Bruins Prospects VI - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Cedric Pare producing well.

Ya, he appears to be on about roughly a 20% increase in production from last year. I was surprised to see Lauko off to a good start in the Q. Although maybe surprised isn't the right word (we saw the talent the kid as during pre-season).

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Lauzon was really steady last night in his debut. He was good in pre-season playing a simple safe game, that did not get a lot of raves but rarely made mistakes. I like his size and poise and he went after a few guys too last night, played the PK, job well done.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Gabrielle in 4 games has 2 goals and -3. Not sure how good the Gladiator team is...

Hoping whatever is going on with him is forgotten and the bruins call him to AHL soon.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Keyser1540657770.png

BTW, you draft junkies should keep an eye on Hunter Jones as well.

IMO, the best goaltender in the OHL right now. Only some key injuries to the Petes has effected his win-loss record, but he's given the rest of the crew a chance to win every single night.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Keyser1540657770.png

BTW, you draft junkies should keep an eye on Hunter Jones as well.

IMO, the best goaltender in the OHL right now. Only some key injuries to the Petes has effected his win-loss record, but he's given the rest of the crew a chance to win every single night.

You mean aside from Bruins prospect Kyle Keyser, right? :laugh:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
You mean aside from Bruins prospect Kyle Keyser, right? :laugh:

Well, if the draft were today, I'd be hoping that the Bruins somehow drafted Jones. No one has played more minutes, faced more pucks and stopped more then Jones, and for a draft eligible goaltender, that is almost unheard of. He's opening eyes and has been invited to play for team OHL in the Canada/Russia Series, which is the precursor to the WJC.

As for Keyser, I had him ranked third in 2017 behind DiPietro and Villalta. Keyser is outplaying both of them right now after a somewhat shaky start. I can't for the life of me understand how he went undrafted. I'm not sure I will ever understand it, especially if he performs to his capabilities as he progresses.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Well, if the draft were today, I'd be hoping that the Bruins somehow drafted Jones. No one has played more minutes, faced more pucks and stopped more then Jones, and for a draft eligible goaltender, that is almost unheard of. He's opening eyes and has been invited to play for team OHL in the Canada/Russia Series, which is the precursor to the WJC.

As for Keyser, I had him ranked third in 2017 behind DiPietro and Villalta. Keyser is outplaying both of them right now after a somewhat shaky start. I can't for the life of me understand how he went undrafted. I'm not sure I will ever understand it, especially if he performs to his capabilities as he progresses.

Is Jones someone that was expected to play this well or did he come out of nowhere?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
dom what round do you draft him

Really, it's too early to say. And it would involve me comparing OHL guys to the rest of the world, which I just don't have enough viewings of them to do so.

All there really is to go by right now is Central Scouting's "players to watch" list. Mark Guzda of Owen Sound is ranked as a B prospect. That is considered a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Jones is ranked as a C prospect which is a 4th, 5th or 6th rounder. Right now, I would take Jones 999 times out of a thousand over Guzda.

Last season, I felt the same way about Villalta this early, and look what happened. I like Jones even more. I don't consider myself very good when it comes to picking goalies. But this is the deepest OHL goalie class in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad