Puck handling skill are very good. Can evade the forecheck or make a good first pass out of the zone. I just don't feel he processes the game quick enough. He's shown at times that he can, but not consistently. Funny thing is, that when he gets top minutes, he has shown to be better. It just might be a confidence issue with him. But when he's playing lesser minutes/role, he sometimes handles the puck like a grenade. I think in that capacity he tries too hard to impress his coaches.

He has a very good shot, hard, accurate and with purpose. Just doesn't use it enough. He has at times QB'd the PP. Walks the line extremely well, finds his teammates - again, has to learn to use his shot more in certain situations. From time to time, backs bad pinches, but he recovers well.

In the d-zone, he's shown he enjoys the physical game. Combined with his long reach and very active stick, he keeps opponents to the outside more often then not. Has some difficulty in getting himself into position without the puck - too often out of position.

Bukac was always going to be a project and was going to take some time. If he puts it all together, he can play in the NHL. His coaches in Brandon and Niagara often spoke of his raw potential.

Decision time is fast approaching for the Bruins. They'll have to decide whether they feel he can reach his potential and sign him, or not. The WJC could go a long way towards that decision.
Good call so far,raw with upside

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bukac looked big and smooth today. Lauko did not get on the PPs but was buzzing and made a great defensive play, sliding to knock a pass away on a sure goal

Reactions: Son of Donegal

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Two games in and I have to say Bukac doesn't look good. He was completely lost against Russia. Lauko looks ok, for whatever reason he plays on the 3rd line with no PP. Czech team is very underwhelming so far, questionable coaching.

Reactions: FanSince72

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Two games in and I have to say Bukac doesn't look good. He was completely lost against Russia. Lauko looks ok, for whatever reason he plays on the 3rd line with no PP. Czech team is very underwhelming so far, questionable coaching.

Their goalie looks really good

Reactions: Wooren

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Their goalie looks really good
Dostal is an excellent goalie prospect. Him and forward Matej Pekar were the two Czech prospects I was hoping Boston would draft (though I can't say I hate who they drafted eventually.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad