Bruins Prospects VI - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Assuming he turns pro next season, do you see him having to spend time in Providence?

Depends on what the Bruins do between now and then. It's possible he might have to for lack of space on the big club/other guys being ready.

Now if you are asking if I think he will be Ready, then I have to say ask me again in May.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
0 assists and -6 as well. Can anyone comment what his two-way game has looked like?
I’ve got 2 games in next 20 days I’ll focus on him as if he was my kid (always works better that way lol )

Reactions: compan

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Hughes needs to be called up soon. At this rate, prepare to send down Bjork and Donato.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Needs to be called up soon. At this rate, prepare to send down Bjork and Donato.

You're so overreactive. If you've watched Bjork at all you would see that he's playing well, just stuck with offensively challenged players. Do you really think Hughes will come up and it'll be different? He's playing really well in Providence but it's the smallest of sample sizes. Last season he played 14 games, and put up 3 points. This season, 9 games, 8 points. 3/4 goals came in one game. Lets slow our roll, here.

BruinsNetwork

Hughes needs to be called up soon. At this rate, prepare to send down Bjork and Donato.

The absolute last thing that Hughes needs right now is the NHL– he's playing well, but he's exactly where he needs to be. He might get there someday, though. I like him as a future bottom-six player, but he definitely needs to be playing in Providence right now.

Forgotten Bruins prospect Victor Berglund is having a good start for MODO in Allsvenskan so far. Despite being the most expensive prospect for me to follow, I've gotten to see watch of his games this season.

With 2G-3A-5PTS in 14GP, he's about to surpass his totals from the previous season of 1G-6A-7PTS in 37GP. There have been three or so games where he's played under 10:00 ATOI, otherwise he's been just over 20:00 ATOI while playing in a top-4 role. In terms of TOI, he usually comes in third-highest each game behind two other defenders.

Berglund isn't the strongest player or best defensively, but he has one of purest, most fluent shots I've ever seen. When he rips a slapper or one-timer, his follow through doesn't have any choppiness or hesitation whatsoever– excellent mechanics. He's a fine skater who can cover a lot of ground, but he needs to get stronger and work on his positioning. At times, he's a little too eager to jump into the play, but he's developing nicely overall.

If this player had more exposure and was in an easier league to scout, I could have seen him being drafted earlier than the 7th-round.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The absolute last thing that Hughes needs right now is the NHL– he's playing well, but he's exactly where he needs to be. He might get there someday, though. I like him as a future bottom-six player, but he definitely needs to be playing in Providence right now.

Forgotten Bruins prospect Victor Berglund is having a good start for MODO in Allsvenskan so far. Despite being the most expensive prospect for me to follow, I've gotten to see watch of his games this season.

With 2G-3A-5PTS in 14GP, he's about to surpass his totals from the previous season of 1G-6A-7PTS in 37GP. There have been three or so games where he's played under 10:00 ATOI, otherwise he's been just over 20:00 ATOI while playing in a top-4 role. In terms of TOI, he usually comes in third-highest each game behind two other defenders.

Berglund isn't the strongest player or best defensively, but he has one of purest, most fluent shots I've ever seen. When he rips a slapper or one-timer, his follow through doesn't have any choppiness or hesitation whatsoever– excellent mechanics. He's a fine skater who can cover a lot of ground, but he needs to get stronger and work on his positioning. At times, he's a little too eager to jump into the play, but he's developing nicely overall.

If this player had more exposure and was in an easier league to scout, I could have seen him being drafted earlier than the 7th-round.

I disagree

Hughes is putting up points and is on a positive trend.... you think Donato or Bjork deserves nhl min? Why

They have a combination of 3 points in 20 games

Before they forget how to score....send them down

BruinsNetwork

I disagree

Hughes is putting up points and is on a positive trend.... you think Donato or Bjork deserves nhl min? Why

And you think Hughes will be able to bring more offense to the bottom-six that has Nordstrom, Wagner, Kuraly and Acciari? More than Donato and Bjork?

Hughes isn’t even playing with pace that’s anywhere close to the NHL yet. He’s simply not ready. Let the kid develop.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
And you think Hughes will be able to bring more offense to the bottom-six that has Nordstrom, Wagner, Kuraly and Acciari? More than Donato and Bjork?

Hughes isn’t even playing with pace that’s anywhere close to the NHL yet. He’s simply not ready. Let the kid develop.

Woah woah woah, you mean there is more to being an NHL player than goals and assist?

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I disagree

As the once sane Peter Gammons said to that annoying d-bag Felger, 'Watch the games Michael!!'. I will trust the people who actually watch these kids play in Providence. If the kid were ready, he'd be up. I kind of want Donato and Bjork to get sent down so that you will demand they get called back up immediately when they rip it up down there.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
As the once sane Peter Gammons said to that annoying d-bag Felger, 'Watch the games Michael!!'. I will trust the people who actually watch these kids play in Providence. If the kid were ready, he'd be up. I kind of want Donato and Bjork to get sent down so that you will demand they get called back up immediately when they rip it up down there.

Donato scored a goal! Needs to be called up pronto!

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Can anyone who has been following the Providence Bruins give me a little update on senyshyn and frederic? I see that they both are tied for 2nd on the team in goals scored, but have no assists. Have they been playing well, passing the puck, getting power play time? Or are their linemates around them just not finishing on opportunities?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

What I have been following closely are the struggles to generate anything by Bjork and Donato. As of right now, they are playing to give the 1st two lines rest. This is waste of production from a NHL third line

So yes, send them down, sheer off some rust. Score some points, light it up whatever.... maybe it will also light a fire under their butts to play better at the nhl level

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

"*A miniscule 8:12 of ice time for Anders Bjork, who hit the bench in the first and second period and finished with just one shot on net. Bjork needs to be much more engaged and play with energy if he wants to make an impact with the B’s."

send him down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad