Bruins Prospects VI - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
we'll run another top 25 list toward the end of the summer like last year, but after the draft, figured it was
good to throw a bunch of the names together to get a head start. my list right now, which could be missing
a few players:

1) Ryan Donato - W
2) Urho Vaakanainen - D
3) Trent Frederic - C
4) Jack Studnicka - C
5) Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson - C
6) Jakub Lauko - C/W
7) Zach Senyshyn - W
8) Jakub Zboril - D
9) Jeremy Lauzon - D
10) Peter Cehlarik - W

11-20:
Ryan Fitzgerald - W
Jeremy Swayman - G
Axel Andersson - D
Emil Johansson - D
Oskar Steen - W
Daniel Vladar - G
Wiley Sherman - D
Jesse Gabrielle - W
Zane McIntyre - G
Curtis Hall - C

Other notables:
Kyle Keyser - G
Connor Clifton - D
Joona Koppanen - C
Anton Blidh - W
Cedric Pare - C
Cameron Hughes - C
Daniel Bukac - D
Victor Berglund - D
Karson Kuhlman - C/W

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
we'll run another top 25 list toward the end of the summer like last year, but after the draft, figured it was
good to throw a bunch of the names together to get a head start. my list right now, which could be missing
a few players:

1) Ryan Donato - W
2) Urho Vaakanainen - D
3) Trent Frederic - C
4) Jack Studnicka - C
6) Jakub Lauko - C/W
7) Zach Senyshyn - W
8) Jakub Zboril - D
9) Jeremy Lauzon - D
10) Peter Cehlarik - W

11-20:
Ryan Fitzgerald - W
Jeremy Swayman - G
Axel Andersson - D
Emil Johansson - D
Oskar Steen - W
Daniel Vladar - G
Wiley Sherman - D
Jesse Gabrielle - W
Zane McIntyre - G
Curtis Hall - C

Other notables:
Kyle Keyser - G
Connor Clifton - D
Joona Koppanen - C
Anton Blidh - W
Cedric Pare - C
Cameron Hughes - C
Daniel Bukac - D
Victor Berglund - D
Karson Kuhlman - C/W

I think that list is pretty good. I have zboril a lot higher on my list though. He seems to have higher upside than UV and he played well in the ahl which (I think) is a more talented league than liiga. I’d probably jump zboril to #2. Drop UV between studnicka and frederic and leave everything else the same.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What's the deal with Spooner/Bergy lovechild looking Cedric Pare? Is he doing another year in junior or does he get signed? Is he even AHL eligible- they have to be 20 to play there out of junior, right? Is that 20 at season start or during that year?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
What's the deal with Spooner/Bergy lovechild looking Cedric Pare? Is he doing another year in junior or does he get signed? Is he even AHL eligible- they have to be 20 to play there out of junior, right? Is that 20 at season start or during that year?
Bergerooner.

802685190.jpg.0.jpg

He's got 1 year left as he's 19 now. He played in Providence at the end of this season but didn't sign an ELC.

St. John's just traded him to Rimouski in the Q in late May so he'll be playing for a new team as well this season.

Bruins Prospect Cedric Pare traded in QMJHL

Can't wait to see him this week in camp.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Good list. I see it a little differently.

1) Ryan Donato - W
2) Urho Vaakanainen - D
3) Jakub Zboril - D
4) Trent Frederic - C
5) Jack Studnicka - C
6) Jeremy Lauzon - D
7) Ryan Fitzgerald - W
8) Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson - C
9) Zach Senyshyn - W
10) Jakub Lauko - C/W
11) Jeremy Swayman - G
12) Axel Andersson - D
13) Peter Cehlarik - W
14) Daniel Vladar - G
15) Victor Berglund

a few players:

1) Ryan Donato - W
2) Urho Vaakanainen - D
3) Trent Frederic - C
4) Jack Studnicka - C
6) Jakub Lauko - C/W
7) Zach Senyshyn - W
8) Jakub Zboril - D
9) Jeremy Lauzon - D
10) Peter Cehlarik - W

11-20:
Ryan Fitzgerald - W
Jeremy Swayman - G
Axel Andersson - D
Emil Johansson - D
Oskar Steen - W
Daniel Vladar - G
Wiley Sherman - D
Jesse Gabrielle - W
Zane McIntyre - G
Curtis Hall - C

Other notables:
Kyle Keyser - G
Connor Clifton - D
Joona Koppanen - C
Anton Blidh - W
Cedric Pare - C
Cameron Hughes - C
Daniel Bukac - D
Victor Berglund - D
Karson Kuhlman - C/W

Last edited:
Reactions: Silva

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryan Fitz make the team this summer- it appears we are moving on from Tim Schaller, so there will be that spot open for him where he looks like a good fit to break into the league.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Bergerooner.

802685190.jpg.0.jpg

He's got 1 year left as he's 19 now. He played in Providence at the end of this season but didn't sign an ELC.

St. John's just traded him to Rimouski in the Q in late May so he'll be playing for a new team as well this season.

Bruins Prospect Cedric Pare traded in QMJHL

Can't wait to see him this week in camp.

Thanks for posting that Alicat! Stanley Cup of Chowder was nice enough to include that section of the CBA that covers junior players in the article . It also seems like Pare has grown since he was drafted too. He might be one of those under the radar guys that turn out to be a nice bottom 6/PK player for us.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Thanks for posting that Alicat! Stanley Cup of Chowder was nice enough to include that section of the CBA that covers junior players in the article . It also seems like Pare has grown since he was drafted too. He might be one of those under the radar guys that turn out to be a nice bottom 6/PK player for us.
NP!

Can't wait to see him this week.

I'm specifically interested in his confidence. He seemed to psych himself out a few times last year and you could tell he was a bit jittery with the puck.

Dev Camp rosters come out at noon so hopefully he's on it

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
NP!

Can't wait to see him this week.

I'm specifically interested in his confidence. He seemed to psych himself out a few times last year and you could tell he was a bit jittery with the puck.

Dev Camp rosters come out at noon so hopefully he's on it

If I lived in the area I would be there for sure- can't wait to hear reports on the camp from those that are lucky enough to see some or all of it. It's one of the best parts of the summer :D

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Studnicka ahead of JFK? You guys are nuts.

JFK and Studnicka are pretty close. Both are skilled playmakers. Studnicka is a faster and more aggressive skater. JFK is the positional wizard. When given the opportunity in pre-season, Studnicka looked like a future NHL'r. In his one NHL game, JFK looked like a fish out of water. It's a tiny sample, but seizing opportunity has to count for something.

Let's see how they both do in Providence this year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Studnicka outperforms JFK out of the gate. He is a hungry competitor. JFK on the other hand, is like the tortoise in the Aesop fable. He could quietly put up 70pts in Providence as long as he stays healthy.

I like both players, but I don't see a giant gap in upside.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
JFK and Studnicka are pretty close. Both are skilled playmakers. Studnicka is a faster and more aggressive skater. JFK is the positional wizard. When given the opportunity in pre-season, Studnicka looked like a future NHL'r. In his one NHL game, JFK looked like a fish out of water. It's a tiny sample, but seizing opportunity has to count for something.

Let's see how they both do in Providence this year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Studnicka outperforms JFK out of the gate. He is a hungry competitor. JFK on the other hand, is like the tortoise in the Aesop fable. He could quietly put up 70pts in Providence as long as he stays healthy.

Won't find out how Studnicka performs until 2019-2020. He has to go back to the OHL for this season.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Studnicka can't play in Providence this year.

I don't see Studnicka anywhere near JFK. Studnicka is a project. JFK is almost ready to play centre in the NHL.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Studnicka can't play in Providence this year.

I don't see Studnicka anywhere near JFK. Studnicka is a project. JFK is almost ready to play centre in the NHL.

And Studnicka, to some, may have more NHL upside as a player than JFK does? So does this mean anyone who has Frederic over JFK is nuts also?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
And Studnicka, to some, may have more NHL upside as a player than JFK does? So does this mean anyone who has Frederic over JFK is nuts also?

Time will tell but there's a reason the Bruins pried JFK out of college.

And where is the upside for Studnicka? I watched him a lot this year and I don't see it. He had 22 goals on the top line with massive PP time. He barely outscored teammate Allan McShane, who is a year younger and went in the 4th round this year.

If someone wants to make a case for Frederic over JFK I'm sympathetic, because he's big, athletic and put up the numbers but Studnicka has a long way to go to be in the class of those two.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
a few players:

1) Ryan Donato - W
2) Urho Vaakanainen - D
3) Trent Frederic - C
4) Jack Studnicka - C
6) Jakub Lauko - C/W
7) Zach Senyshyn - W
8) Jakub Zboril - D
9) Jeremy Lauzon - D
10) Peter Cehlarik - W

11-20:
Ryan Fitzgerald - W
Jeremy Swayman - G
Axel Andersson - D
Emil Johansson - D
Oskar Steen - W
Daniel Vladar - G
Wiley Sherman - D
Jesse Gabrielle - W
Zane McIntyre - G
Curtis Hall - C

Other notables:
Kyle Keyser - G
Connor Clifton - D
Joona Koppanen - C
Anton Blidh - W
Cedric Pare - C
Cameron Hughes - C
Daniel Bukac - D
Victor Berglund - D
Karson Kuhlman - C/W

Good list Nugs.

I love the Lauko pick, but not sure I have him ahead of Senyshyn, who I think has a breakout year.

I think that JFK and Cehlarik (and probably Lauzon) should all have asterisks. If they can stay healthy, they move up.

I really like Zboril, but the FO appears to be much higher on UV than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad