Bruins Prospects VI - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
People who are saying send bjork or donato down, need to realize that they aren’t going to produce Very much until the bruins get a viable option as a 3rd line center. The revolving door of a past him prime backes and fourth liners of Nordstrom and Kuraly getting pushed to the 3rd line is seriously hurting their game.

Replacing bjork or donato with a winger from Providence isn’t going to randomly create scoring. They are just going to run into the same problems that bjork and donato are running into.

Reactions: Estlin

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Is there a minor league hfboards that we can send you down to?

After dropping you down to the echl of hf boards

3 points in 20 games ... on pace for approx 15 points in a full season combined

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016

Don't think I've ever seen someone do math like this before. 3 points in 20 games (combining their games played for some reason) would get you 12 points in an 82 game season (which is half a season I don't know why we are doing this). So it'd be 24 points combined in the season. Which isn't good, I just don't know why you are doing this.

But I also don't think it's fair to donato to not note a change in his chances since he's been on the 3rd with bjork the past few games. Had the goal called back, 1-2 posts and his shot generation and boardwork has definitely been improving. Bjork is benefiting from playing with him too, but they aren't a level where they can carry a line together and Nordstrom isn't the center to do it.

Also sort of odd to me to be calling them out when the 4 other guys in the bottom 6 have combined for 6 points too. I don't think the 2 best offensive players of that bunch are the root of the issue, hopefully we see something click soon.

Anyway back to p-bruins. I've seen people the past few days calling out senyshyn and zboril for their +/-, a stat im in no way a fan of, but if you look at the team there are only 4 guys above 0 right now. Vladar is putting up solid numbers but McIntyre has an .821. The +/- seems to speak to a bigger team issue than what some guys are doing specifically here, especially when you see it's some fairly talented guys at the bottom.

Nice to see senyshyn getting his goals up.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Don't think I've ever seen someone do math like this before. 3 points in 20 games (combining their games played for some reason) would get you 12 points in an 82 game season (which is half a season I don't know why we are doing this). So it'd be 24 points combined in the season. Which isn't good, I just don't know why you are doing this.

But I also don't think it's fair to donato to not note a change in his chances since he's been on the 3rd with bjork the past few games. Had the goal called back, 1-2 posts and his shot generation and boardwork has definitely been improving. Bjork is benefiting from playing with him too, but they aren't a level where they can carry a line together and Nordstrom isn't the center to do it.

Also sort of odd to me to be calling them out when the 4 other guys in the bottom 6 have combined for 6 points too. I don't think the 2 best offensive players of that bunch are the root of the issue, hopefully we see something click soon.

Anyway back to p-bruins. I've seen people the past few days calling out senyshyn and zboril for their +/-, a stat im in no way a fan of, but if you look at the team there are only 4 guys above 0 right now. Vladar is putting up solid numbers but McIntyre has an .821. The +/- seems to speak to a bigger team issue than what some guys are doing specifically here, especially when you see it's some fairly talented guys at the bottom.

Would line to see sensyhyn rack up some assists, but haven’t seen the Providence Bruins this year and not sure if that’s a result of his teammates not finishing. Frederic also has 4 goals and no assists. Regardless it’s encouraging to see sensyshyn and frederic tied for 2nd in goals this year.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Providence has had a rough start,lack of scoring, poor defense, leaky goals, there has been however on occasion decent play mixed in with all the bad.Imo Frederic is going to be a player,its just a matter of time ,just be patient
Senyshyn is a green Banana, was Sunday his long awaited breakout game? We'll see

Reactions: DKH and HustleB

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

He ended you with that comment. Don’t try and one-up him with that ECHL crap.

Anyways, how does bjork have 3 points in 20 games when the Bruins haven’t played 20 games yet?

Reactions: DKH

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Have you been able to watch any of his play over there?

It's not like he would be getting too much KHL TOI, so it was complicated to follow him there, but for the U20 NT he has been solid and I'd say that his WJC chances are solid too. But again, that is something that we will be able to check at the CAN/RUS Series (I expect it to be televised, at least it was like that in previous years).

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He ended you with that comment. Don’t try and one-up him with that ECHL crap.

Anyways, how does bjork have 3 points in 20 games when the Bruins haven’t played 20 games yet?
He’s correct when you add in the 8 games from the MBHL (Make Believe Hockey League) it’s 20

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Would line to see sensyhyn rack up some assists, but haven’t seen the Providence Bruins this year and not sure if that’s a result of his teammates not finishing. Frederic also has 4 goals and no assists. Regardless it’s encouraging to see sensyshyn and frederic tied for 2nd in goals this year.

From what I have seen both are poor and unwilling passers when they have a chance to score

Especially Seny. But we all knew this already

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

The 4th line duty is not to put up points. They could score zero points but still provide impact.

a third line (like last season) needs to help put up points. Otherwise the rest of the team will likely burn out

Not worried. At this rate of struggles and some of the AHL guys on a positive trend, switches are inevitable

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Senyshyn's last 2 games have been really good. Still see his absolute ceiling as being a Burakovsky-type, flashes of 'wow' intermittently but mostly a middle-6ish overall talent. Just don't see the instincts and puck skills in tight ever being refined enough that he's a legitimate top line winger on a decent team.

Kovar looked good too albeit rusty, he's a lot stronger than I thought but takes years to get going one direction to the other, would have to be a soft mins guy in the NHL I think.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
"*A miniscule 8:12 of ice time for Anders Bjork, who hit the bench in the first and second period and finished with just one shot on net. Bjork needs to be much more engaged and play with energy if he wants to make an impact with the B’s."

send him down

Care to share a link to this?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
What happened to Zane McIntyre?

I looked at his stats from October and they look atrocious. Any one see him live or know what's going on?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Well guess who was sent down.....

Bjork should have went with him

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Do you actually watch the games, or just get your information from HockeyDB? It's a legitimate question to ask when you say stuff like this. Bjork may not be scoring, but he's showing he's an NHLer and should be up here. He's playing very well despite the lack of production.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016

He’s got a head start on finding his game down there then! Good for him.

Bjork is good where he is. He just needs some help on his line. Hopefully backes can make a difference

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He’s got a head start on finding his game down there then! Good for him.

Exactly. I think he is going to be a good player for us, but he needs a stint in the AHL to work on the defensive side of his game and his overall awareness. He should flourish there and come back to us ready to do what we all think he is capable of doing.

Reactions: maxbme

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
What happened to Zane McIntyre?

I looked at his stats from October and they look atrocious. Any one see him live or know what's going on?
Unfortunately the once best goalie in the AHL has been on a downhill slide since last year,he seems to have zero confidence and I have zero confidence watching him,I would love to know what happened, not long ago he was almost unbeatable, even the other teams announcers make mention of how far his play has dropped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad