Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects VII - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Right, they sat him because he was a Bruins prospect :laugh:
40 goal scoring DeBrusk they didn't want.
40 goal (twice) scoring Senyshyn they didn't want.
Over PPG rookie NCAA player Heinen they didn't want.
They had no interest in Studnicka last year. This year, Studnicka is on the same PPG pace as last but finally gets a look.

Why did Team Canada ignore Bruins prospects for 4 years since Subban? Did they boycott the NCAA player and not look at the Bruins players because of the TOR media driven draft bashing and taking one or both of the 2015 picks might make it seem like they were justified picks?

I'm happy they have new management there that is open to other players. I'm looking forward to all the Bruins prospects in this tournament.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bjork with 1g and 9a in 9 games so far.

Would rather see him up in Boston and Donato finish the year in Prov. He at worst would add speed to the bottom 6.

Agreed 100%

Been saying this since Donato came up and he is not strong or fast. He got preferred treatment in my view. Bjork deserves to get in or maybe Senyshyn

Reactions: Blowfish

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
They had no interest in Studnicka last year. This year, Studnicka is on the same PPG pace as last but finally gets a look.

Why did Team Canada ignore Bruins prospects for 4 years since Subban? Did they boycott the NCAA player and not look at the Bruins players because of the TOR media driven draft bashing and taking one or both of the 2015 picks might make it seem like they were justified picks?

I'm happy they have new management there that is open to other players. I'm looking forward to all the Bruins prospects in this tournament.
Regardless of what you pump out, Hockey Canada is not bias against Bruin prospects, that is ridiculous. First you need to remember this tournament is mostly 19/20 year olds, if a player proves they belong that will be there, in Canada the competition is tough, same as all the top teams.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Regardless of what you pump out, Hockey Canada is not bias against Bruin prospects, that is ridiculous. First you need to remember this tournament is mostly 19/20 year olds, if a player proves they belong that will be there, in Canada the competition is tough, same as all the top teams.

Good thing they didn't in the 2016 world cup

Reactions: BBB24

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

You can argue Canada's selection procedure, but it sure as H-E-Hockey Stick-Hockey Stick isn't something against the Bruins prospects.

Hockey Canada likes players that have been through their Program of Excellence and that includes the Under-17's and Under-18's. There is the odd exception, but those are the players that almost always make it first.

Danton Heinen was never part of Hockey Canada's Program of Excellence. Two NCAA players on Team Canada this year were: Shane Bowers and Ian Mitchell were. A couple of years ago we had Jesse Gabrielle on our podcast and we talked about him not even getting an invite to summer camp, which many thought he deserved. He basically said what I said. The players know it is the way it works. And they have no regrets with the path they've taken, as I am sure Heinen will agree with that.

Zach Senyshyn was the last cut in 2017. I'm surprised he made it to the end and I warned anyone who would listen that it would be near impossible to crack Team Canada on the right wing for him. Without using hindsight, who exactly would you have left off the roster to add Senyshyn?

Jake DeBrusk, while he didn't come through Canada's program of excellence, was getting consideration. Whether he would have made the team or not - we'll never know. But he suffered a nasty injury on November 3, 2015 that required surgery and was expected to miss two months. He came back after just 3 weeks. It was too late to make an impact that would force Hockey Canada's hand for the 2016 squad.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

At the end of the day I could care less who Canada has on the WJ team. Or who they deem qualified to be on their team for that matter.

It has zero to do with development of Bruins picks.

Reactions: BBB24

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Pretty sure fighting isn't tolerated at the WJC, think Q. Hughes and Lauko will be sitting next game
Gonna be interesting to see. If I read right Hughes got into 2 fights, has to be hard for him to avoid punishment

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
It seems like everyone is pretending that wasn't a fight. Both players got 2 and 10 with Q. Hughes getting an additional 2 for cross-checking.

This is the only video I could find of the hit. Clean from this angle. J Hughes has the puck on his stick by the boards when Lauko (15) hits him shoulder to shoulder and J Hughes' shoulder hits glass and then the same arm hits the ice. He was favoring that arm going off. You then get Lauko delivering a clean hit on Q. Hughes as he shoots the puck deep. I read a brief interview with Hughes this morning that had him saying he didn't drop his gloves first so he doesn't think he should get any supplementary discipline. Technically true with the gloves, as he just skated up to Lauko from behind, delivered the cross-check, then threw down his stick and shook his gloves imitating a fight to get Lauko to drop first.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
It seems like everyone is pretending that wasn't a fight. Both players got 2 and 10 with Q. Hughes getting an additional 2 for cross-checking.

This is the only video I could find of the hit. Clean from this angle. J Hughes has the puck on his stick by the boards when Lauko (15) hits him shoulder to shoulder and J Hughes' shoulder hits glass and then the same arm hits the ice. He was favoring that arm going off. You then get Lauko delivering a clean hit on Q. Hughes as he shoots the puck deep. I read a brief interview with Hughes this morning that had him saying he didn't drop his gloves first so he doesn't think he should get any supplementary discipline. Technically true with the gloves, as he just skated up to Lauko from behind, delivered the cross-check, then threw down his stick and shook his gloves imitating a fight to get Lauko to drop first.

Ya, Looked as if some of the American boys were looking around for a dance partner and most of the Czechs were standing around in front of their own net. Kudos too Lauko, he did well getting the decision and he stuck up for himself. :thumbu:

Reactions: Alicat

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I did not see the game but from the Game Summary, it looks like Q. Hughes was mixing it up all night. He was part of another 2+10 scrum in the 2nd but his was just incidental roughing and not the gloves off type. That one was between Jenik and Anderson.
Game Summary

Highlights that only show goals here. Lauko's is at the 34 second mark with Keyser getting most of it but not all.

Reactions: Alicat and maxbme

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
So happy for him. You’ve been high on him for so long and you’ve been spot on. Love this kid

If he gets into a game and plays like he is capable of, going to be hard to take him out.

Another look at his mask from USA Hockey

Keyser-USA-mask1545590768.png

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
We haven't seen Trent Frederick yet but I gotta tell you
Debrincat is making a name for himself ...on Pace to surpass the 30 goal mark and get over 60 pts....and he's a rwinger ..
Debrusk Bergeron Debrincat...not too shabby

Only in dreams

What a mistake to overlook on cat due to his size

Reactions: Blowfish

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
What I wanna know, who's the scout we have out in Czech? Seems they have a great eye for talent.

Pastrnak was ranked around 14-15 by most scouting services but fell to us at 25 due to injury...Lauko was as high as 30-40 if I recall on some scouting services. I’d say we were pretty fortunate on both guys but either way, good on them for taking advantage...the b’s did pretty much run to the podium to grab Pastrnak so they seemed to recognize they were getting a steal. I was watching that draft hoping they’d grab Nikita Scherbak at 25

BruinsNetwork

Pastrnak was ranked around 14-15 by most scouting services but fell to us at 25 due to injury...Lauko was as high as 30-40 if I recall on some scouting services. I’d say we were pretty fortunate on both guys but either way, good on them for taking advantage...the b’s did pretty much run to the podium to grab Pastrnak so they seemed to recognize they were getting a steal. I was watching that draft hoping they’d grab Nikita Scherbak at 25

The Red Line Report had Lauko at No. 15. Shouldn’t be used as gospel, but he was certainly on the radar of certain reputable scouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad